www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:27 pm 
Regular

Well done to you all.........that must have been an awful challenge but well worth it for that kind of money raised. :D It's great to hear that Sara's Hope Foundation is doing so well. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:31 pm 
Regular

Well done Ged, you look frozen :shock: I would have joined you if I'd have known about it, I'm a bit partial to dips in the North Sea at Christmas :shock:
Great to hear that the download sales are still doing so well for Sara's Hope Foundation :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:10 pm 
Bar Staff

Thanks - it was freeeeeeezing !!!!
Wishing you all a very `Happy New Year` and we hope all of your dreams come true
Love Ged and Juliexx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:36 pm 
Regular

And a very Happy New Year to you too, Ged. And to all your family as well.

I'm still needing to do the download of "A Million Whistling Milkmen", but will take care of that in the new year. Something I'm very much looking forward to.

Also want to say how amazing it is that Bill has done this for Sara's Hope Foundation, what with everything else on his plate. Wishing you all sorts of success at making this a reality in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:59 pm 
Regular

Ged wrote:
Thanks - it was freeeeeeezing !!!!

Very proudly just downloaded the track! See you at N09! 'Pod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:17 am 
Regular

Got the FLAC; another winner Bill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:15 pm 
Bar Staff

Once again - thanks to everyone for your support and kindness - we have just received our first Music Zeit Statement for the total sales up to 31st December 2008 - £510.94 :D which is amazing considering the track only became available to download from the 18 December (Bills birthday)
This is terrific news for the Foundation and the good news is that there has been a lot more sales since 1 Jan 2009 :D
Six Strings for Sara is also selling well.
Ian Boddy and David Law at Music Zeit have been excellent and have reduced the fees for their service by over 50%
We have also received a kind donation of a selection of Bill Nelson rarities to auction from Kornel -including a limited edition Nelsonica 08 Time Piece please watch this space for details
A million thanks to Bill for his generosity and wonderful support
www.sarashopefoundation.co.uk

Post subject: next stop, dreamsville
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:39 pm 
i woke here in the midwestern usa to a balmy day before the green; opened my emailbox, and there sit three patiently awaited emails from jon, the landlord of dreamsville. 1. welcome to dreamsville! 2. your account has been activated! and 3. login confirmation.

so, on my merry i went, to log in to william's world, my first stop! and lucky me... bill was just here!

a few more clicks and i have now purchased, downloaded and listened to both songs for sara. 1. six strings, and 2. whistling milkmen.

lately, i've been listening to my friend play several good ol' be bop deluxe tunes, and those that i can find on youtube...

my sis is currently working on a wardrobe web page for her costume designing... coincidentally enough, she's doing a retro 50s milkman; i'm doing the photoshoot and we're using my roomie who has no idea of his previous life's employment...

well, time for a shower... since i have to work tomorry, i will be performing my ultimate corned beef and cabbage for a houseful of friends tonight.

erin go braugh everyone! tip a few green ones, and don't forget to purchase, download and listen to these AWESOME benefit records from william's world!!!

i love the dreamy six string play most of all; i often prefer non-vocals... "sister seagul" from the 70s is an exception to exceptions! i will never get the haunting seductive vocals from my pea-size brain head... but why would i want to????

milkmen is so trippy!!! i love it. as a graphic designer of over 25 years, i join in the jump of visual glee to these retro images...

and i've only been up for an hour... me thinks i started it off quite well.

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 pm 
Regular

Welcome, ladesco! And know that you are not the only designer hereabouts (not me...I am but a lowly copywriter, alas).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:24 pm 
Regular

Welcome to the Inn, ladesco. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next