www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Auditoria - Digital Download available NOW!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:43 pm 
Bar Manager

Due to the huge demand for the latest album 'Auditoria', and the fact that it sold out in record time...Bill has now made it available as a Digital Download on his bandcamp site...

Head over to the discography on Dreamsville for further album details!

Post subject: Re: Auditoria - Digital Download available NOW!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:44 pm 
Regular

May we download from Bandcamp if we purchased CD from the SoundOnSound Store :?:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 am 
Regular

JMH wrote:
May we download from Bandcamp if we purchased CD from the SoundOnSound Store

If you have the CD, try not to download as Bandcamp is almost sold out of their copies! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am 
Regular

wadcorp wrote:
JMH wrote:
May we download from Bandcamp if we purchased CD from the SoundOnSound Store
If you have the CD, try not to download as Bandcamp is almost sold out of their copies! :lol:
Yay! My download is signed by Bill!! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
I've listened to all the tracks that are there on the 'store' page. If these are some of the best tracks from the whole 3 CDs, then I think I'll pass over on this release. There doesn't appear to be anything here that really grabs me on any of those 12 tracks. As soon as I hear the old voice samples, I feel a big sigh welling up...not in a good way either. I really don't like them. The voice sample thing is getting to be a bit old hat now, even for me. Sorry, but this is only my opinion...I'm sure that all of you who missed out on the actual CD release, will now be pleased as punch that this is available as a digital download.
Ok, I'll get my coat...

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:48 pm 
Bar Manager

major snagg wrote:
I've listened to all the tracks that are there on the 'store' page. If these are some of the best tracks from the whole 3 CDs, then I think I'll pass over on this release. There doesn't appear to be anything here that really grabs me on any of those 12 tracks. As soon as I hear the old voice samples, I feel a big sigh welling up...not in a good way either. I really don't like them. The voice sample thing is getting to be a bit old hat now, even for me. Sorry, but this is only my opinion...I'm sure that all of you who missed out on the actual CD release, will now be pleased as punch that this is available as a digital download.
Ok, I'll get my coat...

So glad you shared your views Major, it is a wonderfully gracious thing to go onto an artist’s website/forum and start slating his work, I bet you’re such a joy to be around...not that anybody will actually care whether or not you like it!!!

Jon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:52 pm 
Regular

To each, their own I guess. I have always loved the voice samples Bill has used in his recordings.

bbq

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:11 am 
Regular

JMH wrote:
May we download from Bandcamp if we purchased CD from the SoundOnSound Store :?:

I think, JMH, that may be a tradition only with nouveau vinyl releases, where one gets a "download card" found like a prize somewhere in the sleeve .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 am 
Regular

Mayor of Dreamsville wrote:
major snagg wrote:
Ok, I'll get my coat...

So glad you shared your views Major, it is a wonderfully gracious thing to go onto an artist’s website/forum and start slating his work, I bet you’re such a joy to be around...not that anybody will actually care whether or not you like it!!!

Jon.

That's not fair Jon. Major Snagg is entitled to express his opinion. With a rare exception, most people on the forum will say nothing if they don't like a release. That's how I gauge whether a release is popular or not. If people don't like it much, then the comments dry up after a few days. It is refreshing that someone piped up and said that it doesn't sound like their type of release. Heaven knows, I've done it more than a few times. And taken the occasional bit of flack for it. I said the same thing about Blossom Tree Optimists based on the samples. I let the forum (aka Bill) convince me to buy it. I played it once and then threw it in 'the box'. It is simply a matter of personal taste. So, leave him in peace.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:22 am 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
Well, I thought that this was a forum and the idea is to post your own opinions. I posted mine. When did it turn into a club for sycophants. I don’t think that it’s unfair to post polite comments that are a little left of what others think. After all, I didn’t say that the albums were sh*t or a load of b***cks. I don’t even think that about Auditoria anyway...I only said that there was nothing that grabbed me on this release. We all have favourite albums by Bill and others that are just put to the bottom of a pile called...I only played it a couple of times or such. Unfortunately that pile has been growing.
I’ll stick my neck out even further and say that some of you ought to be a little more honest and say what you really feel about your purchases. Let’s have some honest reviews from now on please.
Ok, I’m going to go and put , After The Satellite Sings on the stereo..a great album.

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue