www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: BE BOP DELUXE TOUR DATES
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:01 pm 
Regular

Thanks Keef it could well be that June date as Bill is wearing the same panama hat in
Chelmford Chancellor hall pics shown below which was on the 8th June '75
Did Andy Clark perform on the Futurama tour ? He's not shown in the Chelmsford pics.

http://www.rock-photos.co.uk/photos/bebop75.htm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:09 am 
The Citizen

Geetar Homer wrote:
Did Andy Clark perform on the Futurama tour ? He's not shown in the Chelmsford pics.

We did some gigs as a three piece, just Charlie, Simon and myself, before Andy joined the band.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:44 am 
Regular

Thanks Puzzleoyster! I had a cutting advertising the gig, but it was not dated, hence the question marks after the date,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:01 am 
Regular

Keef have you seen this Marmalade Skies page which lists some gigs from the seventies

http://www.marmalade-skies.co.uk/RTT2.htm

It lists the Kensington Biba gig as 12th Aug '74. I believe this was the last performance of the first line up of the band. There are other dates mentioned as well if you check through the months.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:12 pm 
Regular

Hi Geetar Homer

Yes, I got a lot of dates off the Marmalade Skies site. Very informative!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:23 am 
Regular

Bill
You seem to be the only person with the info which is missing from the 1973
dates where Be Bop Deluxe MARK ONE Finished at the Duke Of Cumberland with the departure of Richard Brown 22/12/72

There are several dates from your own personal tour diary which you did consider sharing further back on this thread, however you were heavily under the Hepworth Gallery performance preperation at the time.
Have you got time now to get those dates

Apologies...I'm so extremely busy at the moment with preparations for my rapidly approaching Hepworth concert, plus video making, working with Reeves Gabrels, contributing to a Unity Hall documentary film and planning upcoming album releases that I just can't drop everything to search for the notebook and details you requested. I'll try to come back to it in the months ahead if time allows. Thanks for understanding

page 3 of this thread shows the dates needed and also the dates revealed in the pages of Practice of everyday life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:06 am 
Regular

This is cool. I love amateur archivist lists. I can verify the 3 April 1976 show in Portland as BBD opened for Golden Earring.

There are surely live recordings of many of these BBD shows and post BBD lineups as well squirreled away in somebody's basement somewhere. I would think somebody affiliated with the sound crew would record every show as a routine, but perhaps they were simply lost over time. What I'm getting at is it could be an additional revenue stream for Mr. Nelson as long as it meets his standards and offer them as downloads, much like Frisell offers his Live Download Series. I'm sure there would be interest (count me in) but I don't know if any of these dates were recorded or saved. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:41 am 
The Citizen

I'm afraid that laying my hands on that notebook with a few early dates in it is no quick and easy task. If I still have it it will be somewhere amongst my rather chaotic, vast and scattered archives. It would take me hours to track it down and even then, there's no guarantee that it would contain all that you're wanting to know. It certainly wouldn't state which gig was the last that Richard Brown did with the band, only some of those early dates were listed, (pubs and working men's clubs, etc.)

It's an eternity ago now and memory becomes more vague with the passing of time so I have to accept that the kind of details your seeking are not possible to recover.
Some things fade, along with much of the past, that's just the way life is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 pm 
Regular

Teddy, thanks for the confirmation of the Portland date. You wouldn't have any ticket stubs, adverts, flyers, etc for this gig, would you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:54 pm 
Regular

Bill, I thoroughly enjoy the detective work involved in searching out and confirming the Be Bop Deluxe dates. Based on my own research and the input of fellow Nelsonians I am sure that one day I'll get as close as possible to a definitive list of BBD shows. I am grateful that I can ask you a question now and again (like the Kiki Dee one) on this site and that you kindly take the time out to respond. And for that I am more than grateful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next