www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A HAUNTED HOUSE? PULL THE OTHER ONE...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:31 am 
The Citizen

Alan Cawthorne wrote:
Bill, dont you beleive in such things ?
I was a sceptic too until I stayed in what looked like the attic of an old house in Bakewell Derbyshire for my 50th birthday.
After returning to our rooms we tried to sleep, but both of us were kept awake all night by footsteps around either side of the bed.
We were rigid with fear.
Theres definately something in it.

Well, all I know is that there's nothing in Haddlesey House. In all the years I lived there I never experienced a single spooky thing. I really enjoyed my life there.

As for footsteps around the bed, I'd wonder how a non material, disembodied 'spirit' could posses the physical weight to make footsteps sound on the wooden floor around the bed. I'm not saying that you didn't experience something but these things can be very subjective. I remember when I was a child actually seeing a snowman materialise at the side of my bed, then walk around it and disappear on the other side. On another occasion a 'wicked witch' loomed over the bed before vanishing. These days, such things don't happen anymore, but here's something to try and figure out: Often, when I'm browsing in a bookshop, a book will suddenly fly off a nearby shelf for no reason at all. This has happened many times, even in supermarkets when an object on a shelf a couple of feet away from me will hurl itself to the floor for no apparent reason. Emiko has witnessed this on several occasions so it's more than my imagination. She thinks I exude some strange magnetic force or something. :lol: Then again, it might be just a personal ghost assigned to me who's clumsily checking out the contents of the shelves. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:54 am 
Regular

As my late father in law used to say, “it’s not the dead you need worry about but the living”?
Mick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:07 pm 
Regular

Sad to hear so many doubting voices on this forum. There is plenty of evidence for supernatural contact from beyond the grave. See below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC_Nna17sh0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:02 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Well, all I know is that there's nothing in Haddlesey House. In all the years I lived there I never experienced a single spooky thing. I really enjoyed my life there.

Ahhh Bill, not even in the Spoooky Echo Observatory ?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:00 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:

Often, when I'm browsing in a bookshop, a book will suddenly fly off a nearby shelf for no reason at all.

I do hope the spirit has good literary taste. It could be quite an insult if it's hurling a Barbara Cartland, say, or Boyzone biography.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:30 pm 
The Citizen

David Too wrote:
I do hope the spirit has good literary taste. It could be quite an insult if it's hurling a Barbara Cartland, say, or Boyzone biography.

Well, if it Is a ghost or a spirit, maybe it's throwing the dross on the floor and leaving the good stuff on the shelves for me to discover! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:18 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
David Too wrote:

Well, if it Is a ghost or a spirit, maybe it's throwing the dross on the floor and leaving the good stuff on the shelves for me to discover! :wink: :lol:

Very good point!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:38 pm 
Regular

If there is a spooky presence, I think of Nathanial 'Piggy-Tail' Davison as a possible candidate ...

Bill writes ...

Miss Davison's late father (or grandfather, I can't recall which exactly), was known to locals as 'Piggy-Tail' Davison, and was apparently a terrible, nasty man. His ghost is reputed to haunt Haddlesey House. It seemed to me that Miss Davison's ghost would have equal claims to the same premises.

... and ...

Jan, my wife at the time, later said she didn't share my feelings for the place. She found it spooky, perhaps primed by the stories of Piggy-Tail Davison, but I never once felt spooked by the place, only a tremendous affinity with it.

Captain Wayman [Way-Man] might be a possible candidate for a friendly presence ...

Then, during the second world war, it was requisitioned by the British Army for use as a rehabilitation centre for wounded Army officers. One of the officers recovering from his wartime injuries here was a 'Captain Wayman.' He loved both the location and the house and, once the war had ended, returned to buy it for himself and the woman he was about to marry. In civilian life, Captain Wayman was a wealthy man and he and his new wife set to renovating the old place, now further damaged from its wartime use. He retained the building's imposing height but transformed the interior from three floors to two, making the ceilings of the rooms much higher.

Source: https://tinyurl.com/y9v9xzak

A scene where translucent figures of Captain Wayman and Nathanial Davison encounter one another's flickering forms along a starlit Haddlesey plane .

Captain Wayman says, "You there ... be gone" and Davison, startled, smirks and then slowly bows -- low and dramatically -- holding a pointy-and-plumed hat in gloved hand ... he flickers away ... vanishing into dust and light ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:45 pm 
Regular

Sounds like a concept Alec. Get writing. :idea:

Throw in some Masons, obscure religious references, a bunch of place names, a couple of real names, English, old English and spell things funny. Use an accent. Lots of keyboards with sharp guitar over notes.

:arrow: