www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:21 pm 
Regular

meangreenie wrote:
Andy George wrote: "please don't belittle the dilemma that some face, financially and logistically to attend"

Andy, it was not my intention to "belittle" anyone and I apologise unreservedly to anyone who felt that way having read my earlier post.

Kind regards - meangreenie

No need to apologise Meanie, we're all friends here, just thought you were a bit dismissive of the efforts some will have to go thru to attend nelsonica... :)

See you there buddy..

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 pm 

Re alternative hotels to stay in.
For non-UK visitors to Nelsonica, you are probably not familiar with our hotel groups and so it's always difficult to know what you're going to get for your money.
Other than the Park Inn which is the Nelsonica venue, there are a number of hotels within reasonable walking distance. The nearest is the Premier Inn, Blossom Street, (York City), approx 500 yards away. www.premierinn.com
Further down the same road are many more hotels and B&Bs
These are:
Elm Bank Hotel, www.elmbankhotel.com
Marriot http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel ... ott-hotel/
Holiday Inn www.holidayinn.co.uk

Hope that helps
Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:39 pm 
Regular

Location: Florida (sitting by the window, in a house at the end of time)
Thanks once again for everyone's help in finding affordable accommodations for those of us not familiar with the area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Peter wrote -

I will be there, though it will mean leaving my family on a major holiday and flying on the worst weekend to fly of the year. Again, I WILL be there. Smiling, thrilled and distributing hugs!

I'll have a beer ready for you at the bar when you arrive pal , glad you can make it :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:15 pm 
Regular

I will be looking forward to it, James! For me, yes the Bill Nelson-y stuff is FANTASTIC...but it is being able to meet and spend time with all of you, my Dreamsville friends, that makes the event. That is the main reason I am so happy about the elongated schedule -- more time to meet people, and to talk to them. On previous trips, I have always felt that there were people I didn't see, and those I neglected. (Felt awful in '08 about having conversations with juninho and Steve Gillies cut short by events happening around us. Hope to rectify that this year.) I am looking forward to feeling less rushed. I also hope to get be able to see some people outside of the event as well, if circumstances permit. I am also going to drink less beer and more tea, to help me stay awake longer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:22 pm 
Regular

Ok. Just booked a room at Lady Anne Middleton on Skeldergate for me and Mrs Merikan1. A bit pricey :( but, as someone said, within staggering distance. Looked at the Travelodge which is bit closer. However it doesn't have a restaurant. No hearty English breakfast to give us the stamina that we will need for the days.

So, put me down for 2 tickets please Mr Mayor. Our deposit on the room is non-refundable, so no changing the dates now!

As aside, I envy the those that will be staying at the Park Inn. Staying at the venue, as we did at the lovely Crown (no complaints here), really does enhance the experience. And the staggering distance will be decidely shorter. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:33 pm 
Regular

Well aside from my initial moaning :lol: I am looking forwards to making the trip....I am going to stay at the Park Inn....sod the cost :shock: so Thursday the 25th in York for the pre-nelsonica shindig anyone? although I havent had a drop to drink in almost a year....not since Bill Frisell in San fran with Peter....could be interesting :lol:
cheers
steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm 
Regular

Steve:
We will be coming in on Friday as early as we can, so we will have to party after the concert :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 pm 
Regular

Sounds good to me Scott..
:lol:

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:35 pm 
Regular

Thanks Andy :D looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Can't wait for this years event

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next