www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: BILL NELSON the songs A-Z!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:55 pm 
Regular

Mayor of Dreamsville wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:
thanks for your VERY helpful info LOU! i did view the AMAZON listing and recall that release as it occurred upon reflection, as a DVD only release. therefore, i guess this cd/dvd release is a crooked one indeed. but as the listing for the "REAL" one clearly has it this way...

Solo Set:

Above These Clouds The Sweetest Dream
Golden Dreams Of Circus Horses
A Dream For Ian
For Stuart

i will surely add these two selections! thanks again for your help, benny

Hi Benny,

The only official Rocketeers recordings were from the live LEGENDS DVD/CD, as these were all live recordings, their original forms have all appeared on previous releases.
The two that have never been released before were - "Beyond These Clouds The Sweetest Dream" - Bill Solo Recording. "Golden Dream Of Circus Horses" - Bill & Theo Travis.

Note:- The first track mentioned is "Beyond" not "Above".

thanks! you must be a mind reader. my NEXT question was ABOVE or BEYOND as i see them both. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:25 pm 
Bar Manager

Bronxapostle wrote:
7-9-11 update: only TWO songs added today from GENTLEMEN ROCKETEERS live dvd bringing us to 1616 tracks! my logic for the small update is i once more want to ask your assistance please. WILL I NEED TO ADD ANYTHING from the 8 cd boxset THE PRACTICE OF EVERYDAY LIFE? thanks, ba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 am 
Regular

next to last update is on the way. then look for FINAL one on July 15th, and then next July 15th and the one after that etc! cheers, ba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:20 pm 
Bar Manager

Benny's latest update...

Bronxapostle wrote:
7-11-13 update: NEON CYNICS adds nine while DREAMSHIRE CHRONICLES adds thirty-four! so we have 1616 plus 43 which gets us to 1659 with only ONE MORE UPDATE to come...THE BLIPS!!! see you on 7-15. look forward to my FANTASTIC STORY about JUST WHY i wanted to wrap it up on 7-15 and stay tuned for the serendipitous story....you just might like it! or be slightly touched/thrilled anyway. and may i ask kindly just one last time...DOES ANYTHING NEED TO BE ADDED FROM THE EVERYDAY LIFE 8 cd boxset??? thank you! best, benny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 pm 
Regular

In regard to "Practice of Everyday Life", I just scanned the tracklist on my set and don't see anything identified as unreleased. However, disc #8 (bonus disc) has several live tracks that I'm not sure about. They are identified as Bill Nelson at the BBC, 4 tracks from John Peel Show 1981 and 4 tracks from David "Kid" Jensen Show 1983. I'm sure someone here has insight concerning these.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm 
Regular

a little notice pertaining to this A-Z thread...look for the FINAL update (for now) which shall bring us fully up to date in two short days, 15th of July! i hope everyone enjoyed and enjoys...MORE TO COME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:11 am 
Regular

stpetelou wrote:
In regard to "Practice of Everyday Life", I just scanned the tracklist on my set and don't see anything identified as unreleased. However, disc #8 (bonus disc) has several live tracks that I'm not sure about. They are identified as Bill Nelson at the BBC, 4 tracks from John Peel Show 1981 and 4 tracks from David "Kid" Jensen Show 1983. I'm sure someone here has insight concerning these.

The 1981 session featured an exclusive track called 'Jazz' recorded with Richard Jobson. The 3/4 of 1983 session (Contemplation, Dancing on a Knife's Edge and Indiscretion) was previously available as an ABM EP and the fourth track Time Tracking was therefore first released on the box set.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:37 pm 
Bar Manager

This is Benny's latest update, which should bring the song list up to date (for now)...

Bronxapostle wrote:
7-15-13 update.....THE BLIPS!!!! BLIP! adds twenty two; while BLIP! 2 (The Tremulous Doo-Wah Diddy) adds fourteen. so, 1659 plus these 36 brings us to 1695 at our '15th of July, 2013 stopping (and FULLY UPDATED???) point'.' which ALSO gets us to the story that i owe you all.

my beloved Irish twin sister (born eleven months after me!) IDA went to God up above on July 15, 1999. once i returned to this A-Z list about three weeks ago, with a whooping 10-14 cds to catch up with, i selected 7-15 as a target date for completion, simply as a ridiculously tiny homage to Ida. i wish i could tell you that she was a tremendous BE BOP or Bill fan, but it would be a lie. She was a fan of much GREAT MUSIC and if memory serves, i think she owned a vinyl Modern Music and LIVE! IN THE AIR-AGE back in the 1970's! the guts of this story goes like this. imagine my utter pleasure at realizing the FIRST song on our marvelous A-Z list just the other night, LONG AFTER i targeted this date as my end point!!! it is this type of serendipitous melancholic something/nothingness that warms my heart and allows ME to know that MY GOD is a funny God who loves us dearly and reaffirms for me my old adage that: AS LONG AS SOMEONE WHO HAS GONE FROM THIS LIFE REMAINS REMEMBERED AND LOVED, THEY REMAIN AMONG US HERE! and to further stun some of you, who i would imagine may have no special affinity for Mr. Bruce Springsteen, please take a moment to view this EXCELLENT song, with a very similar sentiment, from his latest record performed live! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrHQsmON2U

now, here i sit with a decision to be made. do i just wait for 15th of July yearly for my update or would you all rather i try to stay timely and add them as they are received into our lives? me, myself, i'm kinda torn. therefore, i guess i will hand this decision over to our man of honor THE CITIZEN.himself. and please two side notes to Bill, with all due respect....a) you must NEVER write a song with a numerical value of LESS than 15! if you write a song named THREE ANGELS, please have it be the written as the word, not numerically, as destiny has now asked that 15th of July remains our first song here at the A-Z list throughout eternity. and b) as we have previously discussed...WHERE IS THAT X SONG??? perhaps you can call it simply.... "X (for the A-Z list)" or "X (as in Ida)" LOL. cheers friends. it has been a supreme BLAST doing this and/or a labour of love as stated once by a fellow poster here way back!!!! my best always, benny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 am 
Regular

'The Blue Taint' :shock:

Must be an Art School thing , similar to hazing rituals on athletic teams ? :shock: :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:02 am 
Bar Manager

Bronxapostle wrote:
7-19-13 adds two 2012 Christmas songs...which brings us to 1697!!! please welcome to the A-Z list: THINK AND YOU'LL MISS IT and BEAT STREET. sorry for the omissions and please keep your eyes opened for ANY other error folks. best, ba

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next