www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Auditoria - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 pm 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
I didn’t buy a ticket to the show...I was just too later after I struggled with whether I really could afford £70. Well, I missed out due to my dithering. I also did the same with the price of Auditoria. £35 can buy me 3 separate albums that I would maybe prefer...after all, I’ve a huge collection of Bill’s CDs already. I can’t imagine that the music on Auditoria is radically different to what’s been released quite recently. Some of those are not immediate ‘classics’. in any case..Ghosts was slightly disappointing in places....this is my opinion before you shoot me down in flames... most of you will disagree I know. So, don’t worry, you’ll get over it. I already have.
I am a Bill Nelson fan...but I buy music by other musicians. Sometimes Bill is cursed by not having the backing of a record label who would make more CDs available...or maybe they would conversely have said that releasing a triple CD set wasn’t a very wise move. All goes to say that you can’t win ‘em all.

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:17 pm 
Bar Manager

Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:

wouldn’t it be a good idea to give advance notice of the sale of tickets or the sale of a new CD, so that on a log-in to my email I get a notification of a future sale date, so that I have notice and can be poised to at least try to get a ticket or CD. Aren’t most CDs or gigs nowadays given advance notice of release/date?

If you check Bills journal, he says it exactly how it is!
https://www.billnelson.com/journal/the- ... nce-artist

Explaining that the CDs will go on sale to the public, a couple of days after the event!!!

If you have signed up to the Dreamsville notifications, you will get the news FIRST as this is the priority notification service I use, I have been recommending subscribing to this for over a year now!
I DO still send the forum notifications, but they are always AFTER the official Dreamsville website email.

Not sure what else we can do??? How about you leave me your phone number and I’ll give you a call In future to let you know!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:24 pm 
Regular

Tourist in Wonderland wrote:
JohnR wrote:
Whenever there's a new release by Bill, I get sent an automated email notifying me of it. I got this at 5pm on 3rd December:

Same here, I received an email alert at 6.32pm yesterday.

It's always the same, every year, no matter what event Bill puts on or new releases go on sale, there are always people moaning 'how unfair' they have been 'treated'..almost like they have been hard done by.....Goodness me, and no disrespect, but get a grip. It's simple, there are a limited number of tickets or albums, first come, first served..simple as that...don't get one?, that's how it goes, better luck next time...or would you prefer Bill only sold 50% to ensure those that didn't get, got!?...everyone knew Auditoria would be on sale to the general public shortly after the Plectronica event, so log in to Bill's site regularly to look for updates and check your emails...If you don't do that, then I have little sympathy..and please don't blame Bill or crew or SOS..that's just not fair...Bill, it seems, is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, no matter how much he gives his fans.

Simple, when you know something is imminent, keep your eyes peeled, check emails, look on site for regular updates and give yourself a chance...even then, you may be unlucky, that's the luck of the draw...take it on the chin, accept it with good grace, remember just how much Bill (and support crew) put into things and better luck next time...grown men moaning like school kids isn't pretty...Give Bill a break.

Thanks TIW.
Basically what your saying is tough shit to the people who have been buying Bills CD's for 15 years or more and your comment about grown men was nothing short of condescending.
Maybe a "Set Aside" for regular buyers would be a good idea with a simple E-Mail on release day asking whether you wanted to buy or not. You have 2 days to reply.
And finally a message to Mike, the guy whos selling not one but TWO signed copies of Auditoria on EBAY...... Go stuff your offer of letting me have "first dibs" on the second copy!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 pm 
Regular

Well. I’m right pi***d off! I missed Plectronica now I've missed the CD

So have lots of other people no doubt.

I've got to say I don't think this is very fair.[/quote]
For the general public that didn't attend Plectronica, it was a level playing field

[quote="Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:
Surely advance notice of the CD going on sale should have been given

It was...on the 3rd Dec. around 6.00pm UK time.

then those who were not lucky enough to get a ticket for Plectronica could have at least had an attempt at buying the CD

They had.

