www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson LIVE at Sensoria Festival - Sheffield
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:55 pm 
Regular

:Imperial Parade Deano :D

WHY
http://youtu.be/todLN22_G9E

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:47 pm 
Regular

Many thanks Gavin. I'm now hoping that appears on a release from Bill in the not too distant future. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:34 pm 
Regular

Hi Bill,

Have you set aside any completed tracks that will eventually appear on the ROS Painting With Guitars Vol. 2? Will it include material that you already have saved as well as music that's unrecorded? You mentioned a while back that you anticipated it being better that the original Vol. 1, and I'm having trouble imagining that. :D Just wondering if you've started to put together a tracklist for it yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:03 pm 
The Citizen

A Kinder Light wrote:
Have you set aside any completed tracks that will eventually appear on the ROS Painting With Guitars Vol. 2? Will it include material that you already have saved as well as music that's unrecorded? You mentioned a while back that you anticipated it being better that the original Vol. 1, and I'm having trouble imagining that. Just wondering if you've started to put together a tracklist for it yet.

Not yet...life has been pretty full-on and very work intense with re-release projects, live concerts and website duties. I also have three new albums awaiting completion and release before 'Painting With Guitars Volume 2' can be got underway...but the latter may (hopefully,) be ready for release in November to coincide with the 'Return To Tomorrow' tour. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:39 pm 
New in Town

Thank you BJCAshton & Iron Man for the tracklisting and their origins. 'Blue Amorini' was especially affecting, especially combined with the shots of the moonlit streets, and I'm very interested in hearing that one again.

Last edited by Undercoverman on Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:44 pm 
Regular

Ah, I see. I admit I was being cheeky about this (not your experience with her, just the idea that anyone would name or post a photo!) but I appreciate the additional info. And it is reassuring that it was not one of our Nelsonettes. Couldn't imagine that at all.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:43 pm 
New in Town

I've edited the post because I'd really rather not let any monument of a fantastic night be dominated by an unpleasant experience. Bill's playing was sublime and a complete joy to listen to from start to finish. The entrance was as low-key as the material demanded and a very neat segue into the set proper. Not a second was wasted and the 'different' setting dictated an abstracted form of the spectacle of live music - the focus was very much on the music and the visuals rather than Bill as a performer, which I assumed informed his modesty. I would also suspect that it takes a certain degree of courage, focus and determination to get into the correct frame of mind to channel the music and images evocative of a dreamstate - a stream of unconsciousness isn't something you can be too aware of your immediate surroundings for. I thought the venue was perfect for the music and the 'muted response' (which, from my position, was enthusiastic applause - nothing wrong with that), I think, was in reverence of the music. It just didn't seem appropriate to cheer. I'm reminded of the audience response on a live recording I have of another artist Bill has worked with, at the Hammersmith Odeon on his first solo tour, where the audience only ever applaud. It's not that they're unappreciative - as much as different types of music provoke different types of reactions in different people, I think Bill's music on this night provoked a certain type of reaction in the audience and informed their response.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 pm 
Regular

I was one of the lucky ones who attended the Sensoria concert and thought the concert a success in every way. The music and guitar playing, as already said by many, was superb and heartlifting.

The fact that the concert was also an `art installation` maybe contributed to the reverence shown, or considered to be shown to Bill and his work when the applause was due.

I would visit such a concert, or `art installation` every night of the week if Bill wishes to perform this way in the future. I live in Sheffield so if you decide to take me up on this option, then Bill you can have the spare room - no charge!!

Breakfast is on me also!!!
A superb evening!!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:29 am 
The Citizen

DEBTWORKER333 wrote:
I would visit such a concert, or `art installation` every night of the week if Bill wishes to perform this way in the future. I live in Sheffield so if you decide to take me up on this option, then Bill you can have the spare room - no charge!!

Many thanks, Debtworker333! Glad you enjoyed the music and visuals! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:40 pm 
Regular

Bill.......are you being forced into doing live stuff?

We all know yr feelings about live playing and wanting to concentrate on creating new stuff....but I get the impression you are being led towards live stuff and reissues......if it earns you a bit of dosh then I can't see a problem with it ( it's like me selling a leather jacket on Ebay! :) )

I just hope you are happy with what you are doing right now

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next