www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: BILL NELSON the songs A-Z!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:36 pm 
Regular

Huzzah!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 pm 
Regular

The Bach und Mozart Verzeichnis total more than 1000 compositions each - nowhere near to Nelson's output and current age. Many of their works have hardly or ever been performed other than by the composer's themselves.
On the other hand, Ravel's output is way smaller in quantity yet span a very broad scala of the musical spectrum. And remarkably are ALL still being played / performed world wide.

Back to Bill - how many hours of continual playing would his output of 2000 pieces encompass?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:54 pm 
Regular

In my Bill favorites playlist I have 592 songs, which iTunes tells me would take 1.7 days to listen to. So that gives you some idea :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 pm 
Regular

i am compiling a rare summer solstice update instead of the usual once a year Yuletide only one. but, THIS glaring alphabetical error caught my eye...just a reminder to myself to amend when i do send it the mayor's way!!!

Wildest Dreams
Will
William is Wearing the Cardigan of Light
Willow Silk
Windmill Interlude
Windsong of the Flying Boy
*******Wiping a Tear from the All Seeing Eye************
Wind Chimes of Memory
Windmills in a World without Wind
Windswept
Wing and a Prayer
Wing Thing
Wings and Everything
Winterchyme

AND AGAIN, to implore you all to assist in these instances when you do spot them. thanks, b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 am 
Bar Manager

I have updated the A-Z list on page 1 with the extra tracks that our man Benny has compiled...Thanks Benny! - Jon.

bronxpostle wrote:
hello all...i have decided on this very rare mid year update for TWO reasons. firstly, and most importantly, WE NOW CELEBRATE THE A-Z LIST INCLUDING 2000 SONGS!!! 2007 to be exact as 49 total tracks are added from these three releases: THE AWAKENING OF DR. DREAM, KID FLIP & THE GOLDEN SPACEMEN and LUXURY WONDER MOMENTS to our previous number of 1958. secondly, i got a big hunch we are going to have a vastly prolific second half of 2017. so, by cutting it in half i will be less overwhelmed come years end. again, big thanks to the man himself for all the music. how lucky are we??? thanks and MANY MORE to/from BILL! best, ba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm 
Regular

a heartfelt thank you to both JON and BILL for sending along a wonderful THANK YOU autograph and guitar pick/plectrum!! a THANK YOU for what??? filling my empty hours alphabetizing the songs? :lol: :lol: thankfully, i began the task when there were WAY less song titles with which to contend. NOW, i'd be intimidated. if you are a fbook friend or want to follow bronxapostle at instagram, you can see it there. thanks loads for the thank you. :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:18 pm 
Regular

begging your help here...FROM WHAT RELEASE DO I NEED TO BEGIN WITH MY NEXT UPDATE???

and what additional stray tracks must i include?

also, WAS THERE A FREE CHRISTMAS SINGLE AGAIN???

S-O-S!!! :D :D :D

oh, i see this now...i should figure where to pick up from now. BUT HELP WITH STRAY TRACK TITLES PLEASE!!!

bronxpostle wrote:
hello all...i have decided on this very rare mid year update for TWO reasons. firstly, and most importantly, WE NOW CELEBRATE THE A-Z LIST INCLUDING 2000 SONGS!!! 2007 to be exact as 49 total tracks are added from these three releases: THE AWAKENING OF DR. DREAM, KID FLIP & THE GOLDEN SPACEMEN and LUXURY WONDER MOMENTS to our previous number of 1958. secondly, i got a big hunch we are going to have a vastly prolific second half of 2017. so, by cutting it in half i will be less overwhelmed come years end. again, big thanks to the man himself for all the music. how lucky are we??? thanks and MANY MORE to/from BILL! best, ba

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 am 
Regular

Luminatron?.. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm 
Regular

Tourist in Wonderland wrote:
Luminatron?.. :wink:

hi tourist!

is this a question for me???

i see a LUMINATION track already here....but NOT a LUMINATRON! maybe you and or i should write the song! :D :D

and sorry, i do NOT know how to cross reference from WHERE the song originates. i guess we would need a real idiot savant to name where the tracks are from!

just passing through for the first time in quite awhile as i am looking what needs to be added. so, look for an update soon with the help of my great friend THE MAYOR!!! thanks for making this such a popular thread all! peace, ba

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:43 am 
Bar Manager

I have updated the list here on the forum - don't forget that there is a slightly amended version of Benny's A-Z list, with links back to the original release, on the discography section of Dreamsville...
Thanks, as always Benny!!!

bronxapostle wrote:
22/8/18

i have done the deed at last....adding the FIVE long players (6 actually as one is a double!) YET as i yearly inch closer to senility.
well, the story goes like this....
i have added:

SONGS FOR GHOSTS...........................28
THAT OLD MYSTERIOSO.......................17
THE UNREALIST................................15
DRIVE THIS COMET ACROSS THE SKY........12
DYNAMOS AND TREMOLOS....................12

so, the addition of these 84 tracks here added to the previous 2007, brings us to a grand total of 2091.
FANTASTIC OUTPUT. THANK YOU BILL!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next