I knew nothing of it going on sale until just 20 minutes ago; 15:20, 04-Dec-2018.

Well, all forum members were aware of the albums imminent release and on the strength of just how quickly all Bill related stuff has been selling out recently, you have to check your emails and look for forum updates, to avoid disappointment..or at least give yourself a chance.

I did not sign on to my computer last night as I had been at work all day on a PC and the last thing I wanted to do was go on a PC again.

There you go...…….2 mins to check email and forum?

I therefore did not know it was offered for sale with no advance warning yesterday.

Well there was advanced warning and you would have known if you had checked.

I think the whole episode has been a disaster. I know it is first come first served but I don't spend my whole day attached to a device with email on which would have allowed me to be at the head of the queue.

Well, as I said, if you had checked for relevant updates, you would have at least given yourself a chance of having a go for one of the CDs..so really, the 'disaster' side of things is pretty much down to you, especially as you wanted to be at "the head of the queue"

Very unfair!

Absolutely not....what is unfair is trying to unload this onto Bill Nelson/team/SOS, like they are to blame for something..ecpecially considering just how much they put into events and CD releases etc and just how much personal contact and inclusion we get from Bill and team....That was the whole point of my post, it's a level playing field, same for everyone, you win some, you loose some...Do you think if you had checked your emails and looked here, the night you say you chose not to, i.e. the 3rd December, you would have been aware the CD was coming up for sale and you would have had a chance of securing one?

And to clarify, my post was not meant with malice or disrespect, as I mentioned, but every time Bill holds a live event and special CD release, everytime, there is always some kind of backlash,
disgruntled and negative people moaning they have been hard done by...but that just simply insn't the case...Bill alway puts in that extra mile, big time, and we all get a great deal and personal interaction..lucky fans indeed..what more can they do!?....Like I said, when you're after a limited edition of anything, it's the luck of the draw and fair for everyone..winners and loosers....but, you'd better keep you eyes open, if you want to be in with a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:33 pm 
Regular

I object to Tourist in Wonderland! Does he/she think he/she is my schoolteacher?

No, I don't think I'm your school teacher, or anything, come to that...but it's not rocket science, is it?.. :lol: ….see above points :)

..and he/she, is a he.....or, Sir, if you prefer?.. :lol: :wink:

I check my email regularly on my PC at work if time allows, or at home on the night

Not regularly enough, it would appear.

Aren’t most CDs or gigs nowadays given advance notice of release/date?

We were given advanced notification of both...and every member here will be aware that sale of remaining Nelsonica (and Plectronica) CDs go on sale to the general public very shortly after the actual event, therefore, notification given, backed up by PM email alert and forum notification from the Mayor..so, I don't get your point.

Give your head a wobble Tourist in Wonderland.

My head's fine thanks, I didn't give it a wobble, but I did give it a little shake while reading your post.. :lol:

Oh, and since you enquired about my sex, I was wondering about you...He/she??
...well, I'm just guessing, but seeing as you are called Tiffany...a she?...from Hull?.... :mrgreen:

Nevermind Tiffany Hull, you'll be able to get the Bandkamp release, so all is not lost.. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:00 pm 
Regular

Colourbox wrote:
Thanks TIW.
Basically what your saying is tough shit to the people who have been buying Bills CD's for 15 years or more

That's absolutely not what I was saying...The point I was trying to make is that the process of getting hold of the 'Auditoria' CD (or any Bill Nelson CD), i.e. buying it, or trying to buy it, was/is a fair process for everyone...some got lucky and some didn't, especially when Bill's selling stuff at a much faster rate these days...if you're one of those that didn't, not you personally but everyone that didn't, then that's just the luck of the draw...I'm sure there will be many disappointed not to get one of the remaining CDs, but it is the same for everyone...so what's the point of sour grapes about it?

Colourbox wrote:
and your comment about grown men was nothing short of condescending.

