www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SOS Hand Over To Burning Shed
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:28 am 
Regular

The end of an era.

Let me add my voice in praise of SOS' sterling service. They've been fantastic to deal with. The last 14 years wouldn't have worked so well for Bill and those of us who love buying his music without their fantastic commitment. ( I seem to remember they helped fund the Be Bop Deluxe And Beyond tour toward the start of those 14 years as well.) Thanks to all of you from all of us. You'll be sorely missed. Although we know you'll still be around.

That said, having bought a few things off Burning Shed over the years, I can confirm them as a good choice. Another company who are fantastic to deal with. Bill - and SOS' legacy - is in good hands.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:07 pm 
Regular

.....agree with all of the above - it's been a pleasure to deal with SOS over all these years - have to give a mention to Mandy who worked there many years ago and was so warm and friendly, and helpful in every way - such a lovely lady!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 pm 
The Citizen

I must add my personal thanks to all those at SOS who have helped support my music since 2005, especially to Paul and Ian Gilby who have been extremely generous with their time and have looked after me so well. Paul and Ian have very kindly offered to continue co-ordinating my album releases and will help in terms of arranging that my album masters and artwork get to the pressing plant for manufacturing. It's comforting to know that they will be keeping an eye on things for me.

So, yes, it's quite a big change in many ways and, of course, feels a little different at the moment but I'm hoping to establish a good working relationship with Burning Shed and will look forward to playing my future releases with them.

And on that subject: As many of you know, I have several albums already recorded and awaiting mastering and artwork, then manufacturing and an eventual release. I'm also working on a couple of other new albums at the present moment, tentatively titled 'Vulcan Street' and 'Cathode Paintbox,' (which might end up being titled 'Cathode Ray Canvas'.) Lots of ideas coming through the ether that I'm picking up on but finding time to fix them all here in the material world is problematic. Nevertheless, I'll do my best to get them to you.

My mastering engineer, John Spence, is scheduled for a much needed knee operation in the coming weeks so I may not be able to get another album mastered until he's had sufficient time to recover and get back on his feet, so I don't think you'll see a new release until further into the year. However, I may choose to make one of the completed albums a digital download only release and let it out in unmastered form, which might prove an interesting experiment in that you'll hear the music exactly as it comes off my mixing desk. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:03 pm 
Regular

Good news. I was wondering about the issue of coordinating your album releases and producing of the CD's work that SOS did and glad to hear Paul and Ian will still be involved with this.

I do hope you will release something unmastered on Bandcamp while
Mr Spence is recovering !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm 
Regular

I've always had a good experience with SOS over the years. They've done a fine job.Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 pm 
Regular

Got my first email from Burning Shed today, with a big announcement about Bill Nelson joining their ranks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:32 am 
Regular

I,d just like to add my thanks to SOS for the service that they have provided over the years.
Only once in all the years of dealing with them did I have an issue with SOS and that was when there was a problem with my card at the point of ordering one of Bills new releases and then SOS phoned ME!, to tell me they couldn't process the order.
It was promptly sorted and the cd then posted out.
If that wasn't,t corrected I would of possibly missed out on the release.
Thanks all SOS for the dedicated service to all us Nelsonians and more importantly to Bill over the years.
NB
I,m I reading the announcement right, that all future releases we will be able to put a pre order into Burning Shed prior to any releases then they have a better idea of how many to press?
This obviously guarantees all us Dreamsvillle tenants a CD without the stress of constantly waiting for the e mail prompt of the new cd is now available.
Is this correct or I,m I reading that bit wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:06 pm 
Regular

A big thank you, SOS. With your help, I have a mountain of great Bill Nelson discs!
Burning Shed, here we come! Can't wait for the first one...

bbq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:06 am 
Regular

Hi All,

Again another voice added to the praise of SOS's service, over the past ten years I have been using them. A big thank you to all involved, its been appreciated.

As for the future I am also a regular Burning Shed customer as they stock some of my other favourite artists (Steven Wilson, Peter Hammill, Anathema, King Crimson etc). I have always found their service excellent and the products always arrive timely and well packed (The latter important as I am a vinyl junky).

I couldn't think of a better on line outlet to take on the baton from SOS for Bill, and hopefully it will also increase his profile.

Good news all round.

Cheers
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 am 
Regular

SOS Mail Order
Superlatives Abound Just Amazing People to deal with always always always top drawer top class :lol: 8)
I Remember Lisa Pope as my Touchstone
but i praise the organisation completely for supporting Bill For the Years

THANK YOU SOS :D

(I Dropped A Silver Tear for this Event)

THEN..

A New Home In Burning Shed amongst the most creative Artists around too many to mention but all from the same ''Family'' ... WOW!! :lol:

Last but not least a thought came through me..

What will one do without the SOS Merchandise stall at the next event when you let loose with the Backlund 100 Tremelo Arm ??
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: