www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to The Dreamsville Inn
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:11 pm 
Regular

Thank you guys yes I post as William on the BBD Fb page...and now its really fab to be here...great pint too!...I LOVE THE SAMPLES OF ALBION DREAM VORTEX...just waiting a few days to purchase (bank stuff yawn)...hope some left ...but I will be on here as often as I possibly can...have loved Bills work since hearing Futurama way back when...and seeing bbd at the Liverpool Stadium in the 70's...I am catching up quickly on the great mans Solo output...and I am VERY VERY Impressed ...so ingenious and authentic and honest ...qualities which shine through Bills music...So glad to be here ...make the music magic...see ya soon ...William:-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:12 am 
New in Town

Greetings fellow Nelsonians. I am new here at the Dreamsville Inn, but I'm nowhere near new to Bill's fabulous sonic sketches and paintings. As I recall, Vistamix was my introduction. I hadn't heard a note of his work before that, and only bought the album because I knew Mick Karn played bass on some tracks. Man was I astounded! Like meeting an old friend for the first time, and now, all these years later, Bill's music IS an old friend. Tonight I dug out my "Sounding The Ritual Echo' vinyl...still discovering new things to love there.

Anyhow...I'm glad to find this corner of the web. I have so much of Mr. Nelsons music already (over 30 discs & albums), and am astounded at how much more there is to discover! Last week I received Model Village and Songs of The Blossom Tree Optimists, and this week ordered Joy
Through Amplification. What treasures await! What next?

And to Bill Nelson...thank you. For the magnificent pleasures of sound, unique and otherworldly, intricate and daring. Your art has been a constant companion, and has also been a rocket fuel for my own art as well. As we say here in Maine...Wicked Good!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:21 am 
Regular

Hiya Billy! 'Chimera' was where the brilliant Mick Karn played with the excellent Bill Nelson. Loved it too! In fact, got Japan on now, and Mick's playing is out of this world!
This is a fab village = welcome! Peace. :P 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:05 pm 
New in Town

Oracle wrote:
Hiya Billy! 'Chimera' was where the brilliant Mick Karn played with the excellent Bill Nelson. Loved it too! In fact, got Japan on now, and Mick's playing is out of this world!
This is a fab village = welcome! Peace. :P 8)

Ah, another Japan fan! Yeah, Mick's playing is so unique and amazing, when I saw he played on the album I had to check it out. What a way to be introduced to Bill's music! I don't think Chimera was released here in the US on it's own, it was all included on a compilation called Vistamix which had a few tracks from The Love That Whirls as well. But from that point on, I was hooked.

when poets dreamed of angels...indeed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40