Not at all....It happens every time, every year, every time Bill hols an event, no matter what he does, how much he and the team put into it, how much we are personally kept in the loop, there are always a number of disgruntled forum members voicing disapproval about something or the other, or about how hard they have been done by and why they should have had this or got that, or something of the like..general sour-grapes, no matter what we actually do get...yes, sometimes we are unlucky, but that's life!..we all get that sometimes...So it wasn't condescending, it was merely a reflection of what generally happens every year, by some forum members...and it just gets on my tits that every year the will be some queue of moaners....like I said, give Bill and team a break, what else could we expect?, what more could an artist possibly give us, especially considering Bill's recent health issues...that's the point I was making and an accurate one it is too, imo.

And remember Colourbox, it will eventually be released as a digital download, one would think, so all not lost, surely.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 pm 
Regular

So no thoughts on the money grabbing bastard who's selling TWO copies on EBay. Thats the person you should be having a go at

Quote:
I'll list a second autographed copy of Auditoria at a lower price once this one's sold and I'll let you know just before I list it so you can have first dibs. Mike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 am 
Regular

Colourbox wrote:
So no thoughts on the money grabbing bastard who's selling TWO copies on EBay. Thats the person you should be having a go at

Well, firstly, I wasn't "having a go" at anyone. I was merely reflecting a personal observation, one that's valid and accurate imo and seems to repeat itself each year (without going through all my points again), and saying, give Bill and team a break, because at the end of the day, as Bill Nelson fans, we all have an equal chance (finances permitting) of going to his events, buying his CDs, event CDs etc...You're either lucky, or you're not..some you win and all of that...if you loose, be gracious about it...in my eyes, no one is more deserving of this new CD, than anyone else....expressing disappointment, fair enough....moaning and saying it's unfair or biased or they have been hard done by or similar, really isn't true, and helps no one, especially Bill Nelson.

Secondly, re the person who is allegedly selling two copies of the new CD on ebay, I wouldn't know, as I haven't looked....But, if someone has attended with their partner, for example, with the sole intention of buying the Auditoria CDs, then immediately putting them up for sale on ebay at a stupidly inflated price, then I would think that didn't smell very nice at all and one could only take the view this person was profiteering..not nice at all, when the CD would be much more deserving in the hands of a genuine fan...however, individual attendees can't be monitored on motivation as to why they want the CD, are they genuine or not, or are they unscrupulous profiteers in the guise of fans?..how would any of the 'staff' know?....unfortunately, this type of thing will always happen, but one would presume it's a very low percentage of attendee that would pursue such a course.

It can also be argued that once they have legitimately bought the items, then it is their property to do exactly what they want with it, regarding selling, and that indeed is true...however it's fairly obvious that the person who has done this is not a true Bill Nelson fan, but is indeed a profiteer, who attended the event with the sole intention of putting a nice profit in his and/or her back pocket..not nice....but that type of thing can't really be policed, they could be totally anonymous to any DV forum members, masquerading as BN fans....but like I say, I would hazard a guess that the percentage for that type of activity is really quite low, hopefully...I would also hazard a guess that the vast majority of people attending were genuine and massive Bill Nelson fans just happy to be there and see him perform his magic. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 pm 
Regular

Absolutely not....what is unfair is trying to unload this onto Bill Nelson/team/SOS, like they are to blame for something… especially considering just how much they put into events and CD releases etc and just how much personal contact and inclusion we get from Bill and team… That was the whole point of my post, it's a level playing field, same for everyone, you win some, you loose some…

This.

In spades.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:54 pm 
Regular

wadcorp wrote:
Absolutely not....what is unfair is trying to unload this onto Bill Nelson/team/SOS, like they are to blame for something… especially considering just how much they put into events and CD releases etc and just how much personal contact and inclusion we get from Bill and team… That was the whole point of my post, it's a level playing field, same for everyone, you win some, you loose some…

This.

In spades.

Thank you for that insightful and articulate addition Wadcorp :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next