www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: PLECTRONICA TICKETS - THE AFTERMATH
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:21 pm 
Regular

andygeorge wrote:
Erm, I’ve already had requests by 2 Dreamsville regulars who missed out on tickets to purchase a CD for them, which I would gladly do....hope I CAN buy more than one :shock: ...be a shame if they missed out twice!!

Andy

I think thats a very generous gesture Andy .....but what about those of us who arent part of the cliques on this forum? I was planning a whole trip to England to see 90 year old aunties in Yorkshire (Leeds/Hunslet) etc then head south to St Ives my old stomping ground to see people who have been friends for over 40 years ..... I was suprised to see the tickets sell so quickly ....Im usually on the ball with these things and seeing that this website gets so little traffic these days other than talking about trump ..... am disillusioned about the site in general. (lose the forums !) .But as some already said (Major Snagg I believe) the decision was made for me and I actually felt the relief of not having to spend several thousand dollars on being in England in late Nov/Dec (not my favourite time) I can put the money into my own creative work. As far as the Auditoria album well thats going to be as it always is ....get it or miss out ..... I have yet to miss a a release in 45 years .....so this could be the one ! All those that are attending I hope have a grand day out ....... I prefer England in the Spring and Autumn :)
cheers
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:32 pm 
Regular

Puzzleoyster wrote:
james warner wrote:
I have my ticket, but half the regular southern crew who come up together by car have missed the boat.

James
Are you saying No

Glynn
Peter
Paul

One of the good reasons for starting this thread to see if some of the ''Seasoned'' Dreamers were on board!

:shock:

As things stand, I believe it's just me and Jeremy out of the Famous Five that have tickets. I know Peter hasn't got one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:34 pm 
Regular

andygeorge wrote:
Erm, I’ve already had requests by 2 Dreamsville regulars who missed out on tickets to purchase a CD for them, which I would gladly do....hope I CAN buy more than one :shock: ...be a shame if they missed out twice!!Andy
I hope you can, too, cos you are a regular and seem a decent guy who won't abuse the system.

But, on the flip side of the coin, there are others - including at least one who appears to be a member here - who flog Bill's CDs on eBay for ludicrous prices. They must be salivating at this prospect.

Hence my suggestion that each attendee should be guaranteed the option of buying one.

Now, how many copies each attendee should be allowed to buy... that's a different question!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:55 pm 
Regular

Perfect Monster wrote:
andygeorge wrote:
Erm, I’ve already had requests by 2 Dreamsville regulars who missed out on tickets to purchase a CD for them, which I would gladly do....hope I CAN buy more than one :shock: ...be a shame if they missed out twice!!Andy
I hope you can, too, cos you are a regular and seem a decent guy who won't abuse the system.

But, on the flip side of the coin, there are others - including at least one who appears to be a member here - who flog Bill's CDs on eBay for ludicrous prices. They must be salivating at this prospect.

Hence my suggestion that each attendee should be guaranteed the option of buying one.

Now, how many copies each attendee should be allowed to buy... that's a different question!

Up the Ante to 750 ''a la Plectrajet'', but it's the production and upfront costs you have to consider although advance sales would clear that up NO PROBLEM!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:17 pm 
Regular

Perfect Monster wrote:
andygeorge wrote:

Thanks for the compliment PM...I certainly never have ‘abused’ the system, I just like to help out fellow Nelsonians. If it’s only 1 per person then so be it, at least I tried...

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:46 pm 
The Citizen

I'm personally unhappy that some regulars missed out on the tickets. That certainly wasn't the intention of anyone connected with organising the event, me included. But, as I've said previously, the rapid sell out came as a shock to everyone involved and certainly couldn't have been predicted. Tickets normally take a few months to go, and even then never completely sell out.
Clearly some people kept their eyes open and had their fingers on the button as soon as the announcement was made. They must have been very keen to get off the mark so quickly.

I actually intended to hold off announcing the ticket availability on Facebook until the day after the Dreamsville announcement was made, but someone had spotted it on Dreamsville and posted on FB that tickets had gone on sale, so that forced me to make the official announcement on FB too.

Unfortunately, it's what it is and I have to accept that the venue can only seat so many and no more. We did our very best to get one or two extra rows of seats in place but the venue said that would be impossible as it is illegal to exceed fire regulation limits...and we're bang up against those I'm afraid.

None of this makes me feel good. All I can say is that, if at all possible, health permitting, I'll put another performance in place next year and only whisper news of it in the ears of those who missed the boat this time. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 pm 
Regular

steve lyles wrote:
But as some already said (Major Snagg I believe) the decision was made for me and I actually felt the relief of not having to spend several thousand dollars on being in England in late Nov/Dec (not my favourite time) I can put the money into my own creative work.

I for one am very sorry you missed out, Steve. And I miss your contributions to this site. Sorry you are disillusioned with it.

Trust you are doing well, otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm 
Regular

I’m sad to say that I missed the announcement and didn’t get tickets.

Thought.

Gear set up, band rehearsed, lots of people who don’t have tickets want to see Bill and some with tickets would love to see him again.

How about a second night?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:31 pm 
The Citizen

wadcorp wrote:
I for one am very sorry you missed out, Steve. And I miss your contributions to this site. Sorry you are disillusioned with it.

Hmm...I don't see why anyone should feel disillusioned with this site, that's irrational....it's absolutely no fault of the site whatsoever, particularly as to why tickets sold out so quickly.

This is very frustrating, personally. As I've said previously, the rapid sell out was totally unforeseen. We here did everything possible to make the maximum tickets available. Those that didn't, for whatever reason, take time to book their tickets is no fault of this site or anyone connected with it. No blame to apply at all. The tickets were advertised and everyone had a fair chance to secure one. It's just that some people got there more quicker than others, that's all...and that's life.

I'm feeling like I'm being unfairly blamed for this when it's not anything to do with me whatsoever...Truth is, those that got there first got their tickets. There are no special privileges in this respect, it's simply first come, first served. As I said before, I'm not particularly happy that some loyal fans have missed out, but what am I supposed do when the reality is I can do very little?..
Come on, give me a break. All I'm concerned with is the artistic content of the event. Everything else is peripheral.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
wadcorp wrote:

Hmm...I don't see why anyone should feel disillusioned with this site, that's irrational....it's absolutely no fault of the site whatsoever, particularly as to why tickets sold out so quickly.

As I've said previously, the rapid sell out was totally unforeseen. We here did everything possible to make the maximum tickets available. Those that didn't, for whatever reason, take time to book their tickets is no fault of this site or anyone connected with it. No blame to apply at all. The tickets were advertised and everyone had a fair chance to secure one. It's just that some people got there quicker than others, that's all...and that is life.

I'm feeling like I'm being unfairly blamed for this when it's not anything to do with me whatsoever...Truth is, those that got there first got their tickets. There are no special privileges in this respect, it's simply first come, first served, like real life. As I said, I'm not particularly happy that some loyal fans have missed out, but what am I supposed do?..

..No,no Bill...I don’t think Steve or anybody else is blaming you for selling out so quick..goodness me! :shock:

I think he is just saying in general, Dreamsville has lost a little bit of its magic recently ....not like it used to be... :|
We all know how much work you and the rest of the team put in to do these events and it is much appreciated by all.....very difficult to please everyone, I know.

Thanks Bill!

Andy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next