www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Auditoria - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:04 am 

SOLD OUT.

Sorry for those who missed this album but it sold out in the fastest time ever !
The SOS Shop sold all 325 remaining stock in a matter of hours.

Please bear with us for the next week or two whilst our busy mail order staff start processing your order and dispatching the CD.

NOTE. If you received a confirmation of order email from the SOS shop you have a CD reserved. Don't worry if it takes a while for us to send it, it’s on a shelf with your name on it!

Please do not telephone SOS and ask if there are any spare copies. Sorry, there are none.

Post subject: Re: Auditoria - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:33 pm 
Regular

WHAT ??????? First the concert sold out on me, and now I missed the CD !!!!

I'm going for a record.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:48 pm 
Regular

Wow. Blink, not think, and you'll miss it! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:21 pm 
Regular

Well. I’m right pi***d off! I missed Plectronica now I've missed the CD. I've got to say I don't think this is very fair. I will say this and if I get myself in to trouble, so be it. Surely advance notice of the CD going on sale should have been given, then those who were not lucky enough to get a ticket for Plectronica could have at least had an attempt at buying the CD on a predetermined future date. I knew nothing of it going on sale until just 20 minutes ago; 15:20, 04-Dec-2018. I did not sign on to my computer last night as I had been at work all day on a PC and the last thing I wanted to do was go on a PC again. I therefore did not know it was offered for sale with no advance warning yesterday.I think the whole episode has been a disaster. I know it is first come first served but I don't spend my whole day attached to a device with email on which would have allowed me to be at the head of the queue. Very unfair!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm 
Regular

Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:
Well. I’m right pi***d off! I missed Plectronica now I've missed the CD. I've got to say I don't think this is very fair. I will say this and if I get myself in to trouble, so be it. Surely advance notice of the CD going on sale should have been given, then those who were not lucky enough to get a ticket for Plectronica could have at least had an attempt at buying the CD on a predetermined future date. I knew nothing of it going on sale until just 20 minutes ago; 15:20, 04-Dec-2018. I did not sign on to my computer last night as I had been at work all day on a PC and the last thing I wanted to do was go on a PC again. I therefore did not know it was offered for sale with no advance warning yesterday.I think the whole episode has been a disaster. I know it is first come first served but I don't spend my whole day attached to a device with email on which would have allowed me to be at the head of the queue. Very unfair!

Sorry to hear this and I'm sure you won't be the only one disappointed. I am really lucky to have probably got one of the last ones and it was really frustrating having checkout issues. I wish I knew the answer to this - understandably Bill doesn't want to have copies left on the shelves, yet most of Bill's music has been selling out really quick. I know all this has been debated before - the only thing (and this has been mentioned before) I can think of is some sort of Kickstarter thing where people fund it beforehand and no one can lose out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:20 pm 
Regular

The availability of enough copies to go round came up before the event and it was all going to be fine? Haaaa!
The first CD ive missed in over 15 years!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm 
Regular

I think some of the comments above are very unfair.

For years Bill has been struggling to sell 500 copies of physical albums. Whenever he's produced more they've sat on shelves costing him money. Take a look in the SOS shop. Some sixteen CD's not yet sold out even on lower print runs. No wonder he's nervous about doing more copies.

For whatever reason, the world has woken up to how talented he is in the last 18 months or so and gig tickets and CD's have flow out. BUT, he has usually released the download of those albums fairly soon after, so it's not like the opportunity to hear the music has gone forever. He even got the Plectronica gig streamed live (and available for re-watching till end of this month). Something I think he was very nervous about reading his comments on the journal, but which worked magnificently.

Give the man (and SOS) a break. This is a cottage industry not EMI.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 pm 
Regular

Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:

Whenever there's a new release by Bill, I get sent an automated email notifying me of it. I got this at 5pm on 3rd December:

----------------

The following is an e-mail sent to you by an administrator of "www.billnelson.com". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

info@nelsonica.com

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bill's latest BRAND NEW album, the 3CD set AUDITORIA
is now available to buy from the Dreamsville Store!

Auditoria is a triple album of vocal pieces and instrumental tracks issued
on the Sonoluxe label in a limited edition of 500 copies. The album was
recorded between February and August 2018, and was especially created to
tie in with Bill's 70th birthday event, "Plectronica – Bill Nelson at 70,"
staged at Leeds University Clothworker's Hall on 1 December 2018.

Please don't delay, as these albums were first sold at the 'Plectronica'
event, there are only approximately 300 remaining, so they are expected to
sell out fairly quickly!

Check out the album page at Dreamsville for all the details...
https://www.billnelson.com/auditoria

---------------------

10 minutes later my order went through.

I think you need to edit your preferences in this forum; it needs "Administrators can e-mail me information" checked. I sometimes get these emails on my phone when I'm on holiday but it doesn't need constant monitoring or a PC; just some fiddly screen presses to place an order when I do spot what has come through.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 pm 
Regular

so, as mentioned above, I missed Plectronica (in person) and I missed the CD. A bummer but not the end of the world ! As Zebra P says, it will go on sale on Bandcamp no doubt at some point. I am very glad in a way that it sold out so fast. That's good for the artist.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 pm 
Regular

Whenever there's a new release by Bill, I get sent an automated email notifying me of it. I got this at 5pm on 3rd December:

----------------

I got the very same on 3rd dec at 19:37
GMail servers threw the important mail into my SPAM Folder
I Just found it after reading your post! 4th Dec 18:30 :shock: