www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW CDs - 'Signals From Realms Of Light' and 'Model Vill
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:41 am 
The Citizen

DONCASTER ROVER wrote:
As an old time Bill fan (well since 1975 when i was young) but a new member of Dreamsville i'd like to say how much i have enjoyed reading all your posts and decided that it was high time that i got involved. I was at the Leeds gig and thoroughly enjoyed the day and it was good to be in the company of people with impeccable musical taste. We should be proud to be carrying the flag for real music by real musicians.

A very warm welcome from me too, Chris. I'm pleased you enjoyed last Saturday's concert and exhibition. :D Hope you will equally enjoy contributing to our Dreamsville community! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 pm 
Regular

Hi All,

Ordered my Model Village & Signals Cds Wednesday and they have just been delivered!!!! That's tonights entertainment sorted thanks SOS!!!

Also hello To Doncaster Rover (great user name) from another Chris.

Cheers :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:57 pm 
Regular

Thank you all very much for your warm welcome to this excellent fraternity and i'm sure we will have many hours of fun over the coming years. And thanks to Chris novemberman, i'm glad you like my user name. Another life long obsession of mine!

Citizen Nelson - very pleased to read your personal welcome note, that's the reason you mean so much to us. If only there were more like you. I :D played Signals last night for the first time and was blown away from the 1st minute to the 68th. A work of art and i can't wait to play Model Village this evening.

Best wishes to you all
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:17 pm 
Regular

After listening to Model Village on my i pod all morning while working I can only say it is an incredible piece of music.The imagery it conjures up is amazing.I can imagine it being played live from start to finish accompanied by all the images as a backdrop - SUPERB !! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:56 pm 
The Citizen

martin jordan wrote:
After listening to Model Village on my i pod all morning while working I can only say it is an incredible piece of music.The imagery it conjures up is amazing.

And that's music to my ears, Martin! :D Thanks for the kind words and glad you're enjoying the new album! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:25 am 
Regular

Just a quick piece of feedback as I'm too excited to wait until I've heard both albums properly :oops: :lol:

Model Village is kind of epic in it's scope although it's subject matter is small :wink:

It will take a few concerted listens before a an in-depth review is possible but I can say that it is one of those fantastic sonic jigsaws that Bill graces us with now and then 8)

Signals From Realms Of Light is one of those albums with instant reward. It's got all of the attributes that Nelsonians of all vintages will enjoy :wink:

Gorgeous guitar, Chimes, Piano, lush synths, cool science fiction type sounds, they're all there in abundance.

An absolute triumph, I am instantly hooked on this album and will no doubt leave it on repeat for most of today 8) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:27 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Once again SOS has excelled in the express postage department. This order has, literally, gone half way around the world in under seven days.

Thanks SOS people!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:37 pm 
New in Town

SOS have excelled again. Both albums dropped through the door today. That's my listening pleasure sorted out for the next few days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm 
Regular

mmmmmmm........Immediate thoughts.

Only just had the chance to listen to both in full and I'm in a bit of a quandry.

Model Village - The one I was expecting to have trouble with. I LOVE IT. Lush, beautiful, outstanding. I can really visualise the village and it's inhabitants and the artwork sets it off brilliantly.

Signals - The one I was looking forward to most after the descriptions. Not quite sure. (Really like Beam Service though.) Need to let it grow on me.

Maybe shouldn't play them together as they're so different in style, outlook and mood.

Bloody Bill Nelson. Always surprising.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
zebrapolish wrote:
Bloody Bill Nelson. Always surprising.

And inspiring!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next