www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: EXCLUSIVE VIP ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 pm 
Regular

Excellent post Phil.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:33 pm 
Regular

Excellent post Phil, enjoyed that, just makes me more frustrated not being able to hear it... :(

Bill, knowing your reluctance to indulge in the past, ie thrashing guitars and manic solo's and all that, which I take JTA to be from what you've said and what others are saying in their posts...What inspired you or gave you the inclination to record such an album?
Not that I'm complaing, I do love a bit of brash rawk and Fancy Planets is a favourite of mine, it just seems a long way from the sublime Model Village....just curious as to why you wanted to make an album such as JTA... 8)

...glad you did though!

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:28 pm 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
When is this cd going to be released to us peons who couldn't make it to the launch party? Don't make me occupy Wall St. The wait is killing me. "I'm dying over here!" :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:31 pm 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
andygeorge wrote:
Excellent post Phil, enjoyed that, just makes me more frustrated not being able to hear it... :(

Bill, knowing your reluctance to indulge in the past, ie thrashing guitars and manic solo's and all that, which I take JTA to be from what you've said and what others are saying in their posts...What inspired you or gave you the inclination to record such an album?
Not that I'm complaing, I do love a bit of brash rawk and Fancy Planets is a favourite of mine, it just seems a long way from the sublime Model Village....just curious as to why you wanted to make an album such as JTA... 8)

...glad you did though!

Andy

Andy...don't discourage him. We want guitar, we want guitar....and vocals! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:11 pm 
The Citizen

andygeorge wrote:
I do love a bit of brash rawk and Fancy Planets is a favourite of mine, it just seems a long way from the sublime Model Village....just curious as to why you wanted to make an album such as JTA...

Well, partly because it was such an abrupt contrast to 'Model Village' and 'Blossom Tree Optimists,' but, more peversely, to get that particular 'rock lobster' out of the tank and done with so that I can re-stock it with seahorses, angel-fish and luminous coral.
As you probably know, JTA was an album I wasn't 100% sure about when I began work on it. I'm glad that I did make it but will now be heading off in other directions. I need to redress my creative balance with some less aggressive but maybe a tad more 'sophisticated' music. I still have lots more ideas I'd like to explore. :wink: :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 pm 
Regular

GettingOnTheBeam wrote:
When is this cd going to be released to us peons who couldn't make it to the launch party? Don't make me occupy Wall St. The wait is killing me. "I'm dying over here!" :D

Available NOW! From your favourite stockist SOS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:20 pm 
Regular

BobK wrote:
Deepest sympathies! That is not nice to hear.

Golden rule. Always assume there will be a balls up on the trains! I booked the 13:00 from Kings Cross. A nice fast 2 hour train so was scheduled to arrive at hotel around half three. Plenty of time for a nice nap, bite to eat and shower.

However, due to flooding no trains on the KC/Leeds route so had to go to Euston, travel to Manchester on a slowie and change for Leeds. Five sodding hours later (one of which was standing up) I arrive at Hotel. No time for a nap. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mind you, at least my journey ended happilly.

Bob

I was booked on the 13:05 KX-Leeds train which was cancelled. I hung around for a while and was surprised to find the 13:35 train to Leeds was still running. Jumped on it, got a seat and and although delayed by about 90 mins, we pulled into Leeds before 17:30 (hence my late arrival at the Veritas to find no one else there - still, plenty of good beers).

Golden Rule #2 - don't believe what the railways tell you! They haven't a clue...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17