www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW CD - Songs Of The Blossom Tree Optimists
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:58 pm 
Regular

Memory Is A Data Cloud Forever Primed With Rain and The Girl Who Was Electrically Carried Away have now both entered the (huge!) collection of songs that I find play through my head at any given time.......

"Time keeps ticking, tick-tock ticking......." 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am 
Regular

After only listening to snippets of this since I got it, I managed to give it my full attention yesterday....and yes, it gets the thumbs up from me! :D

What a lovely collection of songs! 8)

Bill's knack of combining imagery and melodic tunes are very strong on here and I was very taken first time with some of the songs.. :)

The Buzz, Buzz, Buzz of the Forever Bee..Arthur Askey comes to mind!"Oh, what a wonderful thing to be,
A healthy grown up busy busy bee"
:D :lol:

The girl who was electrically carried away..couldn't stop singing this all day yesterday! :lol:

My Bottticelli Angel..another track destined to be a Bill favourite.. 8)

..So, mission accomplished Bill..you've done it again with another album that will, I'm sure, be considered a classic in years to come.. :)

..if you're still not sure about getting this CD, DON'T hesitate...get it now! :!:

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:28 am 
Bar Staff

Totally agree Andy - this is one of my fav Bill albums already .Wonderful lyrics and great melodies - I would strongly recommend those of you who are thinking about buying the album - go for it - you won`t be disappointed :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:23 am 
Regular

I received my copy in the mail today and am giving it a second spin already. My favorite tracks so far are: The Girl Who Was Electrically Carried Away, One Summer Night, These Are The Dreams, Gathered In At Gloaming, and The Blossom Tree Optimists. I will definately be listening to this one alot. Top job once again, Bill.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 pm 
Regular

Mine still hasn't arrived. :(

(Guess it would help if I actually ordered it…)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
wadcorp wrote:
Mine still hasn't arrived. :(

(Guess it would help if I actually ordered it…)

:lol:

Same here.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:56 pm 
Regular

This is actually the first time I've not ordered a just-released Bill Nelson release on the day it became available.

Not that I want to. Just mindful of money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:12 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
wadcorp wrote:
Just mindful of money.
Same here. I'm on a post-holiday season economy drive at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:58 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Angus Dreaming wrote:
Is it possible that future releases can be made available as downloads? I am in the process of moving to a smaller house and need to reduce the number of physical CDs I have.

Unfortunately, there are no plans to make my albums available as downloads at the moment. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about such technology for various reasons, not least because there are no technical facilities available to me to provide safe, paid for downloads direct from this site. I would have to go through one of the major download companies such as iTunes and this would involve various contractural complications and a loss of revenue...so it's not something I'm particularly keen to enter into at this point in time. I'm more concerned about creating tangible, physical, limited edition art-object albums, aimed at collectors.

Thank you for this outlook Bill. Not to mention, the highly compressed sound quality on downloads is crap.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:10 pm 
Regular

mancheeros2 wrote:
Hotel Phoenix mob?! I have no idea who you are talking about and that is the truth. I am a sincere longtime admirer of Bill's work, but I'm having my doubts about certain aspects of his output, as any intelligent consumer of his work is entitled to have, and I'm simply expressing what I feel. Please don't accuse me of being somebody I'm not and don't accuse me of bootlegging Bill's work. I'm saddened to see that as soon as somebody sounds a note of non-conformity on here they are accused of being a troll. Are we on here to only agree with each other on everything, or is a diversity of opinion wanted?

Can't say I disagree so much with others comments on your comments. And I think it's more a case of your tone than anything else. Put it this way, if I were in the position Bill is in, I would be in seventh heaven. To be able to express ones musical thoughts without the 'watering down' the music industry likes to put into new 'product'... that is what a musician wants. And as for Bill's body of work... no I don't like everything he's released. Initially, Red Noise was a car wreck after getting used to BBD... but it was his choice. And eventually, I started to understand what Red Noise was all about. Still not my favorite stuff of his, but at least I now 'get it'. Sometimes it takes years for me to understand a particular piece of music, even long after I think I have it figured out. Maybe that's the case with you on this one. Just saying. And BTW, tell me after listening to the title track of BTO you don't enjoy it. Brilliant song.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next