www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 pm 

Sue wrote:
To be fair TS, you don't know how much the ticket price is going to be yet, and Russ has already booked his room at a BandB for 25 quid. So the weekend can be as cheap or as expensive as you choose to make it. There's no reason you and your mates cann't come if you book your BandB early enough. You've had 9 months notice after all.

Bill & the Nelsonica team have always tried to keep the ticket price as reasonable as possible, and we have always felt it really does give great value. Nelsonica really is a full packed day which includes around 3 hours of Bill's live sets and then on top of that you get a free CD (or even a double cd ), which, if we're brutally honest, end up being worth more than the original ticket price!
The team are already hard at the preparations, and our aim is to make the 10th anniversary Nelsonica the most memorable yet ... after all, as Bill intimated, there's no guarantee there's going to be an eleventh !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:56 pm 
Regular

Since we now know the dates of N10 , it might help matters along if people can post links to good value hotels / B&B's , I'm sure York being the size it is & the fact we have 9 months to go , can still yield up bargains for accommodation , I think the Premier Lodge is walk-able from the Park Inn & still fairly central , when I checked 2 years ago it was the best value Hotel going , Now where are those B&B's :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 pm 
Regular

http://www.bookdirectrooms.com/York-Nor ... 4wodHHMLWQ

Here's quite a good list to start people off if anyone is interested? I'm sure others will add to it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 pm 
Regular

Have to say I'm really looking forward to this year's Nelsonica, Bill! Thank you for being prepared to put on such a major one-off event.

The full concert (with different sections) will definitely be something to remember forever. Wonder if there's any chance of you performing some of my favourite tracks that I've not seen live yet? That would have to include
- Revolt into Style
- anything off Modern Music
- The Ocean, the Night... (possibly acoustic?)
- Blues for Orpheus (please!)
- The Singing in the Air above the Village Green
- Golden Days of Radio
- Night is the Engine of my Imagination

(Mmm, this list could go on for some time, and if past experience says anything, it's that you don't do requests! Still, experience also shows that you always put together a great set list.)

I hope the split over two days doesn't put people off coming. As someone said above, there will be plenty of places that charge reasonable rates for B&B, and what more do you really need if you're out late the first night then out from lunchtime the second day?

Hope to see you all there!

Neill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 pm 

Try some hotels at this link for the weekend.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.ht ... gin=disamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm 
Regular

Phew! I was in a meeting yesterday, when I had to blindly agree some dates for a further meeting in November. The choices were 12/13, 19/20 or 26/27 Nov. Guess which one I went for...the 12/13th..whoo hoo, I managed to get something right! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:39 am 
The Citizen

As has been pointed out...you don't HAVE to stay at the Park Inn or at any other full price hotels...there are other, alternative accomodations: b+b's, motels, and cheaper privately run small hotels.

If I was a rich pop star with a massive Yorkshire castle, you could all stay with me for free AND I'd cook you breakfast AND give every one of the lady Nelsonians a nice aromatherapy massage... :wink:
....But unfortunately, if you want to attend the Nelsonic fun and games, you'll need to use your initiative (and the internet,) and find some reasonably affordable accomodation.

Nevertheless, don't leave it too long as you may find the less expensive places have quickly sold out and that there's no room left anywhere, other than in the more expensive, corporate hotels.

So, what's needed, if this show is to go ahead, is an early commitment from fans to the project. The production costs for Nelsonica this year are more than double the usual outlay so we need plenty of up-front ticket sales to guarantee that the event can happen this year.
Otherwise, if, by a certain point in the year, not enough commitment has been shown, we will, unfortunately, have to cancel the whole thing before we get in too deep. And that, I think, would be very sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:40 am 
New in Town

Yoo ALL !!! ....
Stop whingeing and get yer ackers OUT !!!!.
Bill's a GENIUS. His music has touched us ALL.
So just pay whatever it costs (duck 'n' dive if ya have to);Because one day we won't have the chance to do so.Then you'll only be left with memories of REGRET at having MISSED a golden opportunity.
Si thi at doo .... yer man.

P.S.. Tempus Fugit ....... . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 am 
Regular

Neil some of the folks here are stranded on other continents , they are looking at 6,000 mile + round trips , Bill has fans all over the world , so getting 'Yer Ackers' out is a serious business for them . But you are right about the Tempus Fugit scenario , who knows how long bill will want to do this & thanks for making your first post after five years , Welcome to the Inn at last :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 am 
Regular

Hi all

I think that the amount of effort that Bill, and the Nelsonica team, have already expended on putting N10 together is probably beyond the comprehension of most of us that have never organised such an event. Not to mention the amount of work still to come!! :shock:

May I say a B-I-G "thank you" for that to you all.

I, for one, am looking forward immensely to the whole shebang.

To those of you for whom it is the wrong date, the wrong place, the wrong price etc etc please feel free to keep your negative opinions to yourselves and, may I humbly suggest, spend your time and energy more positively finding alternative and imaginative solutions to the problems that you perceive. In short, put up or shut up! :evil:

Bring it on Bill, there will be hundreds of us there with you :)

Kind regards - meangreenie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next