www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: BE BOP DELUXE TOUR DATES
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:07 pm 
Regular

Wecome Kirkmc....good to have you on board and I'm sure any questions that you have regarding Bill's long musical career will no doubt be answered by the very knowledgable bunch here in Dreamsville, if not by the Boss man himself... :D

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:21 pm 
Regular

andygeorge wrote:
Wecome Kirkmc....good to have you on board and I'm sure any questions that you have regarding Bill's long musical career will no doubt be answered by the very knowledgable bunch here in Dreamsville, if not by the Boss man himself... :D

Andy

Thanks, good to know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:55 pm 
Regular

Painterman wrote:
The Concert at the Grand in Leeds was recorded as I remember the mobile recording unit parked down the street at the side. I think some tracks from here were on the album.

Interestingly on re-reading the sleeve notes on my CD copy of Live! In the Air Age, the concert stuff was originally destined to be included on the planned double album release of Drastic Plastic but was thought worthy enough to make-up a separate live album :shock:

However, the tour which is being discussed here (I think) was one year after that, when Bill deployed his SG2000 for some of the songs from Drastic Plastic :lol:

kirkmc - if you actually recall the radio incident on stage do you remember what guitars Bill was using? :D :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:07 pm 
Regular

transistor radio wrote:

kirkmc - if you actually recall the radio incident on stage do you remember what guitars Bill was using? :D :wink:

Ha, no luck there. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:16 pm 
Regular

I saw BBD open for LS in NYC....left after BBD...BN was using the 345..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:20 pm 
The Citizen

Welcome kirkmc! I'm afraid I can't help you with those '70s memories. I've long ago forgotten or lost interest in them...but there's LOTS for you to catch up on in the Dreamsville Department Store here on the website. Never mind Amazon, (the stuff on there is old hat.) The real deal is here! :wink: :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:25 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Welcome kirkmc! I'm afraid I can't help you with those '70s memories. I've long ago forgotten or lost interest in them...but there's LOTS for you to catch up on in the Dreamsville Department Store here on the website. Never mind Amazon, (the stuff on there is old hat.) The real deal is here! :wink: :D

Thanks, Bill. I'll have a look around. I was planning on buying The Practice of Everyday Life and Noise Candy. I'll have a look at your store and see what the prices are. :D I already bought a bunch of CDs from Amazon recently....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:16 pm 
Bar Manager

transistor radio wrote:
kirkmc wrote:

If Live in the Air Age was recorded in 77, why are none of the songs from Modern Music on it? It must have been before that.

Bill could answer this I'm sure, but I'm thinking the live material was recorded prior to 'Modern Music' but was put on the back burner until it was felt the time was right for it's release :wink:

I believe the bonus live songs on the last disc of the 'Futurst Manifesto' box set, were from the same recorded concerts that 'Live In The Air Age' came from, these DO contain songs from the 'Modern Music' album.
I've no idea why they were missed off the original live album, but I do know that Bill went into Fairview recording studio a few years ago, to clean them up a bit and tweak a couple of technical glitches on guitar parts - so maybe that's why they were overlooked originally???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:50 pm 
Regular

Those are very good points MOD, though I've just realised there is one song.... Down on Terminal Street, albeit chanting from the audience at the very end of Blazin' Apostles which is from MM 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:56 pm 
New in Town

KEEF1959 wrote:
Hi Fred

BBD did not tour the USA until 1976. I've got them down as playing the Riviera Theatre in Chicago on the 21st April 1976 supporting Thin Lizzy. I have a review of that show, so it definitely happened.

However, I have a date of a tentative date 03 Dec 1976 for BBD to play in Chicago, Illinois. I have no info on venue or who was on the bill. I guess this could be the show with Heart? I'd be interested if you can find your txt stub!

I save all my ticket stubs, but never had one for that show -- but I did find the backstage pass from the show!

It says ""Kevlon Enterprises Presents Authorization JM Date 25/Oct BACK STAGE PASS", but unfortunately does not list the year.

Looking at the tour schedules, it must have been either the 2nd or 3rd tour. I know my memory has already failed me on this, but the fellow who took me had graduated in 74 or 75, so the later the year the less likely he would have still been around. I'm therefore guessing October 25, 1976.

Heart was definitely the other band that night. I see City Boy was doing most of the gigs around the October date in 1977 and they were not at the show I saw.

Ok, just found this: Heart at the Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, October 25, 1976. That's more confirmation than I've been able to get anywhere else, and quite a coincidence if not completely true about this being the date for the BBD / Heart show.

I am now convinced: October 25, 1976.

Can't believe it hasn't turned up anywhere else online....

Fred

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next