www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Two NEW CDs on sale today - 1st Oct
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 am 
Regular

Neil Windsor wrote:
Ordered both 9.14 am Yesterday - arrived in my hand 11.17 am this morning. Impressed is not the word!!! SOS=Simply Outstanding Service!!!

Yes indeed! I ordered about three minutes later than Neil on Monday and my CDs were waiting for me as I got home from work Tuesday. This is the highest quality of online selling. After decades of depressing work with record labels, at least this (smaller-scale) aspect of Bill's income is in the safest of hands.

Thanks SOS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm 
Regular

Ordered mine Monday night, still not received shipment email. Oh well, patience!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 pm 
Regular

Bazcrim wrote:
Ordered mine Monday night, still not received shipment email. Oh well, patience!!

Me too, ordered mine Monday afternoon. Hope they haven't sold out and a bad news email is on the way :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm 
Regular

From the enthusiasm shown here for ordering Bill's new CDs the production runs of future releases may have to be increased.....

You've got us all hooked Bill...!

:shock: :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 am 
Regular

:( I'm another one who ordered on Monday afternoon (at 2.00pm) and have only just today, Wednesday, received an email stating that my order has been processed, so my Cds will likely turn up Thursday if I'm lucky, or maybe Friday (or even Saturday, all depending on the postman!). Don't get me wrong, as I think that's a pretty good service in itself, but when other people who ordered quite some time after me (relatively speaking) already have the CDs in their hands, I start to think there's something a little weird about the way SOS are completing the orders.

They're obviously not being seen to in the order that SOS received them and that's fine and dandy most of the time and wouldn't bother me. What happens though, if a very limited edition CD is getting somewhere near the end of it's stock numbers and an unexpected number of people order them. If SOS aren't keeping tabs on who ordered first, some poor chappie (or chappess) could well miss out, even though they may have ordered before some other keen Bill Nelson fan. Clearly an unacceptable situation.

Like I said earlier, don't get me wrong, as in my opinion SOS do a wonderful job of stocking and selling Bill's albums and I'm very grateful to them for making it easy enough for us all to get our mitts on Bill's works, not to mention their fab efforts with this very website. Still, something seems askew when this sort of thing happens and maybe the sending out process needs to be checked up on and sorted out properly by someone down at the SOS offices.

Looking forward very much to hearing the new music and just putting in my tuppence worth for the one's that ordered early but don't have the goods yet. I must point out that I am in now way meaning to upset anyone here or there or anywhere :wink:

Out for now,
Garden 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/gardenofsurrealdreams
Ambiavantelectroexperifolkgothjazprogpsychwave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
I have no problem with SOS.

I didn't receive a shipping notice until yesterday either although I ordered the CD's Monday.

That being said I saw news saying that Paypal (which is how I paid for my order) has been having trouble/delays with its system. I assumed the delay from SOS was because my Paypal payment had lagged behind as per the news. So, if you used Paypal to pay for your order, there may be that factor.

If not, and SOS has been a bit swamped in the past few days; I still have no problem. I always receive my orders from them in a timely fashion; which is amazing considering they have to travel half way around the planet.

Thank you SOS......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:57 am 
Regular

Likewise here MG. As always I order, receive confirmation the same day, and the following day notice of shipment. THAN I have to wait two or three weeks, but that's not on SOS but the English/US/Panama mail systems.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 pm 
Regular

MG wrote:
I didn't receive a shipping notice until yesterday either although I ordered the CD's Monday.

That being said I saw news saying that Paypal (which is how I paid for my order) has been having trouble/delays with its system. I assumed the delay from SOS was because my Paypal payment had lagged behind as per the news. So, if you used Paypal to pay for your order, there may be that factor.

:? That's entirely possible MG, thanks for the tip-off.
In which case I think I'll contact PayPal to see what the problem was. Delays like that, if indeed this was the case here, could affect all sorts of things in this internet connected world of ours! Maybe next time I'll choose to pay by credit card instead and see if it makes a difference.

The two new CDs arrived today anyway, so I say a big thanks to SOS and now I'm off to place the music in the player :D

http://www.soundclick.com/gardenofsurrealdreams
Ambiavantelectroexperifolkgothjazprogpsychwave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm 

In response to questions raised. I'd just to make clear how the SOS order fulfilment process works.

The web site orders are always stored in date/time stamped order. The mail order dept process them in the same sequence. All web site customers are sent an automatic confirmation of order at the end of the purchase process. UK Mail Order law requires that we do not take the payment until the day we actually dispatch the order. Hence there can be a delay between the first message we send and the second. Also, you must remember that with any new release, the first few days are totally manic as we try to get one or two hundred orders out the door!

We have one, sometimes two mail order department staff on duty. They are Nicole and Luci. Earlier this week both had pre-arranged leave booked well before we decided which day the new CDs would go on sale. So, we had a gap in the process but still managed to get a heck of a lot of CDs out.
We pride ourselves in trying to maintain this level of fulfilment as we are all too aware of how many other on-line stores take far longer, even if you pay them for a premium service.

Finally, I'd like to assure you that with such limited stock availability, we DO play fair and make sure each order is dealt with in sequence.

Regards
Paul.
SOS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:31 pm 
Regular

Nothing but praise for Paul and his staff, and his service... and this is from a pleased customer in the States. Ordered twice before, flawlessly, and am patiently awaiting RTT and POSV, probably appearing in my mailbox next Friday, or the following Monday. SOS is Tops for helping the Fans obtain Bill's music.

Cheers,
Roger

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next