www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: DRIVE THIS COMET ACROSS THE SKY - Now available on Bandc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
I wonder if everyone else is hearing it? Over a hundred downloads so far and no one else seems to be reporting it.
I'm not sure that I would have noticed this, unless James had mentioned it. He must have very good ears, or be playing it loud :) .

But there is definitely something in the tracks - it's not my system. Sometimes you can see it. Open track 10, Certain Circles, in a wave editor such as Audacity. Then zoom in on the beginning of the track, and extend the y-axis so that you are emphasising the amplitude of the track. You should eventually see something between about 1.9s and the proper start of the track at about 2.37s.

On the title track, there is something audible between 0.6s and 1.6s - again before the proper start of the track - but it's too quiet for Audacity to display. I'd hope that professional studio equipment will show it.

I'm not playing the tracks here - just having a look at the files on screen. I've had a look at wav, flac and mp3 files - all the same.

I'm not sure if I can hear any of them at my normal listening levels. Maybe one or two - but then I know they are there, so it's probably just my mind playing tricks. So I wouldn't overly worry about this, Bill.

On the other hand, this doesn't appear on tracks from your other recent CDs that I checked - they are clean as a whistle right up to the start of the music. I'm sure that everyone involved will want to find out where in the recording/production/manufacturing chain this is happening.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 am 
Regular

It's most noticeable on tracks 4 and 9, both sound like guitars with clean distortion on them, but it's so short and quiet that it's hard to tell even when the amplification is bumped up by 500%. Don't worry, I cut and pasted the segments into new audio files so I didn't deafen myself when the actual track kicks in. :wink:
I wouldn't be too concerned about it, Bill. It's virtually unnoticeable and anyone with basic audio software can edit these aberrations out with no harm to the tracks themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:06 pm 
Regular

Unfortunately, i concur pretty much 100% with James & Perfect Monster.. :cry:
I Went through all the tracks in Sony Soundforge this morning and found the ''bleeding'' evidence of ghost tracks unidentified
blending into every intro, except the aforementioned track 7.
ALL DETECTABLE AT HIGH VOLUME..
However the easy way round that one is highlight and edit the intros on all the tracks in the EQ part of any audio suite to 0 and save, that completely removes all traces permanently.

Easy for me to say

The Anomaly does not affect ANY Of the Original music tracks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 am 
Regular

So has anyone investigated where the ghost tracks came from?

As I said, I'm sure that everyone involved in recording, production and distribution will want to understand how and where this happened.

Either it was in Bill's recording set-up, or it has the potential to affect other products from Fairview or Bandcamp.

Being a techy sort of guy, I am curious to know what the cause was.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm 
The Citizen

It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the recordings here in the studio, nor anything to do with Fairview. It's a mystery.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:36 am 
The Citizen

And now with the correct artwork! :wink: :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:15 am 
Regular

Regardless of any sound/bleed problems people maybe experiencing.

I love this album :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2