www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 2:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blip 2 - On Sale Now !
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 am 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
re; sticking on CD labels . . .just close your eyes and hope for the best. . . here goes. Damn there's a bubble and it's slightly off centre, doh ! :? :wink: better try again, hey then I'll have 2 Blip 2 CDs.

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:40 pm 
Regular

I have a labeling kit, that comes with pre-diecut labels & a "stomper" that holds the printed label, then you place the burned CD upside down onto the label.

Works great.

(caveat: the final CD should not be played in slot-feed players)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 pm 
Regular

I'll be impressed when Wadcorp constructs a DIY digipak.

But sticking bits of paper into a jewel case and onto a CD? Cmon... :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:57 pm 
Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Known Universe... Sometimes!
Possibly better than "Blip" itself, yet I can't help but look at the cover and even though I know it is a mirrored section of a guitar, be reminded of a chastity belt.

Ok, I'll get my hat and coat! :lol:

As always I'll be looking forward, wherever I am, to the next release/event whilst enjoying what I already have, thanks Mr. Nelson for the excellent music. Perfect in it's own way! - Sincerely Analog :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:06 pm 
Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Known Universe... Sometimes!
ajobjects wrote:
There has been a lot of discussion about minimum production runs, stock on shelves, decline of sales due to internet sites, boosting the fan-base etc that I'm very sympathetic with. I sincerely hope sales go well and those that are comfortable with the digital format enjoy it. From my point of view I'd rather miss out as I could not make Leeds. Bottom line is I will not pay to download music, burn a CD, print off my own inlay card and then pretend it has equality with a physical artefact. I'm so sorry after 27 years of following and buying 99% of the releases that I can't support much as it pains me. It's the same with other artists - I will not buy Wire's Official Bootleg series for example but I have everything on CD. Maybe I'm living in the past.....

"Blip 2" is the first peice of music that I have bought and downloaded. Worth every sheckel and the time it will take me to make a physical disc. I too, like yourself and many on this site prefer a physical product, however it is the music itself that I really desire and "Blip 2" is very desirable and satisfying even in only it's digital file format. It sounds great (Flac is just like a Cd in quality.) and is a beautiful album to listen too. As regards burning your own copy, someday you will have the means yourself or a friend will be able to do it for you if you don't wish to learn the process (IT isn't difficult if you have a good printer and a Cd burner.), but in the meantime do not pass on the music itself as it is superb!

This method of acquireing this title is TOTALY equal to the physical artefact that Mr. Nelson made available to those who attended the lauch party for "Blip" as it is the method he himself used to make "Blip 2" available to those attendees (We who purchase just don't have signed ones.). Plus ALL owners of this title are required, if I followed the various threads relating to it's production, to print their own covers as no covers were produced for the original as supplied by Mr. Nelson, as it was originally just a bonus for "Blip" launch party attendees.

Many printers, even laser ones, these days will print direct to Cd as long as the Cd blank that is used is a "printable" one. I have done it many times in the past for data Cds, to label them with their contents, and it is fairly foolproof and easy to do. Or you could go down Wadcorp's route and print to a blank label and affix it to the Cd, however these 'stampers' are rare these days as Cds with printable blank label sides are much more common.

I have only written this discourse as you seem like a true Bill Neslon music fan, and I feel that you would probably enjoy this album if you owned it. :D

NB: Plus all the artwork for the disc and cover are supplied with the download so a professional result is virtually guaranteed.

As always I'll be looking forward, wherever I am, to the next release/event whilst enjoying what I already have, thanks Mr. Nelson for the excellent music. Perfect in it's own way! - Sincerely Analog :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:00 pm 
Regular

Anyone looked really closely at the cover picture? What is it? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 pm 
The Citizen

weirdcritter wrote:
Anyone looked really closely at the cover picture? What is it?

It's actually a photograph of a vintage guitar...but dramatically twisted and altered by myself via computer software! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
It's actually a photograph of a vintage guitar...but dramatically twisted and altered by myself via computer software! :wink:

Ah, Bill is such a kidder.

It's a transporter chamber that Bill uses to make Brundleflies. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:12 am 
Regular

wadcorp wrote:
Bill Nelson wrote:

Ah, Bill is such a kidder.

It's a transporter chamber that Bill uses to make Brundleflies. :shock:

Nelson... Fused with guitar. Nelson.... Is guitar...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:56 am 
Regular

Looks like a chastity belt. :mrgreen:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next