www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: EXCLUSIVE VIP ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY!
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:08 pm 
Regular

Damn, I wish .... alas, the travel costs are prohibitive :cry: . I just booked my plane tix for Nelsonica. I just can't spring for the same amount again (need toys for my computer) . Plus, it's probably too late now anyway.

Andy George, sorry to hear that you won't make it. I'll bet that hurts more than the knee! "Beterschap makker" as the Dutch say.

To those lucky 60...enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:22 pm 
Regular

workshyfop wrote:
What a bloody bargain! Half of that will probably go on the album and being signed makes it priceless. :D Dammit though, I can't come! :(

Completely agree this is an absolute bargain and I'll say once more something I've often said here. Just how many artists arrange this kind of up close and personal and in this particular instance, unusual or even unique, kind of event for their fans ?.
I can't actually think of a single one.

For double the ticket price , thousands of punters will be lucky to get a seat at the back of a huge arena, sitting in a mess of hotdogs and spilled sticky drinks watching some talentless reality show winner miming their way through a list of cover versions.

Boy, are we the lucky ones !
I just can't wait !

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm 
Regular

:D :D :D Tickets reserved!!!Got a little warm glow inside! Feel very priveliged to be offered the opportunity , and I've convinced my other half to go as well. Amazing... two fantastic musical experiences in such a short space of time.- Tonight it's Swillington Miner's Welfare to see The Thin Lizzy Experience with a bunch of 'lads' I've known for 35 years plus!!!!Didn't BBD play there many moons ago???? Boys never grow up, they just grow old disgracefully!!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm 

Three left!

Can I just point out it would be well worth going on the reserve list as a few have been reserved and people aren't 100% sure yet (work etc) so I would imagine one or two would come up...or just buy the last three!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:19 pm 
Regular

Hopefully, unlike with Metropolis, a little A/C might be in order.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:54 pm 
The Citizen

Just in case you haven't seen my separate post elsewhere on the forum, I have to inform you that the 'Joy Through Amplification' album launch party has now completely sold out. All 60 tickets have been allocated within the two or three days of our announcement and the only thing I can now suggest to anyone still wishing to attend the party is to contact Ian Haydock to ask to be put on the 'reserve' list. Should any tickets later become available as a result of unforseen circumstances, the reserve list will allocate those tickets to names on a 'first come, first served' basis.
But hearty congratulations to those of you who managed to make your reservations in such immediate fashion! You're in for a unique evening's entertainment... :wink:

To those of you who have already posted in this thread to say that you are unable to attend, I can only offer my sympathies and hope that there may be another opportunity to hold a similar sort of event at some point in the future.

I'm genuinely knocked out and encouraged by the extremely quick and positive response to this special event and am looking forward to meeting our lucky 60 guests on the 6th of July! :wink: :D

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:28 pm 
Regular

I'm really looking forward to the event and to meeting you Bill. I've always wondered what the Leeds Club looks like from the inside ! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am 
Regular

If anyone is planning to travel via East Coast, be aware there is a 48-hour sale on at the moment (started today) and I managed to snag a £12 single ticket up on the Friday (from London) - though I'm treating myself to first class on the return but still not bad at £30.

Am staying at the Radisson Blu hotel just up the road from the venue - there are some non-refundable deals, approx £55 for a room (no breakfast).

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:08 am 
Regular

On a none musical note. Will the canapes have a nice vegetarian selection included for those of us who aren't meat eaters ?
Or perhaps I'll be the only veggie there !

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 am 

Yes, there are veggie choices in the canape selection and there'll be plenty to go around.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next