www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Projected Box Set of All Nelsonica Ltd.Edition Recordings
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:07 pm 
Regular

Whilst scouring the website for information on the five recordings I need to complete my Bill Nelson collection, I stumbled across a statement on the notes for Caliban and the Chrome Harmonium. It was said that "Caliban and the Chrome Harmonium will be issued properly/officially before too long as part of a projected box set of all the Nelsonica limited edition recordings. AND it will be given a proper mastering process, something which the original didn't receive. There will be no rarity value in any of my recordings, before long, as none of them will ever be permanently out of print." I wondered if there had been any progress with this. The majority of what I need to complete my Bill Collection fall in to this category.

Post subject: Re: Projected Box Set of All Nelsonica Ltd.Edition Recording
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 pm 
The Citizen

Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:
Whilst scouring the website for information on the five recordings I need to complete my Bill Nelson collection, I stumbled across a statement on the notes for Caliban and the Chrome Harmonium. It was said that "Caliban and the Chrome Harmonium will be issued properly/officially before too long as part of a projected box set of all the Nelsonica limited edition recordings. AND it will be given a proper mastering process, something which the original didn't receive. There will be no rarity value in any of my recordings, before long, as none of them will ever be permanently out of print." I wondered if there had been any progress with this. The majority of what I need to complete my Bill Collection fall in to this category.

'Caliban' was more of a mini-album than a full album, but I have thought about adding more tracks in a similar vein to expand its scope a little. But, even if I don't find time to do that, I might consider the possibility of releasing the album as a Bandcamp digital download, (so as to protect the integrity of the original extremely limited CD release.)

It's not an album that would particularly appeal to the more rock music orientated fans of my work, it's definitely a 'niche' item which resides in an esoteric or 'outre' area of my music, but is, nonetheless, interesting and somewhat unique in its own way. Well...we'll see what can be done to facilitate that... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 am 
Regular

Another hole in my collection is "Astroloops", the CD you made for Eastwood Guitars. Anything you can do to make that available would be greatly appreciated - probably by a lot of people! Although I do appreciate that it's not your current priority, and that you may have to obtain Eastwood's permission.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:15 pm 
Regular

Perfect Monster wrote:
Another hole in my collection is "Astroloops", the CD you made for Eastwood Guitars. Anything you can do to make that available would be greatly appreciated - probably by a lot of people!

Please Bill.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:53 pm 
Regular

2nd that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:30 pm 
New in Town

Astroloops is one of the few that I don't have but also the only one that I've never heard. Having bought the Astroluxe Cadet guitar I'd love to at least hear it. If re-issuing compromises some pact with the buyers of the original Limited Edition Astroluxe guitar could these be posted as samples on Bandcamp or Soundcloud so those of us obsessed with all things BN could at least have a listen?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:53 pm 
Regular

I would think that a boxed set / digital download set of:
Calaban and the Chrome Harmonium (The Piano and Vibraphone Variations)
Astroluxe A Bill Nelson Sampler
Astral Motel (Nelsonica 02)
Luxury Lodge (Nelsonica 03)
Wah-Wah Galaxy

I believe that is the entire Almost Opaque catalogue. :idea:

:arrow: