www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline
The Citizen
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:40 pm
Posts: 13889
Just a heads up to alert you to a video uploaded to the Dreamsville site today. It's one I made some years ago for the track 'Albion Dream Vortex.' It features a selection of my photographic work with accompanying music. Go to the 'gallery' section of the website and click on 'ESSOLDO CINEMA' then select 'Bill Nelson Videos' and scroll Down the page to find 'Albion Dream Vortex.' Enjoy! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:40 am 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:34 am
Posts: 17022
Location: Dreamshire
Happy to have woken up to experience this pleasant trip .

Places familiar and unfamiliar the photographs .

The between-photo' segue fields are also wonderful .

The Dream Nippon aspect of Dream Albion glows throughout .

One hears the track in a different way .

One time listening to this track I was taken on a journey through hills and underground rivers thanks to the imps of the undergrowth and their magical ways .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 586
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
A fantastic album. Graced by Bill's photography. Some classic tracks on this one:
"Behold These Present Days"
"Like a Boat in the Blue"
"Tomorrow Will Not Be Too Late"
"Electrical Adepts of the Celestial Bed"
"The Mastery of The Thing"
"Let Us Melt and Make No Noise"
Please check out the samples on this album's page. Being a title from a few years ago, it is inexpensively priced in the store.

John


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:12 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:34 am
Posts: 17022
Location: Dreamshire
Haven't listened to this release in a while .

Will today .

Thanks, John .

Ya fired me up to do that .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 4:51 am
Posts: 790
Very nice video- very relaxing and contemplative.
Your colorization/animations are excellent.
The juxs between photograph and computer imagaery are very Zen (like cleaning the palette between wines).
Thanks for sharing.
Perfect for our gray-skied valentine's day!
:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 586
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
alec wrote:
Haven't listened to this release in a while .

Will today .

Thanks, John .

Ya fired me up to do that .

"Higher and Higher!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:50 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 5:14 pm
Posts: 456
Location: The Great Northwest
John Fisher wrote:
A fantastic album. Graced by Bill's photography. Some classic tracks on this one:
"Behold These Present Days"
"Like a Boat in the Blue"
"Tomorrow Will Not Be Too Late"
"Electrical Adepts of the Celestial Bed"
"The Mastery of The Thing"
"Let Us Melt and Make No Noise"
Please check out the samples on this album's page. Being a title from a few years ago, it is inexpensively priced in the store.

John


Albion Dream Vortex and The Sparkle Machine were the albums of the year in 2013 if you ask me.

_________________
"A boy dreams of spacesuits, planets, and stars
Rockets and heroes, journeys to Mars
and several years later, electric guitars"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 am 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:34 am
Posts: 17022
Location: Dreamshire
John Fisher wrote:
alec wrote:
Haven't listened to this release in a while .

Will today .

Thanks, John .

Ya fired me up to do that .

"Higher and Higher!"


That track does interesting things to me, JF .

The music itself makes me feel very sentimental, wistful yet inspired but just as I'm about to succumb to streams music-lover tears .... the "Higher and higher" kicks in and ... I suddenly develop this stiff upper lip . :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 am 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 586
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
alec wrote:
John Fisher wrote:
"Higher and Higher!"

That track does interesting things to me, JF .

The music itself makes me feel very sentimental, wistful yet inspired but just as I'm about to succumb to streams music-lover tears .... the "Higher and higher" kicks in and ... I suddenly develop this stiff upper lip . :)

My favorite Bill is when he drops into 'ultra-sublime'. Like in "The Mastery of the Thing". Gives me the shivers.

John


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX': THE VIDEO.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:34 am
Posts: 17022
Location: Dreamshire
John Fisher wrote:
alec wrote:
John Fisher wrote:
"Higher and Higher!"

That track does interesting things to me, JF .

The music itself makes me feel very sentimental, wistful yet inspired but just as I'm about to succumb to streams music-lover tears .... the "Higher and higher" kicks in and ... I suddenly develop this stiff upper lip . :)

My favorite Bill is when he drops into 'ultra-sublime'. Like in "The Mastery of the Thing". Gives me the shivers.

John


A shiver-me-timbers track to be sure, JF, is ‘The Mastery Of The Thing’ .

Its masterful in how one emotion, like lump-in-the-throat, is checked [ and balanced, for that matter ] by stiff upper lip .

So I tip my hat [ my black Stacy Adams hat ] to such mastery of the thing, as the listener is given an opportunity to effortlessly, simply through the act of listening, transcend opposites .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group