www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL BLIP! LAUNCH PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 am 
Regular

I was informed by Ian that my 2 tickets are around number 100 or so. I believe that this is roughly half of the available tix. Best make haste.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
Well, what do you know, I turn my back for a short while and there's a CD shortly to be released that I've never even heard about even being recorded ! Wonder what the artwork will be . . .?
I'll have to scan through the messages pronto to see what I can glean about this one.Have all the other projects been shelved or is this one of those with a new title ? The last CD I got was The Dreamland Chronicles. Have I missed more than just a little here ?
My fault I guess for not looking in on this site for a month or two. . .doh :(

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:44 pm 
The Citizen

There's info somewhere on the forum, Major S, (including track lists, right at the top of this thread,) but basically the upcoming 'BLIP!' album began life as the 'Grand Auditoria' project but unexpectedly took a detour into pop n' rock territory so I adjusted my sails accordingly and the result is a two-volume album under the 'BLIP!' heading.
Volume One, which is simply titled 'BLIP!' will be available to buy in the Dreamsville Store as a proper CD release sometime in June. But those who are attending the album's launch party will be given a pre-release copy of 'BLIP!' plus an exclusive CDR of the 'overflow' album which is titled 'The Tremulous Doo-Wah-Diddy' (BLIP! Volume 2.)

Meanwhile, I've completed another album titled 'Albion Dream Vortex.' This one is instrumental and will be released towards the end of summer. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:16 pm 
Regular

Location: Florida (sitting by the window, in a house at the end of time)
Wow! You really have to stay on top of things around here. Keep 'em coming Bill! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:45 pm 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
Hello Bill, and thank you so very much for taking time out to reply personally and so quickly to my post. I already like the sound of this new CD. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the launch party. I'll be on holiday. However I'll be raiding the depths of my Piggy-bank in due course.
I'm enjoying Wired To Earth CD by Tin Spirits featuring the very under-rated guitar talents of Dave Gregory. He was a little over-shadowed in XTC by the whirling dervish that was/is Andy partridge ! Have you heard the CD ?
The opening track Glimmer on Wired to Earth had me thinking that you were also on the CD. It's very much a type of instrumental that you could have done.
Hope all goes well with the launch party. . . David

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
'Albion Dream Vortex.' This one is instrumental and will be released towards the end of summer.

Love the album title 8)
Roll on the Summer :D
Would it be presumptuous to ask if it contains long form pieces or your lovely "miniatures" or a mix of both?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 pm 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
Bill Nelson wrote:
There's info somewhere on the forum, Major S, (including track lists, right at the top of this thread,) but basically the upcoming 'BLIP!' album began life as the 'Grand Auditoria' project but unexpectedly took a detour into pop n' rock territory so I adjusted my sails accordingly and the result is a two-volume album under the 'BLIP!' heading.
Volume One, which is simply titled 'BLIP!' will be available to buy in the Dreamsville Store as a proper CD release sometime in June. But those who are attending the album's launch party will be given a pre-release copy of 'BLIP!' plus an exclusive CDR of the 'overflow' album which is titled 'The Tremulous Doo-Wah-Diddy' (BLIP! Volume 2.)

Meanwhile, I've completed another album titled 'Albion Dream Vortex.' This one is instrumental and will be released towards the end of summer. :)

How about a follow up to JTA?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 pm 
The Citizen

GettingOnTheBeam wrote:

A little too soon! (It's not so long ago since that album was released...) Nevertheless, 'BLIP!' has some tracks which might have fitted nicely on JTA. The opening track, 'Bats At Bedtime,' is definitely in similar territory...(But, of course, quite different too!) :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:05 pm 
The Citizen

Returningman wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
'Albion Dream Vortex.' This one is instrumental and will be released towards the end of summer.

Love the album title 8)
Roll on the Summer :D
Would it be presumptuous to ask if it contains long form pieces or your lovely "miniatures" or a mix of both?

Mostly long pieces, but with a couple of medium length ones too! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:51 am 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
Bill Nelson wrote:
GettingOnTheBeam wrote:

A little too soon! (It's not so long ago since that album was released...) Nevertheless, 'BLIP!' has some tracks which might have fitted nicely on JTA. The opening track, 'Bats At Bedtime,' is definitely in similar territory...(But, of course, quite different too!) :wink:

BLIP is sounding very good Mr. Nelson! :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next