www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: PLECTRONICA TICKETS - THE AFTERMATH
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:22 pm 
Regular

For next year Bill remember to whisper in my ear as well !! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:29 pm 
Regular

Location: Florida (sitting by the window, in a house at the end of time)
I'm happy for Bill that the tickets went so quickly. They should sell out at hyper-speed. I mean, after all, he's a great musician. I think we can all agree to that. That being said, I personally never had a chance to make it to the show, as much as I would have loved to. So, I know it's less frustrating for me, than for those of you who had a chance, and were looking forward to attending.
Some years ago, I thought I would never have a chance to see Bill play live, until my lovely Judy and I were able to make it to Nelsonica '10, and two years later to Nelsonica '12. After thirty something years of not having the opportunity to see Bill perform, I got the chance to see him twice in two years. So, miracles do happen.
As for this forum, I don't post often, and when I do it's not exactly riveting, insightful commentary, but I do visit daily, and consider this part of my community. I used to participate more often, but lately, it seems, I don't have enough time to do many of the things I would like to do. Maybe, unlike Bill, I'm starting to slow down a bit. :wink:
Regarding the political threads, I was intrigued when Bill starting talking politics. I've often wondered what Bill's political thoughts were, and let's admit that some things have happened in the world lately that cannot be ignored. :x
Overall, I think Dreamsville is better than ever. I used to visit Permanent Flame and Rooms With Brittle Views, but I never registered or commented. I have found Dreamsville to be much more inviting, and accepting than either of the two original sites, as good as they were.
I hope those who got tickets have a wonderful time, and I admire Bill for putting together such an event, in spite of obstacles, such as his health, for one. I say keep up the good work Bill, and I'll sit here with card in hand, once the CD is released, hoping that I can get a copy before they are gone. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:46 pm 
Regular

Well said, Alan. I had at long last decided to take the trip and missed, but will try again if there is a chance next year. In the meantime I am very happy that the venue sold out quickly and I am sure it will be a great time. I am practicing my quick draw and will try to shoot down a copy of the CD when they become available.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:32 pm 
Regular

slipperyseal wrote:
I guess Bill those talking about cliques (??) and a change in the forum..and indeed Dreamsville itself is partly due to us all become older and grumpier LOL As you say, we post on the forum..so its shape and content is greatly decided by us the fans...I also do understand a lot of unhappy folk missing out on the 1st Dec..and many guys that I even recognise as major fans seem to have missed out...I am just so glad I decided to buy my ticket right away...but like everyone I was shocked at the quick sell out...anyhow..i enjoy my visits here , love the journal..and most of all love the music..keep it up Bill.

Well slippery seal you couldn't be further off regarding me ! change and the "New" are what my life has been about .......jeezus I even design websites from the ground up and am constantly upgrading and learning so much different software ....no sitting on my arse around here I love new technology and am a camera gear software and computer nerd :lol: I welcome the changes of Dreamsville ..... now the "clique" thing happens on ALL forums ....years ago it was a certain group of fans of which I was one who posted often and talked about the music..... people then complained about those that appeared "in" and those that felt on the fringe. Its the unhealthy toxic evolution of most forums .....hence I rarely post on forums....you see the same pattern on all of them due to the nature of people and where we are at ......I have been a hyper independent person all of my life...... and now that Im older am even more aware of the idiosyncrasies ... but all this is of no point really ....Im very happy that Bill Nelson can sell out in a few hours ......I want him to succeed (in his own mind :) . I probably shouldn't have posted about visiting Aunties and old friends etc......but just like Bill I speak from my place of expression which is usually straight talk about how I "feel". This wasnt meant to guilt trip but to say ....I had more extensive plans !
ENOUGH STEVE :lol:
I sincerely hope everyone has the time of their life....
kindest regards
the invisible man 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:39 pm 
Regular

Alan wrote:
Some years ago, I thought I would never have a chance to see Bill play live, until my lovely Judy and I were able to make it to Nelsonica '10, and two years later to Nelsonica '12. After thirty something years of not having the opportunity to see Bill perform, I got the chance to see him twice in two years. So, miracles do happen.
:D

My wife and I, too, made the trip across the pond for Nelsonica 10 and that was a minor miracle seeing that I was just the year before out of a job and pretty much broke. With the previous Nelsonicas, Bill's journal entries and active participation on the forum, not to mention the incredibly vast (dare I say mind boggling) musical output it would seem that there's enough Bill to go around for everyone! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:01 pm 
Regular

james warner wrote:
It is, perhaps, because Bill's music touches people from such a broad political spectrum that when discussion turns to politics, disagreements are inevitable and can become heated. For instance, I would far rather talk to Sauropod about guitars than gun control, because we are likely to agree on much of the former and neither of us are going to change our views on the latter.

Speaking of which, I just took possession of a Fender Squier beginner's Strat. Painted as a one-off in what the seller described as a "holographic gold flake" finish. Received it yesterday. It has gold-green flakes and orange flakes behind the gold-green ones. A really super cool effect! The finish needs some work, though. Has pockmarks and the fancy flakes didn't really make it well around where the neck bolts to the body.

I've got to e-mail the seller and ask where he got the paint. I'm going to use the same color for the AR I am building. That 'SWAT Team Black' is so offputting. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

'Pod.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:27 pm 
Regular

I am sorry to see that someone called Andy has been asked to buy CDs for those not lucky enough to attend Plectronica. I think this grossly unfair on those like myself who doesn't know anyone personally that was lucky enough to get a ticket. I feel to be fair that attedees should be limited to one CD per ticket, and if I have read an earlier posting correctly, I understand that around 220 tickets have been sold. The CD is limited to 500 so allowing for Bill's private allocation there should be some 250 left. Could these be offered for sale firstly to those who wanted to attend Plectronica but were not lucky enough to get a ticket?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:57 pm 
Regular

One solution that springs to mind would be to pay upfront for individual copies of the triple cd using the SOS facility & collect your copy on arrival? That way it prevents a free for all on the night!
Of course this would only apply for ticket holders which SOS would be provided with by Ian.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:56 pm 
The Citizen

transistor radio wrote:
One solution that springs to mind would be to pay upfront for individual copies of the triple cd using the SOS facility & collect your copy on arrival? That way it prevents a free for all on the night!
Of course this would only apply for ticket holders which SOS would be provided with by Ian.

There won't be a free for all on the night as we will only be holding just enough CDs for the number of attendees. Any not bought by attendees will go back into the 'pot.'
And, on the night, it will be limited to one copy per customer, at least as far as we're physically able to police that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
And, on the night, it will be limited to one copy per customer, at least as far as we're physically able to police that.
Put a voucher on each seat before the doors open. (Or give them out when checking tickets.) One voucher to be handed over for each album bought.

Or have a list of ticket numbers at the stall. Person shows ticket, number is crossed off list, hands over cash, receives album.

(I now declare the Auditoria Futures & Options Market open :lol: )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next