www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: To all BLIP! launch party attendees.
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 pm 
Regular

Location: Harrogate,a very English Town but...oh no can't say that,it would be politicaly incorrect!
asterisk wrote:
The artwork will be the final piece of the possibly most alluring puzzle ever presented by Bill. But it too is essential. I await with tightened sphincter. :mrgreen: :wink:

Keep it tight :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 pm 
Regular

I'm so sorry I can't make this :( but I'm looking forward to the new album. Thanks for the post, Bill :D

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:15 pm 
The Citizen

Acceleration Bob wrote:
This will be the first time I've seen Bill since the early 80s

I'm already a bit nervous

Acceleration Bob wrote:
I'll be at this Blip gig with my elder brother who was a BBD fan

Hi, Bob, nice to know that you've been given a warm welcome by my fellow Dreamsville citizens! :D

As you've not seen my live performances since the '80s, you may be surprised, (but not too shocked I hope,) by my live solo set at the 'BLIP!' party...There will be no band of course, and no vocals either...it's purely an instrumental set utilising a variety of backing tracks and a lot of improvised, semi-ambient, neo-jazzy guitar played live over them.
It's not in the Be Bop Deluxe rock-style at all, (or my '80s synth style,) but something much newer...an approach I've developed over the last 20 years. Difficult to guess what you or your brother will make of it but I do hope you'll find it interesting! :wink: Bring along an open mind and enjoy it for what it is... :)

Incidentally, to catch up on my more recent albums, check out the Dreamsville/Sound-On-Sound Department store here on this site. Many of my albums have sold out and can only be bought second-hand on e-bay for ridiculous prices but there are still some excellent examples in stock here on this site and for far more sensible money.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:57 pm 
Regular

Incidentally, to catch up on my more recent albums, check out the Dreamsville/Sound-On-Sound Department store here on this site. Many of my albums have sold out and can only be bought second-hand on e-bay for ridiculous prices but there are still some excellent examples in stock here on this site and for far more sensible money.

Alternatively, Bring your cash rich wallet (No Credit Facilities) along to the Leeds BLIP! Launch and meet the Wonderful Friendly Patient S.O.S.Team who will sell you some great BN titles !! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:01 pm 
Regular

BTW
Is there going to be a Stall with Mark & Vicky from Cocteau/Esoteric at the BLIP! Launch?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:20 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Acceleration Bob wrote:
This will be the first time I've seen Bill since the early 80s

I'm already a bit nervous

Acceleration Bob wrote:
I'll be at this Blip gig with my elder brother who was a BBD fan

Hi, Bob, nice to know that you've been given a warm welcome by my fellow Dreamsville citizens! :D

As you've not seen my live performances since the '80s, you may be surprised, (but not too shocked I hope,) by my live solo set at the 'BLIP!' party...There will be no band of course, and no vocals either...it's purely an instrumental set utilising a variety of backing tracks and a lot of improvised, semi-ambient, neo-jazzy guitar played live over them.
It's not in the Be Bop Deluxe rock-style at all, (or my '80s synth style,) but something much newer...an approach I've developed over the last 20 years. Difficult to guess what you or your brother will make of it but I do hope you'll find it interesting! :wink: Bring along an open mind and enjoy it for what it is... :)

Hi Bill, thank you v much. It will be a massive pleasure just to be there and to see a pioneer at work, the one predictable thing about your musical output is your unpredictability! :D And that's a compliment which I feel confident is something many fans would agree with or at least appreciate.

And thanks Puzzleoyster for the tip about buying stuff, I'm already there, so to speak :D

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 am 
The Citizen

Puzzleoyster wrote:
Is there going to be a Stall with Mark & Vicky from Cocteau/Esoteric at the BLIP! Launch?

Not this time...it will be Dreamsville/Sonoluxe items only, but please bring cash if you're looking to purchase something as there will be no credit card facilities available. (Though I believe there is a cash machine reasonably close to the University campus.)
The merch stall will also have a few special items such as signed original artwork one-offs and out-of-print rarities (all of which will be at the higher-end of the price range,) plus a selection of albums from the Dreamsville Department store for those who are catching up or filling in gaps in their collections.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 am 
Regular

The gaps in my collection are more like deserts but I'm working on it :oops: :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:24 pm 
New in Town

Looking forward to the festivities on Saturday. I will be there with younger brother Acceleration Bob and a good time shall be had by all.

Regards,

Graham.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:32 pm 
Regular

8) :D

You confident you know where the venue actually is, our kid?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next