www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

Question ? If Bill were to re-issue one or more of the following albums as a 'lossless' FLAC download for you to burn to CD. Which ones would you want ? The download would also include high quality 300dpi artwork for you to print out.
The Alchemical Adventures Of Sailor Bill 12%  12%  [ 17 ]
Neptune's Galaxy 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
The Romance Of Sustain 33%  33%  [ 45 ]
Orpheus In Ultraland 28%  28%  [ 39 ]
Custom Deluxe 13%  13%  [ 18 ]
Dreamland To Starboard 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 138
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:33 am 
Regular

I voted for Neptune's Galaxy and then I would get the Alchemical Adventures Of Sailor Bill... and then probably a few more after that. Flac downloads are very easy to convert to wav. This would be a much appreciated way to purchase the music since I don't want to deal with ebay and I rather Bill gets the $"s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 am 
Regular

Interesting how such a simple question turns into such a complicated mess. And you know what else is amusing? Middle aged (or older) men (it's always men, by the way) arguing about sound frequencies they cannot possibly hear anymore. It's childish nonsense. If it is truly about the music then let's just be happy to accept in any format it is offered. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:59 am 
New in Town

astrophobia wrote:
Interesting how such a simple question turns into such a complicated mess. And you know what else is amusing? Middle aged (or older) men (it's always men, by the way) arguing about sound frequencies they cannot possibly hear anymore. It's childish nonsense. If it is truly about the music then let's just be happy to accept in any format it is offered. :roll:

Please don't be so dismissive, sexist and rude. You don't know that it's all "middle-aged men" at all.

You may not be able to tell the difference between various audio formats, but I can. As the question was asked, I see nothing wrong with debating the merits or demerits of each format.

If you have nothing constructive to write, then don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:10 am 
Regular

Dismissive, sexist and rude? Good god you're awfully sensitive. This argument has been going on here for quite sometime and all to the same result. Some would say ad nauseam. If you don't believe me, do a search. And yes, it has been middle-aged men having this argument here, like it or not, that is a fact. The only question asked was what album you would like to see available as a download. Yet it has been turned into a debate over formats yet again. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:20 am 
Regular

I'll second that astro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 am 
New in Town

astrophobia wrote:
Dismissive, sexist and rude? Good god you're awfully sensitive. This argument has been going on here for quite sometime and all to the same result. Some would say ad nauseam. If you don't believe me, do a search. And yes, it has been middle-aged men having this argument here, like it or not, that is a fact. The only question asked was what album you would like to see available as a download. Yet it has been turned into a debate over formats yet again. :cry:

Sensitive? I called it as I read it. Your expression is rude and sexist by any measure.

What is wrong with debating formats? People that care about how they listen to music will do it, whether you like it or not. Raising the question of availability via download will always turn into a format debate. Some people prefer hi-fidelity over "convenience", it's quite simple really.

Also, that's "ad nauseum". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:46 am 
Regular

Thanks for the lecture. So I am a male who is sexist in regards to males? That's fecking brilliant. I'll be expecting a knock at any moment from the PC police. What is your point in judging me? Did I single you out? No I didn't. Give it a rest. What is it with newbies around here lately? I am entitled to my opinion. If you don't like it, skip over it. I believe it was you who said, "If you have nothing constructive to write, then don't". I suggest you practice what you preach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 am 
Regular

I think that the format discussion has been....... discussed to death :roll:

Personally I wouldn't care if they were released on TDK-D90 cassettes.

It would just be nice to get my hands on some of these much sought-after items.

Allen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 am 
Regular

We don't need to descend into arguements here. :shock: Let the comments remain constructive and if you want to argue, take it to pm so we don't have to be a part of it.
And let ''newbies'' find their feet here Astro, don't scare them off. csp is entitled to his opionion just as much as you are. Everyone is entitiled to their opinion here and shouldn't be afraid to voice it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 am 
New in Town

astrophobia wrote:
Thanks for the lecture. So I am a male who is sexist in regards to males? That's fecking brilliant. I'll be expecting a knock at any moment from the PC police. What is your point in judging me? Did I single you out? No I didn't. Give it a rest. What is it with newbies around here lately? I am entitled to my opinion. If you don't like it, skip over it. I believe it was you who said, "If you have nothing constructive to write, then don't". I suggest you practice what you preach.

Males are often sexist to other males, more so than females at times, I suspect you don't understand the term?

...And now you are discriminating against "newbies". Number of posts has nothing to do with opinion entitlement, surely? As a 30+ years listener/collector of Bill's music, I think I'm anything but a "newbie".

There are always people on forums that think they own them and have the right to direct any thread. Not to worry, I will now ignore you as you suggest as you indeed have nothing to say.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next