www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW CD - 'Joy Through Amplification'
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:59 pm 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
Bill Nelson wrote:
I've been told that 'Joy Through Amplification' has been selling extremely well, (and quickly too,) which comes as a very pleasant surprise to me...It may soon be in the 'only a few copies left' category, and very soon if things continue at this pace. The general reaction from fans to this album has far surpassed my expectations.
Well, who knows, maybe I should follow this up with a continuation of the JTA theme at some point in the future...impossible to say for certain at the moment as I'm driven by the muse rather than by popular opinion...but whatever comes down that mysterious pipe from another dimension, I'm sure it'll all be good! :wink: :D

Besides the great guitar work, I found the songwriting to be particularly strong on JTA..there are a number of classic songs on it. Maybe it was so good because it was (at least I think you said) very easy to put together? Out of the numerous cds of yours I have picked up this year, this one sounds the most "natural."

G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 pm 
Regular

Reviewed in the new edition of Classic Rock magazine (Page 94, October 2012 edition). Rated 7/10.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:13 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Reviewed in the new edition of Classic Rock magazine (Page 94, October 2012 edition). Rated 7/10.

What do they know? This is my favourite BN cd in years. Probably since the period of Silvertone/Fell into a dream/Illuminated/Mazda period. I put it on and hate to take it out of the player. Many of the recent cds got played 2 or 3 times and then filed. This one stays within reach.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 pm 
Regular

Merikan1 wrote:
Quote:

What do they know? This is my favourite BN cd in years. Probably since the period of Silvertone/Fell into a dream/Illuminated/Mazda period. I put it on and hate to take it out of the player. Many of the recent cds got played 2 or 3 times and then filed. This one stays within reach.

Normally I'd agree with you in that the don't know nuthin' but it is actually a favourable review. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 am 
Regular

Classic Rock seems to be the only rock rag on the rack that is hermetically sealed. What a load of plonkers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:44 am 
Regular

paulconnolly wrote:
Merikan1 wrote:
Quote:

Normally I'd agree with you in that the don't know nuthin' but it is actually a favourable review. :D

So maybe they didn't give it a 10/10. But I did!

Anyway it usually takes a few listens to get into one of Bill's releases. If they listened to it only once I am not surprised. Bill's music tends to grow on me. This has been a characteristic of Bill's music going all the way back to BBD.

G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 am 
Regular

Yeah I agree, and I think its because there is a lot of subtle complexity to Bill's music. I feel like I need a few plays to put the whole picture together sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm 
Regular

MondoJohnny said
Quote:
Yeah I agree, and I think its because there is a lot of subtle complexity to Bill's music. I feel like I need a few plays to put the whole picture together sometimes.

Sometimes more than a few...often spaced out over extended periods of time :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm 
Regular

Merikan1 wrote:
MondoJohnny said
Quote:

Sometimes more than a few...often spaced out over extended periods of time :D

Ha! You said it. Gotta let it ruminate sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:08 am 
Regular

I think for the next Bill release, there needs to be some kind of listening party in the US. It killed me having to wait for this cd knowing that others had already heard it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next