www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 10:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Question ? If Bill were to re-issue one or more of the following albums as a 'lossless' FLAC download for you to burn to CD. Which ones would you want ? The download would also include high quality 300dpi artwork for you to print out.
The Alchemical Adventures Of Sailor Bill 12%  12%  [ 17 ]
Neptune's Galaxy 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
The Romance Of Sustain 33%  33%  [ 45 ]
Orpheus In Ultraland 28%  28%  [ 39 ]
Custom Deluxe 13%  13%  [ 18 ]
Dreamland To Starboard 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 138
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:57 pm 
Regular

Fellini wrote:
BlackPaperCrown wrote:
I bought an N09 ticket, even though I could not attend.

Interesting concept, but I hope it doesn't catch on. Nelsonica is a gathering of people. Imagine if all the tickets were bought by people who wouldn't be attending, just wanted the goodies.

Jeepers :shock: I had never for one minute thought of that. My primary concern was to ensure Bill got the money and I did what I could to make up for not being able to attend.

Was I wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:56 pm 
New in Town

Question:

If Bill were to re-issue one or more of the following albums as a 'lossless' FLAC download for you to burn to CD. Which ones would you want ? The download would also include high quality 300dpi artwork for you to print out.

Answer:

Orpheus in Ultraland (voted for this one as I do not have it, and have heard nothing but great things about it in Dreamsville)

Neptunes Gaxaly (would vote for this one as well as I do not have it either)

Others that I do not own and would want to obtain/here:

Plaything
Arcadian Salon
Whistling While the World Turns
Wah Wah Galaxy
Noise Candy
Luxury Lodge

Cheerful Notes on the other choices in the subject Poll:

Sailor Bill (I purchased this one thru Dreamsville/SOS ... I remember waiting for this one to show up in the mail ... the nite before it showed up I watched the movie Jaws in it's entirety ... the next day I was back "out to sea" listening to Sailor Bill :lol:)

Romance of Sustain and Dreamland to Starboard were the first two CD's I sought out for (thanks to recommendations in Dreamsville) and purchased on Ebay ... the Ebay experience wasn't cheerful ... just the music :wink:

Custome Deluxe (another CD I obtained thru Ebay ... one of my personal favorites now (along with Dreamland to Starboard & Romance of Sustain) ... Guitar Instrumental heaven with a lot of cool voice samples and sound effects)

Thanks Bill, SOS and Dreamsvillemembers.

PS: save those never released in CD format for proper CD release in the same vein as Getting the Holy Ghost Across!

Post subject: Bill's Downloads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:53 pm 
New in Town

Orpheus in Ultraland - This would have to be the one - Having bought all of bill's output from Bebop to today - this is the only gap in my collection (apart from 'Caliban' also)
Especially after reading about the views of others on Orpheus here - This would be a 'must purchase'!
Stay Young

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:23 pm 
Regular

Fab name!!! This is my real name btw 2, so I'm ALWAYS Young haha!!! :lol:

Post subject: Bill's Downloads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:51 pm 
New in Town

Thank you Carole

It's not my real name though!
My company is Radar!
So I guess I can be Radar Rog if I want!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 pm 
The Citizen

Well, 'Orpheus In Ultraland' will definitely be one of the first batch of downloads, when I get around to it! :wink: :lol:

Post subject: Orpheus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 am 
New in Town

Well that is superb - Thank you Bill - Can't wait now for that email Link!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:30 pm 
Regular

What's the latest on the download situation Bill/SOS? Have enough votes been counted?..has a decision been made on which/how many albums may be available?.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:56 pm 
Regular

I haven't read this thread in great detail so apologies in advance in this is repeating something that's already been posted.

If people prefer CDs there's an alternative solution. Low volume CD runs can be expensive. However, on another artist forum I post on there was an opportunity to get some out of print CDs produced and paid for in advance by the forumites - I think demand for some was as low as 150 but people forked out £25 per CD and as far as I am aware none have yet made it to Evil Bay.

Just a thought - I'm not sure how many people there are on this forum or could be emailed by SOS (purchasers of Bills CDs online).

We also did it with a DVD from Danish TV, although that costs £50 per person. Again it's not on YouTube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:29 am 
Regular

Well, see... here's the thing(s):

1. I'm a technically-adept Luddite. I'm still clinging to Windows XP, fergossakes, & only made it THAT far because my Win 98 machine died a gruesome death. To date, I have downloaded exactly two songs (freebies from the artists, fwiw). So, I'm reluctant, but willing to jump in if an audio wonk llike Nelson say the water's fine.

2. Since the five choices are all OOP, I can't locate a "taster" area, & so have to rely on the opinions of y'all.

I guess I'm very interested, but really don't have the basis for an opinion.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next