www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Very Special Announcement Regarding 1st October
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:39 am 
Regular

I never get involved in these debates, but here is my two cents on this one: I have no problem with attendees getting the special CD. From a pure marketing standpoint, it serves as an excellent carrot to increase ticket sales. BTW, I will not be attending, so I speak objectively on this one.

Conversely, I do believe any persons who contributed to the purchase of the transfer equipment some years back should get a copy (even if purchased) -- simply because of their previous generosity. Of course, I assume records were kept of these contributors. I did not contribute, so I am again being objective here.

How's that for taking the middle ground!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 pm 
Regular

Sounds like a neat gift! I love the 80s material a whole lot. I'm jealous I must say, but then if I had a melt down over every bit of Bill I will never hear I would be typing this from a sanitarium about now! :lol:

Enjoy the show everyone, and if you are feeling generous email me and I'll give you my telephone number so you can play the tracks to me by holding the phone up to the speakers. I wonder how long my voice mail recordings are! :P :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:47 pm 
Regular

RJR wrote:
Conversely, I do believe any persons who contributed to the purchase of the transfer equipment some years back should get a copy (even if purchased) -- simply because of their previous generosity. Of course, I assume records were kept of these contributors. I did not contribute, so I am again being objective here.

How's that for taking the middle ground!

I think ( and I could very well be wrong) that Bill did give the contributors a one off CD of unreleased music...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:17 pm 
Regular

I agree

MondoJohnny wrote:
Sounds like a neat gift! I love the 80s material a whole lot. I'm jealous I must say, but then if I had a melt down over every bit of Bill I will never hear I would be typing this from a sanitarium about now! :lol:

Enjoy the show everyone, and if you are feeling generous email me and I'll give you my telephone number so you can play the tracks to me by holding the phone up to the speakers. I wonder how long my voice mail recordings are! :P :wink:

I'll just repeat something I've posted before.

How many artists are as accessible, open and generous to their fans as Bill ? We all know the answer is not many.

Enjoy your rare cdr's my friends, you deserve them for supporting this event. Many of us would probably give our ( or at least someone elses) right arm to own or even just hear one but no one should begrudge you your free gifts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:58 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Wasp In Aspic wrote:
It would be very welcome if some of the unreleased PCM-F1 material showed up as bonus tracks on the Cherry Red reissue schedule.

Actually, I have already allowed Cherry Red to include some out of print tracks in the box set, although they are not part of their main licensing agreement/ deal, (and are certainly not, please note, anything to do with the PCM-F1 tracks mentioned above.)
But, to add even more ttracks to the box set would not be possible in terms of disc space or sensible from the artist's financial, contractural position. I'd be shooting myself in the foot! :wink: In that respect, the box is closed.

Apologies but you'll have to wait until I have the time and cash flow to create an official, properly mastered and professionally packaged release of the PCM archive material.
Remember, this CDR mini-album isn't just about the music, it's about a hand made artifact, an object which will, one day, become historically valuable to fans as a rare souvenir of having attended the Leeds concert/exhibition, and collectable for those that didn't make it. And its practical function is to help make the October 1st event possible by encouraging people to buy tickets. As I've mentioned elsewhere...the production costs of putting this 40th anniversary event event on are substantial, and the cdr is, hopefully, a way of encouraging ticket sales.

Thanks for the reply Bill. Looking forward to finding the answer to The Burning Question which out of print tracks are included in the box set. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:03 pm 
Regular

Is there any other way to pay or reserve a ticket other than sending a cheque? Been so long since i used one, don't know where cheque book is!! Soon gonna be kiboshed when cheques are phased out.... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 pm 
Regular

dean.nixxon wrote:
Is there any other way to pay or reserve a ticket other than sending a cheque? Been so long since i used one, don't know where cheque book is!! Soon gonna be kiboshed when cheques are phased out.... :shock:

Welcome to Dreamsville dean.nixxon :wink:

You may be able to send a postal order, but I would check with 'Man in the rexine pyjamas' before doing so.

Send him a pm message to check if this is allowable.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 pm 
Regular

Faboo, that was when some people bought some of Bill's old gear and got the Caliban and the Chrome Harmonium disc. Others of us donated for the purchace of the tape machine on FleaBay for Bill to revisit those tapes.

Well, it can't be that difficult to make this music available as a download...and it can be profitable. And as an added bonus, no one gets left out!

Brook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:16 am 
The Citizen

Unfortunately, there is no technical facility available for purchasing downloads from this site. The Dreamsville website is hosted by Sound-On-Sound magazine's servers, for which I'm very grateful, but there are limitations as to what can be provided as part of that service without it causing problems for SOS.

Also, if we were able to offer the 'Hip Pocket Jukebox' mini-album as a downloadable item, doing so would negate its function as a promotional item for the Oct 1st concert. So...the only way to obtain the six songs at this point in time is to purchase a concert ticket and come along to pick up your free cdr.

As I've said before, Hip Pocket Jukebox is as much about the physical CDR artefact as the music...a unique, collectable, hand made, personally signed, numbered and registered item.

The music itself will, possibly at some point in the future, be made available as part of a series of commercial releases, gathering together various tracks from the PCM archives...But for now, this small fragment of the archived material is being offered only as a promotional, bonus item for concert attendees.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:49 am 
Regular

I'm really exited about attending the gig in Leeds. The concept is absolutely spot on with all of Bill's ART on "display", + a bonus piece of music. FANTASTIC. See you all there. Erik 8)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next