www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: BILL NELSON LIVE - October 1st
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:36 pm 
Regular

Thanks to Bill for a great gig, I really did enjoy it. Plus all the support personel who pulled it off.

Also a big thank you to Peter Cook for driving us up there and back- door to door. Great service. It was also good to meet fellow Nelsonians including Ian and Iron Man, who shared the trip and to meet up with the others in the Fenton and at the venue. It's all a bit like one big happy (deliquent) family : )

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:54 pm 
Regular

Superb concert again Bill - well done! The venue really suits your music, with the extra bonus of hearing you on piano and vibraphone (or was it xylophone, I get confused!). Great sound too, so extra thanks to all John Spence and all the tech team.

The Orchestra Futura set was again the highlight for me. It's now bordering on the criminal for this group to have made so much awesome live music without producing a CD :wink: :wink: Is there any chance that such a recording will ever appear?

Thanks again

Neill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm 
Regular

neill_burgess wrote:
Superb concert again Bill - well done! The venue really suits your music, with the extra bonus of hearing you on piano and vibraphone (or was it xylophone, I get confused!). Great sound too, so extra thanks to all John Spence and all the tech team.

The Orchestra Futura set was again the highlight for me. It's now bordering on the criminal for this group to have made so much awesome live music without producing a CD :wink: :wink: Is there any chance that such a recording will ever appear?

Thanks again

Neill

I think it was a marimba, glad Bill didn't get stuck inside the piano doing his John Cage bit, sounded good though!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:47 pm 
Regular

Michael G wrote:
Thanks to Bill for a great gig, I really did enjoy it. Plus all the support personel who pulled it off.

Also a big thank you to Peter Cook for driving us up there and back- door to door. Great service. It was also good to meet fellow Nelsonians including Ian and Iron Man, who shared the trip and to meet up with the others in the Fenton and at the venue. It's all a bit like one big happy (deliquent) family : )

Michael

Pleasure Michael - shame about the last 30 miles of traffic. Next year we'll need a bus!

p.s. I just found that a warm Sunday afternoon is the perfect condition to listen to Model Village - this album will take some patience for me, but I found the today provided a perfect setting to begin to get to grips with its complexities and movements. I suspect that Signals from Realms of Light will be more immediate for me as it was very enjoyable at an immediate level on the journey back last night.

Model Village evokes a kind of memory of Sundays that were less fragmented and busy and a nice doorway back into that era, speaking personally. Nice cock on the front as well :D I sincerely hope that no chickens were forced to perform below Musician's Union rates on the recording!

WEB www.academy-of-rock.co.uk www.humdyn.co.uk
BREXIT RAGE songs http://brexitrage.com
Articles www.virgin.com/person/peter-cook
Ambient Music https://academy-of-rock.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:48 pm 
Regular

Peter Cook wrote:
Nice cock on the front as well :D I sincerely hope that no chickens were forced to perform below Musician's Union rates on the recording!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:12 pm 
Regular

Peter Cook wrote:
Michael G wrote:

Michael

Pleasure Michael - shame about the last 30 miles of traffic. Next year we'll need a bus!

p.s. I just found that a warm Sunday afternoon is the perfect condition to listen to Model Village - this album will take some patience for me, but I found the today provided a perfect setting to begin to get to grips with its complexities and movements. I suspect that Signals from Realms of Light will be more immediate for me as it was very enjoyable at an immediate level on the journey back last night.

Model Village evokes a kind of memory of Sundays that were less fragmented and busy and a nice doorway back into that era, speaking personally. Nice cock on the front as well :D I sincerely hope that no chickens were forced to perform below Musician's Union rates on the recording!

Though I didn't get Model Village I did listen to it on the way back and was impressed, reminded me a bit of "Sailor Bill", that kind of mood, I'm sure Bill paid the chickens well, then had a nice lunch out of it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:18 pm 
Regular

And thanks from me to Peter for getting us to Leeds and back safely, and Jeremy & Michael for being good company and travelling companions.

I enjoyed both sets, and had a really good day. The infestation of roadworks surrounding London continued today - it took me nearly 3 hours to drive the 50 odd miles to the South Coast this morning!

Thanks also to Bill, everyone who made it happen and everyone who went as they all made the experience possible. And Roy Harper too (or at least his webmaster) for making me aware of the 'legends' series. Roy was on Jules Holland week before last - why can't Bill Nelson do a number or two on 'Later...'?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:28 pm 
Regular

Would just like to echo the positive sentiments posted - was my first concert and enjoyed it immensely - looking forward to the next one. And a big Hi to Tadios - nice to meet you and see you next time!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:41 pm 
The Citizen

Nice to hear the stories of how you all eventually get to meet and become pals...it seems it's not only a fan base but also an 'extended family!' :lol: Seriously though...I'm pleased that my music has brought so many of you into contact with each other. Music can be a powerful social magnet sometimes, eh? :D :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 pm 
Regular

ianthomas37 wrote:
And thanks from me to Peter for getting us to Leeds and back safely, and Jeremy & Michael for being good company and travelling companions.

I enjoyed both sets, and had a really good day. The infestation of roadworks surrounding London continued today - it took me nearly 3 hours to drive the 50 odd miles to the South Coast this morning!

Thanks also to Bill, everyone who made it happen and everyone who went as they all made the experience possible. And Roy Harper too (or at least his webmaster) for making me aware of the 'legends' series. Roy was on Jules Holland week before last - why can't Bill Nelson do a number or two on 'Later...'?

Thank you for keeping me awake on the long journey back from Leeds. The tour bus is booked for our next outing Ian.

WEB www.academy-of-rock.co.uk www.humdyn.co.uk
BREXIT RAGE songs http://brexitrage.com
Articles www.virgin.com/person/peter-cook
Ambient Music https://academy-of-rock.bandcamp.com/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8