www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 'STARLAND' RELEASED TODAY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:42 pm 
The Citizen

'STARLAND,' the latest track I've composed and recorded for the SARA'S HOPE FOUNDATION charity, has been released today, (Wednesday 16th of January 2013.)

As many of you are already aware, I create an exclusive piece of music for the foundation every year which fans can download in return for a modest donation to the charity. This latest track is a rather spiffing guitar instrumental which I'm sure you will want to add to your collection! :)

I know that as many of you as possible will support SARA'S HOPE FOUNDATION and help bring a little sunshine into the lives of children, (and their families,) who are suffering as a result of cancer.

Here's the link to the 'Starland' track. It's available in both mp3 and flac form. Hope you like it! :)

http://www.musiczeit.com/album.php?albu ... n+Starland

Post subject: Re: 'STARLAND' RELEASED TODAY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm 
Bar Staff

Today`s release of `Starland` is very poignant as it is exactly 12 years since Sara passed away - this track is very special with warm and beautiful textures and Julie and I have played Starland all morning to celebrate Sara`s short life - it is wonderful ...
We are honoured to call Bill our friend and to have him as a Patron of Sara`s charity .Bill`s music helped me get through the darkest years of my life and his work connects with my heart and is extremely uplifting...
Thank you so much Bill for helping us give so many very special and brave children battling cancer a much needed and a well deserved break in the sunshine.Over the last two years we have welcomed 22 families to Sara`s Retreat and have lots of referrals arriving every week and the funds raised from Starland will help us fund flights this summer .
The warmth and generosity of Bill ,Emi and the Dreamsville community has always touched our hearts and Bill`s music has given us so much pleasure and an opportunity to meet so many fellow fans who have become very close and dear friends ....
Much love
Ged and Julie x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm 
Regular

"Nice One" you deserve it Ged, All the the best to you and Family for 2014 keep up the fantastic work..

Thanks also to Bill a wonderful piece of music to a very worthy charity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 pm 
Regular

Hi All,

This is my first attempt at a download for Sara's Hope now I know what the charity is all about. A good cause for sure!

So I went for broke and purchased the other 4 tracks available, while I was there.

So I now look forward to listening to my Sara's Hope mini LP.

All the best
Chris.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm 
The Citizen

novemberman wrote:
This is my first attempt at a download for Sara's Hope now I know what the charity is all about. A good cause for sure!

So I went for broke and purchased the other 4 tracks available, while I was there.

So I now look forward to listening to my Sara's Hope mini LP.

All the best
Chris.

Good man, Chris! Every download helps to make a positive difference to the families who benefit from the help that Sara's Hope Foundation provides. Please enjoy the music and know that you've done something extremely worthwhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:35 pm 
Regular

What a beautiful piece of music Bill ..............and the section from around the 3min 20 sec to 4 min is beyond words......I have sat and listened to this on repeat for the last 45 mins (yes Im that obsessive:) and have been in tears at that section of the song everytime.....beautiful
cheers
steve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm 
Regular

Followed your lead, Chris, and downloaded this and all the Bill Nelson tracks on offer. Cheers to Sara's Hope Foundation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm 
Regular

Got mine.

Fabulous music and a great cause. Well done to all.

Mick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:04 pm 
Regular

Listening to 'A Million Whistling Milkmen' now. Wow, what a great track. I can't believe I missed this release! :shock: I love the acoustic playing and that vocal melody, the strange turns it takes ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm 
Regular

Finally getting to it, liking that bit of wah-wah surprise in 'Starland'.

This is very much early-January hopeful music.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next