www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: BILL NELSON the songs A-Z!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:16 pm 
Regular

Benny, does this A-Z only include Bill's own songs & not songs he guested on, as he did with David Sylvian for instance, if not that would make another good list, all Bill's known guest appearance's & where to find them.

I'm just listening to David Sylvian's Gone To Earth, Bill plays on six of the tracks.

Tall order I know I bet even Bill can't remember every track he guested on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:00 am 
Regular

yes James...i have had the vinyl LP since it came out and enjoy some of it. i intentionally omitted it as it is NOT a BILL release. feel free to start an "addendum appearance A-Z list"...a heckuva lot EASIER task. :lol: :lol: :lol: all the best, ba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 am 
New in Town

bronxapostle

One more for your fantastic list and another link to Japan/David Sylvian:

Soluna Oriana - an instrumental track did for the Mick Carn Cancer Appeal in 2010.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:23 pm 
Regular

thanks Dr. C!!! i will add that when i add ALBION DREAM VORTEX shortly. was that track "officially released?" best, ba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 pm 
Regular

Not certain obviously, but isn't this some kind of world record? Especially when considering the fact that they're all written by Bill, eh? Scrolling down the list, remembering many gems.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:50 am 
Regular

good Lord.....i need some help here: WHAT LPS DO I NEED TO ADD TO THE LIST???? :oops: :oops: thanks, benny

oh wait...i find this at post TWO for this thread:

7-15-13 update.....THE BLIPS!!!! BLIP! adds twenty two; while BLIP! 2 (The Tremulous Doo-Wah Diddy) adds fourteen. so, 1659 plus these 36 brings us to 1695 at our '15th of July, 2013 stopping (and FULLY UPDATED???) point'.' which ALSO gets us to the story that i owe you all.

my beloved Irish twin sister (born eleven months after me!) IDA went to God up above on July 15, 1999. once i returned to this A-Z list about three weeks ago, with a whooping 10-14 cds to catch up with, i selected 7-15 as a target date for completion, simply as a ridiculously tiny homage to Ida. i wish i could tell you that she was a tremendous BE BOP or Bill fan, but it would be a lie. She was a fan of much GREAT MUSIC and if memory serves, i think she owned a vinyl Modern Music and LIVE! IN THE AIR-AGE back in the 1970's! the guts of this story goes like this. imagine my utter pleasure at realizing the FIRST song on our marvelous A-Z list just the other night, LONG AFTER i targeted this date as my end point!!! it is this type of serendipitous melancholic something/nothingness that warms my heart and allows ME to know that MY GOD is a funny God who loves us dearly and reaffirms for me my old adage that: AS LONG AS SOMEONE WHO HAS GONE FROM THIS LIFE REMAINS REMEMBERED AND LOVED, THEY REMAIN AMONG US HERE! and to further stun some of you, who i would imagine may have no special affinity for Mr. Bruce Springsteen, please take a moment to view this EXCELLENT song, with a very similar sentiment, from his latest record performed live! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrHQsmON2U

now, here i sit with a decision to be made. do i just wait for 15th of July yearly for my update or would you all rather i try to stay timely and add them as they are received into our lives? me, myself, i'm kinda torn. therefore, i guess i will hand this decision over to our man of honor THE CITIZEN.himself. and please two side notes to Bill, with all due respect....a) you must NEVER write a song with a numerical value of LESS than 15! if you write a song named THREE ANGELS, please have it be the written as the word, not numerically, as destiny has now asked that 15th of July remains our first song here at the A-Z list throughout eternity. and b) as we have previously discussed...WHERE IS THAT X SONG??? perhaps you can call it simply.... "X (for the A-Z list)" or "X (as in Ida)" LOL. cheers friends. it has been a supreme BLAST doing this and/or a labour of love as stated once by a fellow poster here way back!!!! my best always, benny

7-19-13 adds two 2012 Christmas songs...which brings us to 1697!!! please welcome to the A-Z list: THINK AND YOU'LL MISS IT and BEAT STREET. sorry for the omissions and please keep your eyes opened for ANY other error folks. best, ba

all this implies everything after the BLIPS which is FOUR lps curently, yes????
ALBION DREAM VORTEX
PEDALSCOPE (I NEED A COPY SOMEONE PLEASE!!!)
FANTASTIC GUITARS
STEREO STAR MAPS
and the new one coming soon. i will add these five before 2014 ends, i promise. sound good? now, how did i edit? did i just email it anew to you once i am done Jon? and my notation for post two as well if my memory serves me well. STAY TUNED and LMK if you have an extra PEDALSCOPE anyone please.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:48 pm 
Regular

do NOT forget to add THE SPARKLE MACHINE also benny!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:53 pm 
Regular

bronxapostle wrote:
do NOT forget to add THE SPARKLE MACHINE also benny!!!!
and Shining Reflector too

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:04 pm 
Regular

one more update; TO REMIND MYSELF, i need to add the SEVEN latest...with a little luck, on my upcoming Easter vacation. wish me well.

ALBION
PEDAL
FANTASTIC
SPARKLE
STEREO
SHINING and
QUIET

get to it ba!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm 
Regular

this is what it will read tonight or tomorrow at post two of this thread after JON enters the UPDATE at post one:

3/19/2015 update...firstly, forgive my delay. before we get another five or six releases this year, let's get caught up with our list. HERE WE GO!!! todays update adds the last seven long players COMPLETELY, namely: Pedalscope, Stereo Star Maps, Shining Reflector, Fantastic Guitars, The Sparkle Machine, Albion Dream Vortex and Quiet Bells which incorporate 101 songs.....so, we are up to 1798!!! plus Soluna Oriana from Mick Karn tribute makes it 1799. and if i am correct, A GUITAR FOR CHRISTMAS makes it an even 1800! but, PLEASE!!! it is your job ALL fanatics to proofread and pass along necessary corrections and/or point out any omissions. thanks, benny

i have also asked Jon to amend the title to now read something like this:

BILL NELSON the songs A-Z!! as of March 2015

let's see if that helps for a more successful perusal when warranted!

best, ba

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next