www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Northern Dreamer guide – An Introduction
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:37 pm 
Regular

Hi everyone,

Since August of 2015, we (John Fisher and Mick Winsford) have been working on a guide to Bill’s music. We were both surprised and frustrated that the most prolific musical artist in the UK did not have fully annotated discography to help make sense of his large body of work. Folks said we were crazy, but they didn't know the half of it. We embarked on this labour of love because we had an even loftier goal: to guide new, hardcore, and lapsed fans to further explore Bill's new music.

Please recognise that our project is not a Nelsonica product. We created it independently and submitted it for inclusion in the website. After looking at our guide, Bill generously granted us permission to make it available to the Dreamsville community. We have been aided immensely in our efforts by Jon Wallinger (our Mayor of Dreamsville), and Paul Gilby (the administrator of this site and owner of Sound On Sound Magazine). We do not want to fail to mention the instrumental efforts of Ian Haydock (our Man in the rexine pyjamas) as well.

Several of your peers were conscripted to advise us and contribute to our efforts:

Above and beyond the call:
Phil (wadcorp)
Jim (James Warner)
Tom (Parsongs)
Jon (The Mayor)
Jeremy (Iron Man No. 28)

Team Members:
Adam (Chimera Man)
Andy (Andy George)
Bob (BobK)
Bruce (Merikan1)
Chris (Novemberman)
Dave (sauropod)
Ian (felixt1)
John (Puzzleoyster)
Keith (Returningman)
Mike (TheMikeN)
Neill (Neill _Burgess)
Peter
Reg

The A-Z songlist was lovingly created by our Apostle form the Bronx, Benny (bronxapostle).

This guide is a never-ending work in progress. We are always making corrections, refinements, and additions. Please be kind and patient as you point out errors and omissions. We need and appreciate your input. Especially Bill - please post or send corrections as you see them, Bill. This guide is a tribute to your creative genius.

So now, more than a year and a half after we began, we are proud to finally share this project with you: Northern Dreamer - A guide to the music of Bill Nelson.

Currently the guide is in pdf format. Our goal is to integrate a version of this guide into the website as soon as we are able. In fact, we are working on that aspect as we write this intro. Until then, you will need to download the pdf.

dig in, John and Mick

ps. All Print is Propaganda!

"Download Instructions:

When you get to the landing page in the Music Salon, you'll need to right click on the link near the bottom of the page entitled "ND2017...". Then choose the option "Save link", and download the pdf to your harddrive. If you do not download the file to your harddrive first, your computer may try to use an online pdf reader, which will unfortunately render the hundreds of internal links useless.

To open the copy you saved, the best program for PC users is the free version of Adobe Reader. For Mac users, your native Preview program does the best job.

We're sorry for this inconvenience. We'll try to integrate the guide into the website as soon as we can."

Edit - the 'Guide' is currently being integrated into Bill's 'Dreamsville' website...check it out in the 'Discography' section!

Post subject: Re: The Northern Dreamer guide – An Introduction
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:46 pm 
The Citizen

This is a marvellous and gargantuan piece of work! My sincere thanks go to all those amazing and talented fans who were involved with its genesis. I'm pleased that this has finally seen the light of day and I'm hoping that it can be incorporated into the main pages of Dreamsville before too long. Meanwhile, please do download the comprehensive PDF folder and enjoy the detailed information it reveals. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
This is a marvellous and gargantuan piece of work! My sincere thanks go to all those who were involved with its genesis. I'm pleased that this has finally seen the light of day and I'm hoping that it can be incorporated into the main pages of Dreamsville before too long. Meanwhile, please do download the comprehensive PDF folder and enjoy the detailed information it reveals. :)

Thanks Bill.

We were sincere when we said that our guide is a tribute to your creative genius. Our Northern Dreamer. Thank you for providing the soundtrack to our lives.

And please help us to make it better: there are many albums that do have not have a full compliment of Bill's Thoughts. If you're reminiscing about a particular album as you look thru the guide, please post some comments as they cross your mind.

John

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 pm 
Regular

I am thrilled to see this, and want to acknowledge John and Mick for the simply stunning amount of work that went into the creation of this guide. It is a massive thing...and one created as a tribute to Bill's amazing body of work. From the moment I saw it, I knew that it would be a very valuable reference and a great tool for anyone discovering or rediscovering Bill's music.

Well done, gentlemen, well done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 pm 
Regular

Truly awesome work guys!

Well done and thank you so much

Neill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:23 pm 
Regular

What a tremendous piece of work. Fantastic job!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:31 pm 
Regular

Astonishing. Well done to all concerned.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 pm 
Regular

sean mac wrote:
Astonishing. Well done to all concerned.

Thanks guys. It has been (and continues to be) a labour of love.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:36 pm 
Regular

Are the downloads going okay? Any questions or trouble?

We look forward to the day when this is integrated into the website.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 pm 
Regular

A massive thank you and well done to all involved.

That's my reading material sorted for a few days.