www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Auditoria - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 pm 
Regular

JohnR wrote:
Whenever there's a new release by Bill, I get sent an automated email notifying me of it. I got this at 5pm on 3rd December:

Same here, I received an email alert at 6.32pm yesterday.

It's always the same, every year, no matter what event Bill puts on or new releases go on sale, there are always people moaning 'how unfair' they have been 'treated'..almost like they have been hard done by.....Goodness me, and no disrespect, but get a grip. It's simple, there are a limited number of tickets or albums, first come, first served..simple as that...don't get one?, that's how it goes, better luck next time...or would you prefer Bill only sold 50% to ensure those that didn't get, got!?...everyone knew Auditoria would be on sale to the general public shortly after the Plectronica event, so log in to Bill's site regularly to look for updates and check your emails...If you don't do that, then I have little sympathy..and please don't blame Bill or crew or SOS..that's just not fair...Bill, it seems, is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, no matter how much he gives his fans.

Simple, when you know something is imminent, keep your eyes peeled, check emails, look on site for regular updates and give yourself a chance...even then, you may be unlucky, that's the luck of the draw...take it on the chin, accept it with good grace, remember just how much Bill (and support crew) put into things and better luck next time...grown men moaning like school kids isn't pretty...Give Bill a break.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 pm 
Regular

Tourist in Wonderland wrote:
JohnR wrote:
Whenever there's a new release by Bill, I get sent an automated email notifying me of it. I got this at 5pm on 3rd December:

It's always the same, every year, no matter what event Bill puts on or new releases go on sale, there are always people moaning 'how unfair' they have been 'treated'..almost like they have been hard done by.....Goodness me, and no disrespect, but get a grip. It's simple, there are a limited number of tickets or albums, first come, first served..simple as that...don't get one?, that's how it goes, better luck next time...or would you prefer Bill only sold 50% to ensure those that didn't get, got!?...everyone knew Auditoria would be on sale to the general public shortly after the Plectronica event, so log in to Bill's site regularly to look for updates and check your emails...If you don't do that, then I have little sympathy..and please don't blame Bill or crew or SOS..that's just not fair...Bill, it seems, is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, no matter how much he gives his fans.

Simple, when you know something is imminent, keep your eyes peeled, check emails, look on site for regular updates and give yourself a chance...even then, you may be unlucky, that's the luck of the draw...take it on the chin, accept it with good grace, remember just how much Bill (and support crew) put into things and better luck next time...grown men moaning like school kids isn't pretty...Give Bill a break.

Er - you've quoted me then told me to get a grip unless you actually mean the person that I quoted and who has has been missed off here. I was pointing out to the poster I quoted that the answer to their problem was in their own hands. The notification emails work and mean that I haven't missed a release in years. I've got my copy of Auditoria ordered.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:13 am 
Regular

JohnR wrote:
Tourist in Wonderland wrote:
JohnR wrote:

Er - you've quoted me then told me to get a grip unless you actually mean the person that I quoted and who has has been missed off here. I was pointing out to the poster I quoted that the answer to their problem was in their own hands. The notification emails work and mean that I haven't missed a release in years. I've got my copy of Auditoria ordered.

I quoted you to highlight I agreed with what you said and used that portion of your quote to reinforce what I was about to say, which was my very first sentence..It's fairly obvious in my post whom I was telling to get a grip (which wasn't you, for clarification).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:44 am 
Regular

Missing the mark happened to me with New Northern Dreamer (still only have the download - tough for a person who loves the physical cd :( ).

I did not receive, and still have not received, an email regarding Auditoria; and I've been a Dreamsville "cit" for a number of years :? .

What I learned from the New Northern Dreamer experience is that once its mentioned in the mayor's section of the forum (imminent release), you'd better keep checking both the store and SOS regularly if you want a good chance of obtaining a copy. Devotion, Dedication, Fanaticism - who knows, who can say, but sometimes that's what it takes - LOL!

Even though it's usually a couple of days after a live event before the "additional/leftover" cds go on sale, my inner voice told me to check on Monday. All morning I kept checking, and finally it showed up (around lunchtime USA time) in the SOS store (before it appeared in the Dreamsville Store), though it was listed second, not at the top of the list; luckily I looked twice.

My vigilance and attention to my inner voice paid off!

Offered for future releases of Bill's music.

Good Luck to all Nelsonians!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 am 
Regular

My only question...Were the names of the people who purchased tickets for Plectronica entered into the SOS database (if a history of the names of the people who purchase Bill's music is kept), so that they could not purchase a second copy? I know from experience that once you've purchased a copy from SOS you cannot purchase a second copy. I found that out when I attempted to purchase a second copy of Stereo Star Maps for a friend who created a program that allows astronomers to view "stereo" in jux to "mono" views of the stars - this occurred around the time of the release of Stereo Star Maps - Magnifique coincidence, sans doubt!

Don't know, if it is possible, or if the above idea would be fair, as I noted some ticket holders had to cancel at the last moment.
Will these unfortunates get cds or will they be forfeited since they missed picking them up at the event?
If forfeited and in the database (if it exists) they would be excluded at a chance to purchase a copy.

Oh, for the day when inclusive reality (that covers all possibilities) is a reality!

Again, Good Luck Dreamsville Cits!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 am 
Regular

I think the problem was that Auditoria was put up for sale early Monday evening, outside business hours. I checked Monday morning around 11ish and then again at 11 oclock on Tuesday. By this time the CD was sold out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 am 
Regular

Outside UK business hours.

SoS have in the past released albums in UK evening time to give American fans a better chance to buy them. Obviously, I don't know if that was the plan here.

With all the advance publicity, it should be no surprise that the album sold out so quickly, just as the event did.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:57 am 
New in Town

So disappointed. I contacted SOS at 9:30am (GMT) yesterday morning and they were already sold out. It's my fault, too slow.

Regards,
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:04 pm 
Regular

SOS put the album on sale around 6pm UK time on Monday evening to give US fans a chance to buy.
And, that's when most UK fans are in the forum or reading email.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:51 pm 
Regular

Well. I thought my posting on the forum might evoke a response. However, I object to Tourist in Wonderland! Does he/she think he/she is my schoolteacher?
He/she says:
"so log in to Bill's site regularly to look for updates and check your emails...If you don't do that, then I have little sympathy..and please don't blame Bill or crew or SOS..that's just not fair...Bill, it seems, is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, no matter how much he gives his fans.

Simple, when you know something is imminent, keep your eyes peeled, check emails, look on site for regular updates and give yourself a chance...even then, you may be unlucky, that's the luck of the draw...take it on the chin, accept it with good grace, remember just how much Bill (and support crew) put into things and better luck next time...grown men moaning like school kids isn't pretty...Give Bill a break".

I don’t walk around all day with a device capable of receiving email. I check my email regularly on my PC at work if time allows, or at home on the night, but regularly doesn’t mean every day. So, it was bad luck that circumstances construed that I missed the notification on Monday evening. Yes, it’s tough. But my point is that, (as I pointed out earlier in the year when I missed out on Plectronica tickets), that for people such as myself who DON’T suffer with ‘Nomophobia’ and are not constantly connected to the World Wide Web; wouldn’t it be a good idea to give advance notice of the sale of tickets or the sale of a new CD, so that on a log-in to my email I get a notification of a future sale date, so that I have notice and can be poised to at least try to get a ticket or CD. Aren’t most CDs or gigs nowadays given advance notice of release/date?
Give your head a wobble Tourist in Wonderland.
Also, John R. Thanks for your constructive comment. I do have my settings as you say. The problem was as I said, that I am not permanently connected to my email.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next