www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: BILL NELSON ON CHERRY RED TV.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:47 pm 
The Citizen

Some of you may already know that I was in London last week to record a video interview for Cherry Red Records 'Cherry Red TV' internet tv channel.
The interview was conducted by Esoteric Records label manager, Mark Powell and is focussed on the period covered by the upcoming Cocteau Discs/Esoteric 8 cd/40 year compilation box set.

The interview is now up on the Cherry Red TV website. When you go to it, click on 'artist's interviews' and select Bill Nelson.
Here's a link:

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/other/cherry ... rviews.htm

Enjoy! :D

Post subject: Re: BILL NELSON ON CHERRY RED TV.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:53 pm 
Regular

Thanks for the link!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 pm 
Regular

Listening now, Bill.

The link takes you to the Label interviews. Look for the Artist interview tab. Bill is at the top.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm 
Regular

Many thanks, Bill.

A very enjoyable interview.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:40 pm 
Regular

Excellent interview!
Rather of a lot of shoegazing Sir William-the screen does light up when we can all vada that bona eek of yours! :lol:

"THINKING GIVES YOU WRINKLES!"
(Malibu Stacey)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:27 pm 
New in Town

Excellent interview, if a little stiff. Wouldn't have killed you to strum a few notes... :wink:

By the way, I'm still waiting for my Be Bop box, ordered more than 3 weeks ago from Amazon.uk. Would you happen to know if they are familiar with airplanes? I'm assuming my set is coming by raft across the Atlantic, then when it reaches American soil will continue by stagecoach. By the time it arrives, it will be time for the next remastering...

If your CDs sold here are sent similarly, please let me know when I order and I'll swim over to get them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:38 pm 
Regular

Spice,

You'll have no such problems with delivery from Sound on Sound. Ask any of your fellow countrymen on here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:34 pm 
The Citizen

Buying from SOS via the Dreamsville Department Store is the quickest way to obtain my albums if you live in the 'States, (plus it's the only place you can buy my new albums from anyway.)

By the way, the Be Bop Deluxe set isn't actually in a box as such. It's a jewel case style package containing five cds. And, as it is an EMI release, it is only available through retail outlets and is not available from this website's store.
Amazon, whilst being a huge retailer, do seem to sometimes have supply problems. I have no idea why that should be but I do know that American fans buying my solo work direct from Dreamsville are full of praise for Sound-On-Sound's delivery service. I'm sure that, if you decide to order something more recent, (and if you haven't already, you really should,) you'll have no problem with delivery times. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:48 pm 
New in Town

Thanks for the info Bill. It showed up yesterday! Very cool jewel box. After I devour it I'll be back to start on your solo works. I'm 56 now, so hopefully I'll have enough time to catch up. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm 
Regular

Hi All,

I managed to watch the interview peicemeal during lunch breaks at work (I didn't expect it to be 50min long). Really great to hear about the background to some of the albums but what was a real treat was just hearing Bill speak as I don't think I've heard an interview with him before.

I then had a flashback to my youth and I wonder if anyone else has this memory.

I recall a program hosted by the DJ Mike Read called Pop Quiz (or something similar) which was a kind of musical Question Of Sport with 2 teams of music celebrities answering pop questions, and I recall Bill being a guest on it, I would guess around 1980.

So that would be the only other time I've heard Bill speak.

Anyway great interview and it has made me more impatient for the box set to arrive
Cheers :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next