www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: BILL NELSON ON CHERRY RED TV.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:03 pm 
Regular

Hi
Caught this on Youtube when watching old BeBop vids;they were the first live band i ever saw at Wolverhampton Civic in 1977 supported by the Steve Gibbons Band and went to all following tours up until the Red Noise gig at the Birmingham Odeon when the band were heckled badly and i remember thinking this is the end---so i sort of lost touch with things after that but after watching this interview looks like i've missed a lot--i really would love to see Bill live again after this and must catch up to see if i even like his stuff now :shock: :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 pm 
Regular

Tangoman wrote:
Hi
Caught this on Youtube when watching old BeBop vids;they were the first live band i ever saw at Wolverhampton Civic in 1977 supported by the Steve Gibbons Band and went to all following tours up until the Red Noise gig at the Birmingham Odeon when the band were heckled badly and i remember thinking this is the end---so i sort of lost touch with things after that but after watching this interview looks like i've missed a lot--i really would love to see Bill live again after this and must catch up to see if i even like his stuff now :shock: :D

Welcome to dreamsville Tangoman :D

For a gentle introduction into where Bill is at now, pop over to the Salon and purchase Fancy Planets. This album is probably the closest thing Bill has done to Be Bop Deluxe since :wink:

If budget allows, also pick up Clocks And Dials. Stock is running low on this double album which is crammed full of fantastic music which further bridges the gap between Be Bop Deluxe and now.

It's impossible in a short space of time to describe the many twists and turns and different hues of Bill's music since Red Noise but I believe these albums are a good place to start.

Also and importantly, purchasing these albums direct from Sound On Sound is the best way to ensure that Bill is receiving his rightful commission :wink:

If these albums meet your approval I would simply check out the sound samples in the Salon and just dive in for your next purchase. In fact, check out the samples anyway but be aware, you really need to hear these compositions in full in order to do them justice 8)

Happy listening :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 pm 
Regular

Right those are on order---see where we go from there :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 pm 
Regular

felixt1 wrote:
Tangoman wrote:
For a gentle introduction into where Bill is at now, pop over to the Salon and purchase Fancy Planets. This album is probably the closest thing Bill has done to Be Bop Deluxe since :wink: If budget allows, also pick up Clocks And Dials. Stock is running low on this double album which is crammed full of fantastic music which further bridges the gap between Be Bop Deluxe and now. It's impossible in a short space of time to describe the many twists and turns and different hues of Bill's music since Red Noise but I believe these albums are a good place to start. Also and importantly, purchasing these albums direct from Sound On Sound is the best way to ensure that Bill is receiving his rightful commission :wink:
If these albums meet your approval I would simply check out the sound samples in the Salon and just dive in for your next purchase. In fact, check out the samples anyway but be aware, you really need to hear these compositions in full in order to do them justice 8) Happy listening :D

Thanx for the suggestions, just ordered both. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 pm 
The Citizen

Welcome, Tangoman! :D Hope you'll find something amongst the vast variety of albums I've made these last 30 odd years that you'll be able to enjoy. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
Finished listening to the interview yesterday. My favorite part is the end when Bill says he is still looking for his "bulls eye." It is very inspiring that Bill is still striving toward that goal. Could "Joy Through Amplification" be the one?

G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:25 am 
The Citizen

GettingOnTheBeam wrote:
Finished listening to the interview yesterday. My favorite part is the end when Bill says he is still looking for his "bulls eye." It is very inspiring that Bill is still striving toward that goal. Could "Joy Through Amplification" be the one?

Oh...how I wish that were the case...but no. Unfortunately, it will always be the next one, (and the next one, and the next one and the next one...ad infinitum! :wink: ) This is the gypsy's curse that all real artists suffer from. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:22 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Welcome, Tangoman! :D Hope you'll find something amongst the vast variety of albums I've made these last 30 odd years that you'll be able to enjoy. :)

Thanks quite a diverse selection to choose from i can imagine---look forward to meeting you at this years Nelsonica---i'll be wearing orange ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:15 am 
Regular

I don't think Bill does bad interviews. And this one is no exception. He always comes across as a complete gentleman and as cooperative as any interviewer could ever rightfully expect. Personally, I could listen to him tell stories about his experiences all day long. But then again, I don't have a job to get in the way. :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3