www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 8:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: BLIP! & BLIP 2 on Ebay - Proceeds to Saras Hope Foundati
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:41 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
MondoJohnny wrote:
So even the limited edition copy of BLIP is available then. Will that be through the usual channels: SOS or should we stay tuned for the details?

No, it's not. The limited edition, signed and numbered CDR remains an exclusive item for those who attended the Blip party. However, we will soon be making a special announcement about the music as a gesture towards those who couldn't attend. Stay tuned.

Thank you!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:06 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
The reason these generous fans have donated copies of Blip 1 and 2 for Sara's Hope Foundation is because they came to the event with their wives/partners and had 2 tickets and so were given 2 copies of each album. They've decided to keep one copy of each album to enjoy as a couple but have generously donated their spare copies to Sara's Hope Foundation, rather than selling them for personal profit on ebay. This is a wonderful gesture and I'm sure there will soon be an announcement about how to bid on these items. Every penny raised will go to Sara's Hope Foundation. Stay tuned...Jon will be informing you how to place your bids soon. Hope that clarifies things. :)

What kind and nice folk they are – well done!!!
Unfortunately I won't be able to bid, as money is quite tight these days, although of course I do have enough spare to have just ordered Blip through SOS 8)

Bill Nelson wrote:
The limited edition, signed and numbered CDR remains an exclusive item for those who attended the Blip party. However, we will soon be making a special announcement about the music as a gesture towards those who couldn't attend. Stay tuned.

8) Now that's what I call great news.
Whatever form this takes, I'd like to extend a HUGE THANKS to Bill for being so understanding of the fact that many long time fans would've been a tad sad to have had to miss out on an album's worth of extra creations.
I'll look forward to the announcement and the extra music.
Let there be celebration :P

http://www.soundclick.com/gardenofsurrealdreams
Ambiavantelectroexperifolkgothjazprogpsychwave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 am 
Regular

Not trying to be tacky (I don't have to try) but the ones who winning the auctions will end up being pretty generous themselves :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 pm 
Regular

Mayor of Dreamsville wrote:
Whilst at the BLIP! launch on Saturday, I had TWO fans hand me their copies of 'BLIP!' and 'BLIP 2' with the request that I 'Officially' auction them with the proceeds going to Saras Hope Foundation, a charity which I'm sure you all know is close to Bill's heart.

So, a BIG, BIG thank you to the fans who offered their copies (you know who you are), and for those who may want a copy of 'BLIP!' & 'BLIP 2', but couldn't get to the launch, buying from this source will guarantee that the money is put to VERY good use.

Here's a link to the first auction.

BLIP! Auction

Thanks for reading.

Jon.

<bow> to whoever was so generous! Karma rules...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 pm 
Regular

Dar 13.1 wrote:
Not trying to be tacky (I don't have to try) but the ones who winning the auctions will end up being pretty generous themselves :mrgreen:

Checking my 401K right now. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
I have no problem with someone doing something for charity... at least someone in need and who is disadvantaged will benefit.

Gee; doing something for others and not for yourself. That's pretty anti-social in this society.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 pm 
Regular

The bid just crossed the 100 mark... and climbing. 8)

*British Pounds

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:01 pm 
Bar Manager

I have just received a THIRD pair of BLIP! & BLIP 2 CDs from another very generous fan who has asked me to include their additional copies in the auctions for Sara's Hope Foundation.

The auction on eBay for the SECOND pair of discs will go live this evening, with the THIRD pair following early next week.

Please bid with the confidence that your money will make a real difference to some very poorly children.

Here's the link - BLIPS AUCTION TWO

Jon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 pm 
The Citizen

This is a very good reason to buy a copy of Blip from ebay if, for some reason, you missed out on today's sale of the album. 'Sara's Hope Foundation' gives respite to families and children suffering from very serious illnesses. It's a real ray of sunshine in what is always a dark and cloudy time for these brave kids and their parents. By purchasing generously donated spare copies from fans who have chosen to give the proceeds to this fine charity, you will be doing some genuine good in this world and your resultant positive karma will shine for others to see. So, please just ensure that you are buying from one of the fans who have generously donated their profits to 'Sara's Hope Foundation.' Thank you. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:03 pm 
Regular

Must say, BLIP! has been memorable on numerous levels such as

- Launch party including the only Bill Nelson live performance for 2013
- Almost immediate sell out
- A run to donate for the Sarah Hope Foundation

This deserves a toast :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next