www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: 'NEON CYNICS' RE-ISSUED AS A DOWNLOAD ONLY ALBUM!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 pm 
Regular

Sound On Sound wrote:
A number of people have reported a similar problem printing some of the artwork files. We have checked them and they are correct.
It seems that some programs fit the image to the paper size selected in your printer.
I suggest you try and disable this in your printer config, set a custom paper size or try scaling the image. Otherwise try other programs which enable you to print, eg. a wordprocessor, web browser, photo editor etc.
Hope that helps.

Paul @ SOS

You may want to try a cd template which should print the image as a cd page/cd double page or cd tray?
something like COVER XP FREE
Which has an array of different settings for different size pages from a drop down menu

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/general/download_splash.cfm/coverxp_free?software_id=795&version_id=1688

which doesn't need any setting or fiddling about with and should print ok.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:16 am 
Regular

Nice one, Puzzleoyster. I find it very strange that there aren't nearly enough such applications as this for printing and creating CD covers. Are the people working in software these days too young to know the joy of creating one's own covers? There used to be others in the last century. And disc burning software that is superior to anything provided in whatever OS one might be using. Apparently CDs are sooooo passé now. :| (Well, the old-style jewel cases are anyway. So I expect to see blank digi-packs sold in the very near future) :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 am 
New in Town

Sound On Sound wrote:
A number of people have reported a similar problem printing some of the artwork files. We have checked them and they are correct.
It seems that some programs fit the image to the paper size selected in your printer.
I suggest you try and disable this in your printer config, set a custom paper size or try scaling the image. Otherwise try other programs which enable you to print, eg. a wordprocessor, web browser, photo editor etc.
Hope that help.

Paul @ SOS

Tell you what, Paul. I'll pay to order a complete set of the "correct" artwork files. How 'bout it? I'm fed up with wasting time and paper trying to get them to print!!! :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 am 

These are the correct artwork files so there's nothing else we can create.

Please tell me which computer you are using, the program you are printing from and the printer model you are using.

Regards

Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 am 
Regular

Sound On Sound wrote:
These are the correct artwork files so there's nothing else we can create.

Please tell me which computer you are using, the program you are printing from and the printer model you are using.

Regards

Paul.

I Presume the artworks for 'Neon Cynics' is Front sleeve outer Inner & Tray Outer Inner [4 pieces]
If that is the case use the url above i sent and it WILL Print out The EXACT Covers if using the appropriate templates

Programme Should install on any PC computer and should print on any printer with any kind of paper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:00 am 
New in Town

I Presume the artworks for 'Neon Cynics' is Front sleeve outer Inner & Tray Outer Inner [4 pieces]
If that is the case use the url above i sent and it WILL Print out The EXACT Covers if using the appropriate templates

Programme Should install on any PC computer and should print on any printer with any kind of paper[/b][/quote]

I downloaded coverXP, Puzzleoyster, but it printed ONLY the front cover correctly. :x The snap-in undertray artwork and the back cover artwork with the spines came up small no matter what I tried.

I'm still open to buying an artwork set that actually fits a commercial jewel box.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:54 am 
Regular

As someone who regularly visits and buys from artists on Bandcamp, how are sales going? Is it going well enough that other releases may be made available? It certainly has to be a cost effective way to re-issue oop cds. Maybe you should put Romance of Sustain up there. People are always looking for that one. Might be a good indicator how other rare releases would be received.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8