www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW ALBUM PROGRESS...,
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:09 pm 
The Citizen

Should really put more news of this in my journal, but I have to say that my special 70th birthday album is growing at an extraordinary rate. Well over 40 tracks recorded now and a really nice one underway tonight titled 'Who's That Floating Above The Trees?' Whilst that may sound like the title of an instrumental track, it's actually a lovely, surreal, vocal ballad with a spiritual, metaphysical, enigmatic feel. A gentle, esoteric blanket of warmth.

I'm now thinking of retitling the album, because it holds such a vast cornucopia of styles. I think I'll move the original 'These Stars Are Fire' title to disc one of the 3 disc set and give the overall triple album the singular title: 'AUDITORIA.' I'll then need to come up with suitable titles for the other discs in the set. This new title seems to be more appropriate to the varied genres of music on the three disc set and encompasses the wider scope of the sounds that will be featured on it. This one is, if I may say so, a gargantuan effort and an epic statement of intent.

Post subject: Re: NEW ALBUM PROGRESS...,
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 pm 
Regular

Who's that floating above the trees....?

why of course it's Boris.....!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 am 
Regular

Sounds like a fitting title Bill! I hope that I am lucky enough to score a copy when it becomes available.
Will anything else be released in the interim? I need to save every penny I can for this massive set! Take it easy on us!

Cheers
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 am 
Regular

AUDITORIA is a corker of a title .

It conjures an image of thousands of ghostly, robot-like angel-beings, all singing above a shimmering, spinning, silver cloud .... below which is an enormous and impossibly complex pipe organ .... the overall effect being a massive tree made of music .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:26 am 
Regular

I will nominate: POOKY as another disc title.

just because.

Q :arrow:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm 
Regular

alec wrote:
AUDITORIA is a corker of a title .

+1

Really looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:44 pm 
Regular

'Who's That Floating Above The Trees?'...… even though it's 'who' rather than 'what', my first instinct was to think of that big ball of menace that follows Dana Andrews as he scarpers through the forest in the still unsettling 'Night Of The Demon'.....then I read Bill's description of the track and it calmed my escalating nerves somewhat....

..… .just as a bit of a tenuous connection (black and white and brilliant...well, that'll do will it not?)....my wife Sam has just booked for us all to see an open air screening of 'La Belle et la Bete' at Somerset House in London in mid August - the second feature that evening is 'Bride of Frankenstein' - the first 'horror' film I saw on the telly in the early 70's when I was a kid, and a film which I have loved ever since.....the kids have seen both several times and are looking forward to it as much as we are in case you thought we were torturing them :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:25 am 
Regular

Maybe if you can't think of a title for one of the remaining discs you could resurrect 'The Art School Ascended On Vapours Of Roses' as it is the best album title that never was.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:30 pm 
Regular

The sequel to MYSTERIOUS OBJECT OVERHEAD! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm 
The Citizen

Its a complex beast, this triple album. So much material to sort through to choose what will eventually end up on the three discs.

It needs to be meaningful to me, of course, and also a reflection of the different genres/styles I've touched upon over the years. An impossible task to make it fit that exact brief, somethings will be inevitably left out of the picture, but such is the diversity of material I've created over all these years that three discs can only contain a fraction of the entire adventure., And, thank goodness, it's an unending adventure, one which vitalises and inspires me to this day and beyond. :wink: