www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:44 pm 
Bar Manager

Sue wrote:
BlackPaperCrown wrote:
The other possiblility is to buy the ticket but maybe get the goodies mailed. Is that an option, Mr Mayor?

I would think that's a very good option BPC.....if you cann't attend at least you can get your hands on all the goodies and the Nelsonica cd. I'm sure that Jon will tell you if it's possible.

Of course you can buy a ticket just for the goodies - but the CD WILL be available to buy from the Dream Department Store as soon as possible after the convention. If you choose to buy a ticket just for the goodies, please add a couple of quid for the postage though otherwise it comes out of MY pocket and I'm really poor!!!

Jon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:37 pm 
Regular

Mr Mayor

A cheque is in the post (with a bit extra to stop you going bankrupt!) and I do realise that you cannot post my goodies out until after the event (more’s the pity!).

I regret not being able to be there in person at Harrogate, but the cost of travel and accommodation was prohibitive. I felt that money would be much better spent on Mr Nelson’s work, directly, and so have ordered “Fancy Planets”, “Here Comes Mr Mercury” and “What Now What Next?” as consolation prizes from S-o-S.

I like to think this way, I am attending “In absentia”.

Maybe others who have declared their inability to attend, may wish to do the same? After all, for all the hard work Bill has put into this, it seems only fair!

Post subject: Walking directions to the Crown Hotel
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:12 am 
Regular

Can anyone give us walking directions from the rail station to the Crown Hotel?
Thanks
Scott and Karin :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:28 am 
Regular

Hi Scott

Try this

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?utm_campa ... gb-gns-svn

..with this address, post code Harrogate HG1 2RZ, UK

See you and Karin there...only 2 weeks to go! Whoopee!!!

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:16 pm 
Regular

Thanks Andy :)
I cannot believe it is only 2 weeks away!
See you soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:43 pm 
Regular

Nothing to do on this rainy day so I decided to have a ride to Harrogate and take a look at The Crown so I know where I'm driving to and what the parking facilities are like. A stunning building in a lovely setting :D Limited parking at the front of the hotel. The White Hart Inn is just the other side of the roundabout.

Harrogate does look lovely 'in bloom' today in spite of the ghastly weather. It'll soon be the 19th :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:52 pm 
Regular

Once more I feel massive pangs of regret not being able to attend. I feel I have done as much as I can, by buying a ticket (but have had to stop at picking up the bar tab - yikes!) but I will be there in spirit (and no, I am not a ghost nor a bottle of vodka!)

However, a small word of warning - given the vast array of goodies up for grabs this weekend, I do hope that a receptacle will be suitably placed to catch the melting plastic of the credit cards. I also hope that contingency plans can be quickly evoked once the ATMs in Harrogate run out of cash. And please ensure that the watering holes are quickly replenished once the Friday festivities start (you do need to leave some for Saturday, folks!).

My only request (and it is provably echoed by all the other non-attendees) is that you do convey your experiences here on Dreamsville so we can all share in the atmosphere. You may wish to wait to write it after the effects of the pubs have worn off!

To all the attendee - have a great time. To Bill - you are a star for doing this for us all. To the rest of the organisers - your tireless work is greatly appreciated.

Never A Dull Day, indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 am 
Regular

Of course, we all echo that last statement, cheers Duncan!!!! 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:28 am 
New in Town

BPC
It was brilliant. For myself, it was my fave in years. That's a tough decison, as they are always special. I just REALLY liked the locale, the ambience, the look, the sound, the people, the lighting, etc. There was no bad seat anywhere. My thanks to all who made it possible and would really look forward to a return engagement at the same place in 2010. It was an attendees' dream, but enough about my dreams...
Still smiling with warm thoughts of all the lovely people gathered in one place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:55 am 
Regular

Soo wanted to meet you Ruud!! Great fun, isn't it??? :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next