www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Approaches
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:27 pm 
Regular

Sunday morning (mourning), a few days after the American midterms, etc. (inclusive streaming)

Recently Bill has posted comments on his old and new songs – a topic he has addressed several times.
I recently took two concert versions of Golden Earring’s Radar Love and combined them – massive sound to say the least.
Also, I recently got a toy car that plays two snippets of Radar Love. I applied the gold package to its trim. I also created a top decal, based on Golden Earring’s current T-shirt offering celebrating the 45th anniversary of Radar Love.

I’ve decided to create a display piece including the car and the cd The Continuing Story of Radar Love – which is playing as I type.

I’m musing over Golden Earrings approach to their catalog of songs, apparently embracing the “fans want for classis tunes” via the title (concept) of the cd - that while they may be remembered for the song Radar Love – they are in fact The Continuing Story of Radar Love (developments of the opportunities that Radar Love has afforded them).

Like Bill, they have an incredible catalog of songs, many of which I find just as “important” as Radar Love. I’m musing over the idea, that by embracing their “stellar” song(s), especially the ones they present in concert, they may well be informed in such a way that continues to inspire the creation of additional master works. Golden Earring has chosen to continue live performances as a staple of their musical career.

No conclusions, just musing over Bill’s and Golden Earring’s approach to their catalog of songs. The difference in this musing seems to be one-off performances in jux to many live performances. Both work for their respective practitioners.

:|