www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW CD - Songs Of The Blossom Tree Optimists
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:33 pm 
Regular

mancheeros2 wrote:
"I guess it's not what you say, but how you say it...opinions are not absolutes, but when expressed as if they are, it can come across as deliberately confrontational. One man's meat, etc, etc."

So, is one expected to prefix everything one says on here with "In my opinion" or even "In my humble opinion"..?? Surely when one states an opinion, however strong that opinion may be, it is just that, a personal opinion and not an absolute. I don't see how a personal opinion can be confused with an absolute, unless by a timid person.

Also, some folks on here seem to be confusing objectivity with subjectivity. I'm an individual stating a personal opinion based on my emotional response to certain aspects of Bill's work, so why would I want to be objective? Music appreciation is about subjective responses, surely.

Bill is bringing forth the fact that you are expressing your opinion as if it is the be-all end-all decisive description on the subject... which it isn't.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:15 am 
ROYAL MAIL CALLING! thank you, SOS... for the s.o.s. and resuscitation for the breath of fresh bill nelson ice cream floats in the air!

now i can breathe.

remarkable!

glib and light, yet profound in the layering of deep melodic levels and lyrics. the sweetest dreamers are wide awake... venus on a half shell!

such loftiness that i am so privy; sometimes i'm ashamed. (cat'licker upbringin', go figger!)

reminiscent of those golden twangs of rosewood... just loving the lyrics and your voice so much, bill!!!

thank you... thank you, for another wonderful contribution to this mad world. :oops:

barkeep, please... a generous round for the dreamsvillians worldwide... from a botticelli angel

CHEERS! :wink:

p.s. and if anyone knows an "available" gentleman rocketeer wannabe, please hook us up for consideration! seems i've pigeon-holed me-self into such a unique set for mating, that, i'm not sure i'm where i should be! bill nelson music, paris, art, culinary arts, graphic design, lexicography, fashion, being content with my rubinesqueness... what's a digital diva like me to do? :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:16 pm 
Regular

Play a round? (golf lol)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:58 pm 
Billy Wakefield wrote:
Play a round? (golf lol)

:mrgreen:

right after the SANDWICH KING* melts my butta'... a new show premiers in 2 minutes on the food network channel. and he's HOT!

back later, gator... :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:05 am 
Regular

Just giving this one another spin and it's bringing a smile to my face on this dull, misty morning. It's such a happy album, imho anyway, and I know I'm going to have hours of joy with this one, either to enhance a bright sunny day, or to bring the sunshine into a grey one. It's an absolute gem :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:12 pm 
The Citizen

For some people, this album is an instant, warm embrace...for others, it's proved to be a 'grower,' (and for a relative few it has presented something of a challenge, despite its open arms. :lol: )
But it will, I suspect, like 'Sailor Bill,' hit its intended target as time goes on. It's an album designed to stay, (hopefully,) in your heart for a very long time, and not be like some cheap seductress that you feel dissillusioned and regretful about in the morning. 'The Blossom Tree Optimists' are filled with love rather than libido. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 pm 
New in Town

As a newbie to anything post-1980 I do find myself enjoying this album. After only a few plays different things start to come through. This evening I was struck by the guitar sound on Data Cloud Primed With Rain which has this really rich strum and somehow suggests to me the sun bursting through after a downpour with the trees heavy with rain.
The end of Rambling Thru The Meadows has also left me with the image of a carefree rambler suddenly landing in an unwelcome cowpat :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:58 pm 
actually, TBTO is rather seductive in nature... it certainly lured me into its loving embrace rather instantly upon giving its initial listen! :oops: :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:25 pm 
Regular

An instant classic to these ears. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:52 am 
The Citizen

knight on the tiles wrote:
As a newbie to anything post-1980 I do find myself enjoying this album. After only a few plays different things start to come through. This evening I was struck by the guitar sound on Data Cloud Primed With Rain which has this really rich strum and somehow suggests to me the sun bursting through after a downpour with the trees heavy with rain.

Very pleased to hear that you're enjoying new material after such a long abscence, Knight On The Tiles! :) The one thing you can be assured of with each new release is an ecclectic and colourful parade of musical ideas. I hope you will find even more to enjoy. :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next