www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Very Special Announcement Regarding 1st October
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 pm 
The Citizen

It isn't financially practical to produce commercially manufactured, larger quantities of this mini-album at this time as the budget for the exhibition/concert event is sailing dangerously close to the wind, hence the hand-made CDR, one per ticket holder approach. These will be unique objects, hand signed and numbered by myself and laboriously burned, one at a time, from the master I've assembled. They are intended as a collectable, promotional, bonus item to help support the viability of the exhibition and concert itself and, as such, are to be regarded as quite different from any future releases of the archive material in other forms.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 pm 
Regular

It's a stroke of genius and generosity from the artist to the listeners who most appreciate Bill's music. I wish the big mean music industry out there would look and learn ! What a shame I wont be there for this. Happy with Fantasmatron for now though !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:36 pm 
Regular

I think its a wonderful to present attendees with a unique "Artifact" like this 8) there was a time when I would have been beside myself not being able to obtain one for myself....but quite oddly I am content :shock: ....i love all of Bills music.....but am really very happy to hear his "next" album.....hey maybe Im growing up :lol:
cheers y'all
steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:51 pm 
New in Town

A nice gesture thank you.Looking forward to my first ever Bill Nelson gig. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:32 pm 
Regular

Even MORE seriously cheesed off about having to work away that weekend!! Especially as I contributed to the purchase of the gear back in the day. :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 pm 
Regular

It would be very welcome if some of the unreleased PCM-F1 material showed up as bonus tracks on the Cherry Red reissue schedule. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 pm 
The Citizen

Wasp In Aspic wrote:
It would be very welcome if some of the unreleased PCM-F1 material showed up as bonus tracks on the Cherry Red reissue schedule.

Actually, I have already allowed Cherry Red to include some out of print tracks in the box set, although they are not part of their main licensing agreement/ deal, (and are certainly not, please note, anything to do with the PCM-F1 tracks mentioned above.)
But, to add even more ttracks to the box set would not be possible in terms of disc space or sensible from the artist's financial, contractural position. I'd be shooting myself in the foot! :wink: In that respect, the box is closed.

Apologies but you'll have to wait until I have the time and cash flow to create an official, properly mastered and professionally packaged release of the PCM archive material.
Remember, this CDR mini-album isn't just about the music, it's about a hand made artifact, an object which will, one day, become historically valuable to fans as a rare souvenir of having attended the Leeds concert/exhibition, and collectable for those that didn't make it. And its practical function is to help make the October 1st event possible by encouraging people to buy tickets. As I've mentioned elsewhere...the production costs of putting this 40th anniversary event event on are substantial, and the cdr is, hopefully, a way of encouraging ticket sales.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:19 pm 
Regular

Wow - this is an unexpected bonus. In many ways unnecessary - but then aren't the best gifts like that!

I'd already been looking forward to the gig a lot - now even more so!!

Thanks yet again Bill

Regards

Neill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:46 am 
Regular

Bill, can we please get these tracks available as a download from your site? I'd gladly pay for it, as would any fan in the US and elsewhere who just can't get to your concert.

Brook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Shame I can't be an October Man; getting to Leeds may be a bit of a stretch. ;) :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next