www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A BIG 'THANK YOU' FROM BILL.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:44 pm 
The Citizen

Unbelievably, it will be one week, tomorrow, since the 'Plectronica' event was held at The Clothworker's Hall in Leeds. How quickly those seven days have passed and how little time I've had to wind down or relax. The sheer intensity of modern life negates much in the way of respite and I'm already panicking about getting this year's Dreamsville Christmas video and music made in time, not to mention the domestic issues that come with this particular time of year.

However, there's one important message I want to send, and that's to every single person who was involved with 'Plectronica' in one form or another. For me, it was an utterly memorable, heartfelt event. So much love in the room when I played, so much kindness and generosity from fans of my music. It was literally overwhelming and I'm deeply touched and grateful for the attention.

I'd like to thank several people in particular: First of all, Ian Haydock who single-handedly set up the mechanics of the event, acted as MC and conducted an absolutely brilliant interview with me.Thank you so much Ian for all your care and dedication to the cause of my music. You're an intelligent, perceptive and lovely man to whom I'm eternally grateful. What you did means an awful lot to me.

Also a big thank you to my old and loyal friend Jon Wallinger who coordinated fan contributions to my superb 70th birthday gift of a Backlund 'Super-100' guitar and who does such a superb job of managing the Dreamsville website. I can't thank you enough, Jon for all the help you've given me over the years since we first met.

I also want to thank Paul Gilby for his kind help and support over several years. Paul has been instrumental in aiding, not only the passage of my albums to the public domain via 'Sound-On-Sound' magazine's mail order department, but also by his talents and knowledge of the internet's workings and his generous role as 'official projectionist' of my videos in live situations.

I'd also like to thank Paul's brother Ian Gilby for his help and kindness in various capacities for several years. Another 'angel,' in the old school theatrical meaning of the term.

And then we come to someone who is now one of my oldest friends, the talented sound engineer John Spence, a man I've known since, well, God knows when...(late 1980s?) John has not only worked in the studio with me but has taken control of many of my live performance sound mixes and mastered most of my solo albums at Fairview studio where he is based. John is, quite simply, one of the very best, most trustworthy and gifted engineer/producer/musicians I know and I'm deeply grateful for his care and attention to my music over many years.

I must also thank the members of the old 'Nelsonica' team whose dedication, loyalty and love is deeply appreciated. To Eddie, Tony, Dunc, Colin and Caroline, (and several others,) I owe a dept of gratitude. You guys are simply THE best... :)

If I've missed anyone out here, please forgive me. As I'm 70 years old in a week or two, my memory isn't quite as good as it once was, (though I can hardly believe I'm 70 at all.)

Finally, a HUGE and grateful thank you to all the fans who contributed so generously to the purchase of a Backlund Super 100 guitar for my birthday. I'm still dazed and deeply dazzled by this wonderful and unexpected gesture. I can't express enough how thrilled and touched I am by this. Can't wait to get my hands on it either...you know how excited I get my the chance to play a new guitar! It will find a place in all my future recordings and I'll think of you all every time I pick it up. Thank you so very, very much!

And, lest you think I've overlooked it, a BIG THANK YOU to all the fans who were kind enough to give me various gists at 'Plecttronica.' I've unwrapped each and every one, (despite it not being my birthdaty 'till the 18th of this month,) and am bowled over by your kindness. Thank you SO much! Love and peace and good health to you all... :D

Post subject: Re: A BIG 'THANK YOU' FROM BILL.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:27 am 
Regular

Location: Florida (sitting by the window, in a house at the end of time)
Thank you, Bill, and your crew, for making the event available for those of us who could not be there in person. 8)
I would love to see it on a big screen, but would be more than happy with the DVD. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:31 am 
Regular

I am so glad that this event was memorable for Bill ! Yes hard to believe it was already one week tomorrow.

I will have a glass of wine tomorrow (Saturday) and watch the concert again.

BLess you, Bill :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:31 pm 
Regular

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the event so much. It was a wonderful time, filled with AMAZING music (as always) and wonderful people. Well worth the trip. I also want to thank you for allowing the event to be live streamed to the world -- I have heard from a lot of people how much they enjoyed and appreciated the chance to be a part of the day from afar.

All the very, very best....

Peter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:17 pm 
Regular

It was brilliant :idea: :!: So wonderful to see and meet some of the dedicated people on the Dreamsville team, it really is a family. Thanks to all crew and volunteers, it could not have been better produced, and so much fun. cheers TiW! - and it sure would have been nice to say hellooo to John Spence so I'll do it now - I spotted you up there mate but didn't want to distract you from the excellent job you did! bravo. ~drew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 am 
Regular

Hi Bill,

If you should be reading this, i wanted to say that I paid to watch the latest Nelsonica event which I enjoyed watching. Brilliant playing and it was great to see the musicians on stage enjoying themselves.

Also, as you know, my father has motor neurone disease rendering him unable to use most of his body. He too watched the show and wanted to see it again the following day. He loved it. As you know he was in Sweet Sensation back in the day and followed your music way back then until he became ill.
So a big thank you for allowing the performance to be filmed you made my father a very happy man as well as myself and others in here who were unable to attend the event.

Finally, I'm looking to receiving the Auditoria set from SOS.

Thanks again Mr N. Keep smiling.

Sincerely,
Christian. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 pm 
The Citizen

The Sound wrote:
Hi Bill,

If you should be reading this, i wanted to say that I paid to watch the latest Nelsonica event which I enjoyed watching. Brilliant playing and it was great to see the musicians on stage enjoying themselves.

Also, as you know, my father has motor neurone disease rendering him unable to use most of his body. He too watched the show and wanted to see it again the following day. He loved it. As you know he was in Sweet Sensation back in the day and followed your music way back then until he became ill.
So a big thank you for allowing the performance to be filmed you made my father a very happy man as well as myself and others in here who were unable to attend the event.

Finally, I'm looking to receiving the Auditoria set from SOS.

Thanks again Mr N. Keep smiling.

Sincerely,
Christian. :)

Many thanks, Christian, and please send my love to your dad. I wish him well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:11 am 
Regular

Much thanks to you Bill, for your strength and endurance. Your playing abilities are still top notch and deeply appreciated. Looking forward to having this concert on CD and DVD in the future. Hopefully you can find time in your musical adventures in 2019 to release it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:54 am 
New in Town

Congratulations on a successful event, Bill. I would liked to have been there to experience it in person and to say "Hi". Also, happy birthday to you in a few days too, you old bugger :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:48 pm 
Regular

Very much enjoyed the replay, thanks. I can't believe that Bill went from being nervous about playing basically in a room full of his mates to broadcasting live around the whole frickin' world! Very well done indeed to all concerned especially you Bill, you totally delivered despite all of your recent handicaps.