www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy New Year to you all / Rework of an old song
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:07 am 
Regular

I hope that 2019 is way better for all of you.

After many long months away from my studio, I finally had a little time to work on this piece that has been driving me nuts for quite some time.
It is not perfect, it still has some issues, but I am a lot happier with it than I was.
The song is called "Welcome to my World."
I rewrote the bass line and the solo (pleased with both), which is more in line with what I was hearing in my head.
The engineering has improved as I have spent the past few months learning about all of this engineering stuff. Clearly there is still much to learn.

I always appreciate your comments and suggestions. Still have to get the vocals to sit better in the track (still dislike the sound of my voice...) If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

https://tracystearns.bandcamp.com/track ... o-my-world

Happy New Year to you all!

Tracy

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year to you all / Rework of an old song
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:04 pm 
Regular

The way I see it,
It is so obtuse.

Surrealism is my realism.
Art history, my curse.

I want to grow a moustache
and wax it to a point.

That the illusions / allusions that I see
No longer melt before me.

:arrow:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:50 pm 
Regular

Tracy, you know I love this song. This mix is really good, but I miss the "woo hoos" on the chorus. I like the new lead as well, though it could be little louder. (loved the old one as well, but I always am a sucker for alternate versions of songs.

Curious if you ever considered posting any of the mixes I did of Welcome to my World.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:48 am 
Regular

EERO wrote:
Tracy, you know I love this song. This mix is really good, but I miss the "woo hoos" on the chorus. I like the new lead as well, though it could be little louder. (loved the old one as well, but I always am a sucker for alternate versions of songs.

Curious if you ever considered posting any of the mixes I did of Welcome to my World.

Hey Erro,

The woo-hoo's are a must. I just posted that in that particular phase of production to see if I could elicit feedback concerning the mix. I will most certainly add them. This version could also use some of your magic, if you are interested in adding anything to it. It is still a work in progress. I am obsessing over getting it to sound the way that I hear it in my head. The instrumentation is just about there, the vocals, ugh, don't get me started :)... But I will figure that out eventually.

As for the other versions, I do think that I have them up on the site, but they are off in private. At the time, I was trying to do some rearranging to the site, but then I had to deal with some bullshit that required my full-time attention, which is one of the reasons why I haven't been around this place on a more regular basis. I will check there, and then my HD's if they are not up. You did some great work on those and people should be able to hear it.

Do you happen to have any of those old tracks you worked on laying around? I would like to play around with them if they are available.

I am going to post a draft of a song that I stated today. I think it has a good start. Found a tortured guitar sound that I really like for the solo. The other instruments are coming together. If I can remember my password and account on soundcloud I will stick it up there and post it. I would love to hear your ideas. I have to pound out the lyrics, and mess with a few things, but it is coming along.

It was great catching up with you. Hope we have more time to discuss music and ideas.

Tracy