www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW CD - THE DREAMSHIRE CHRONICLES
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:20 pm 
Regular

Been giving this some serious airplay over the last two day.
This album is without doubt (IMHO :) ) the best Bill album of 2012.
Sure I liked the visceral buzz of Joy Through Amplification and the mellow fruitfulness of Songs Of The Blossom Tree Optimists but this album (the "Big one" as Felix1 has named it :lol: ) has it all. Enough subtle depth and colour to keep me interested for many a year.

Love the cover artwork (the return of the Digipack - thanks Bill I know these are more expensive but well worth it 8) ) harking back to the wonderful early Cocteau records of past years - magical 8)

Next year’s release of the 'Grand Auditoria' album could be even better ? happy days indeed. Thanks Bill :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 am 
Bar Staff

Just ordered a copy of the Dreamshire Chronicles - it should be arriving in Crete soon - cannot wait :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am 
The Citizen

Returningman wrote:
Songs Of The Blossom Tree Optimists but this album (the "Big one" as Felix1 has named it ) has it all. Enough subtle depth and colour to keep me interested for many a year.

Love the cover artwork (the return of the Digipack - thanks Bill I know these are more expensive but well worth it ) harking back to the wonderful early Cocteau records of past years - magical

Next year’s release of the 'Grand Auditoria' album could be even better ? happy days indeed.

'Grand Auditoria' is shaping up really well at the moment...I'm getting quite excited about it! :wink: Yesterday I mixed a vocal track titled 'Lantern Lights' and am now working on a song with the title 'The Fabulous Mr Futurismo.' The album will be epic and even more varied than 'The Dreamshire Chronicles' with a rich mix of styles...I'm thinking of it as a kind of post-modernist Baroque concept...packed with detail, filled with gilded sound clashes. If all goes to plan, this will be one to truly dazzle the senses.

Another possible album project is also emerging for next year...a meditative instrumental album inspired by Gnostic/Rosicrucian ideas and imagery. Working title 'ROSEX.' I've already come up with a cover image for it. If I can get a diary entry written in the next week or two, I'll include the 'ROSEX' image with the entry. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 am 
Regular

Dreamshire has arrived here, too. I've only listened to the first cd so far and am very pleased with the richness and variety it has, even though Bill's description of its 'ghostlike' character elsewhere made me expect something a little more along the lines of "Fantasmatron" (which might be my favourite Bill album of the last few years).

I agree about the cover: looks wonderful and indeed hearks back to the Cocteau years. And that announcement of the "ROSEX" album excites me, too, and in a similar manner. A little pause from cowboys and spaceships and a return to good old Nelsonian esotericism :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:30 pm 
Regular

tommaso wrote:
Dreamshire has arrived here, too. I've only listened to the first cd so far and am very pleased with the richness and variety it has, even though Bill's description of its 'ghostlike' character elsewhere made me expect something a little more along the lines of "Fantasmatron" (which might be my favourite Bill album of the last few years).

I agree about the cover: looks wonderful and indeed hearks back to the Cocteau years. And that announcement of the "ROSEX" album excites me, too, and in a similar manner. A little pause from cowboys and spaceships and a return to good old Nelsonian esotericism :wink:

Absolutely :D

Don't forget about the Painting With Guitars Vol 2 project though Bill
So many plates to spin :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:49 pm 
Regular

Regarding ghosts on Dreamshire Chronicles.........

I hear two ghosts in Spinning Pentagrams - Syd Barrett and Howlin' Wolf 8)

On Welcome To Dreamshire, I hear the ghost of Reggie Wilson :shock: 8)

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:00 pm 
Regular

The Dreamshire Chronicles is playing while we put up our Christmas decorations 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 am 
Regular

Hi All,

Well last week I received my copy of The Dreamshire Chronicles, and I have now found a 2 hour slot to listen to it.

Well what can I say. Is this Bill's best album ever? Well it has to be there or there abouts in my opinion!!

To start with the packaging is exquist. I love the art work on the discs themselves, the apples pic on disc 2 is the kind of still life photography I try to capture myself, but never quite works for me.

Oh am I bit slow or something, is the title a nod towards the late Mr.Bradbury?

On to the music what are the best tracks, well which ever one was playing at any given time there all superb.
If I had to pick a stand out moment after one listen I guess it would be "More Than Glory More Than Gold" a wonderful song.

Great album great art work thanks.

TaTa :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 pm 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
I just ordered this one last night....and also "What Now What Next" since it was so cheap.

I can already tell from the clips that "More Than Glory.." is an outstanding tune.

I will give you my invaluable opinion on the rest once I have had time to digest it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:37 am 
The Citizen

novemberman wrote:
the packaging is exquist. I love the art work on the discs themselves, the apples pic on disc 2 is the kind of still life photography I try to capture myself, but never quite works for me.

Oh am I bit slow or something, is the title a nod towards the late Mr.Bradbury?

I wondered if anyone would pick up on the Ray Bradbury element...not just the title, (which may remind you of Bradbury's 'The Martian Chronicles,') but also on the surreal, haunted quality that permeated Bradbury stories such as 'Dandelion Wine' and 'Something Wicked This Way Comes.' I loved Ray Bradbury's writing when I was in my teens and its sometimes melancholic and autumnal feel seems to have crept into some of the songs on my 'Dreamshire Chronicles' album. :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next