Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: PLECTRONICA--ATTENDEE'S COMMENTS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:53 pm 
Regular

Perfect Monster wrote:
The Mad Scouser wrote:
... the pleasure everyone felt when it was announced how much the guitar raffle had raised for Ged and the Sarah's Hope foundation.
Go on then - how much?

And did anyone we know get the guitar?

I think the total was just over £2000 raised for Sarah's Hope :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:14 pm 
Regular

Tremendous performance Bill and we all greatly appreciate what lengths everybody went to in putting this together once again.

...and to John upstairs!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:44 pm 
Regular

I was watching remotely and have to say that the sound and vision was amazing even through an I Pad.
I thought Bills checked trousers were amazing also (Just thought Id get that in there Bill)
My jaw hit the floor when they announced that Harold Budd was to take the stage. Unreal !

And of course, Ian, you should have been a stand up comedian.
Hopefully, I will be at the show next year in person.

Al.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:55 pm 
Regular

andygeorge wrote:

As always, meeting up with old friends again was magical and I can only thank them all for their wonderful company...as well as some new friends I met who took the time to say hello...Thanks!
To me, the Nelsonian Family that I have met over the years are just the most warm, generous and genuine people you could meet..a special mention to all Americans that made the trip over..Peter Coulombe, Stephen Weis, Eric Daum, Dave (Sauropod), John Fisher and those I’ve missed...

So cheers Bill for making all this possible, I wish you a very happy birthday, enjoy your new guitar when it arrives in January and look forward to doing it all again next year!

If it happens, I won't miss it! 8) 8) 8)

Great to see you and Kalis again Andy.

Special thanks to Ian Haydock and Jon Wallinger for doing such a superb job managing the event. :!: Lots goes into that.

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:41 am 
Regular

I am so thrilled that I was finally able to make one of these events after years of pining away looking at photos of all the fun and scrambling to order the special cds before they were sold out. Bill was spectacular, it has been nearly 40 years since I last heard him in New York, but as Gloria Mundae began, and the soaring notes of the ebow engulfed us in their luxurious velvety swoon, I teared up. It was profoundly emotional. Thanks to so many for making me feel welcome. I hope there will be more events in the future and that I may have the opportunity to tell the great man to his face how much his music and his conviction have meant to me through the years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:40 am 
Regular

Had to leave straight after the performance, but what a show it was. Bill's playing was awesome and - as always - I really loved the stuff with messers Sturt and Travis. Hopefully some of this will be available to purchase. Also a great thrill to see Harold Budd, so happy he made it over for your big birthday bash, Bill!

Many thanks to all who put in such an effort - it was well worth it and is really appreciated!

Neill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:01 am 
Regular

Looking good Bill! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:32 am 
Regular

Fantastic night, seeing old and new friends! Bill and gang were truly amazing too wow! Thanks guys 8) :lol: :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 am 
Regular

EERO wrote:
I am so thrilled that I was finally able to make one of these events after years of pining away looking at photos of all the fun and scrambling to order the special cds before they were sold out. Bill was spectacular, it has been nearly 40 years since I last heard him in New York, but as Gloria Mundae began, and the soaring notes of the ebow engulfed us in their luxurious velvety swoon, I teared up. It was profoundly emotional. Thanks to so many for making me feel welcome. I hope there will be more events in the future and that I may have the opportunity to tell the great man to his face how much his music and his conviction have meant to me through the years.

Wow fantastic. And may I say, over 45 years down the road, I had the same emotions seeing the show streaming. Tears of joy, wonderful feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:05 pm 
Regular

Alan Cawthorne wrote:
I was watching remotely and have to say that the sound and vision was amazing even through an I Pad.
I thought Bills checked trousers were amazing also (Just thought Id get that in there Bill)
My jaw hit the floor when they announced that Harold Budd was to take the stage. Unreal !

And of course, Ian, you should have been a stand up comedian.
Hopefully, I will be at the show next year in person.

Al.

You were much missed dude! I had to let Peter Cook christen the guitar :lol: (Linda and I won the BN decorated guitar! :shock: )

I can only echo what others have said. It was a splendid event. Bill's playing was superb. Theo and Dave were excellent as always. It was impressive to see Harold Budd there but I can't honestly say that I heard him. In truth, he looked a bit lost.

The thing that makes these events so wonderful is the people of Dreamsville. You are a loverly bunch. It was a pleasure to eat, drink and chat with you. We look forward to seeing you again next year :wink: