www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: New forum 'FAIR EXCHANGE' added to Dreamsville
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 am 
Bar Manager

Due to popular demand, we now have another forum section for Dreamsville inhabitants to peruse.

Fair Exchange is a place where you can trade your spare Bill Nelson related goodies - please read and abide by the rules that are set out in the forum's first post.

The moderators will be keeping a close eye on how things develop, if you don't play nicely, then the trading area will be removed again.

Jon.

Post subject: Re: New forum 'FAIR EXCHANGE' added to Dreamsville
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:42 am 
Regular

cool beans...see you there

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 am 
Regular

An excellent idea!

An excellent name for this section in 'Fair Exchange' :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 am 
Regular

Very cool fellows !!! have a few trade items to stick on here in a while :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:42 pm 
Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Known Universe... Sometimes!
This forum is a great idea, however as a Mr. Nelson fan and collector of his music I think that the notification of it's existance should be a sticky and it should include some mention of the fact that it is only viewable if you are logged in. The link to it (In the announcement, it is the forum's title/name - Fair Exchange ) was not obvious to click on, so this should be highlighted in some way (Some colour needed here, as it is not obviously a link untill it is clicked on.).

This site has a fair number of lurkers and visitors that probably have not registered, yet a forum of this nature may induce some of these visitors to register (And post.) as they would by and large only be here due to their interest in Mr. Nelson's past and current output, at least if they are frequently returning visitors. It's existance needs to be permanent, prominent and fully defined as a "registered members only" accessible portion of the overall Dreamsville experience. Give people a reason to belong to something that they cannot have UNLESS they belong creates a desire that those same people will want to satisfy by becoming registered.

As I have been a visitor and a registered lurker for quite a while before I first posted, I know that any little inducement, such as a trading area, is apprecaiated and would have been evaluated as a positive reason for involving myself more fully in the Bill Nelson experience as afforded by this site. I.E: If I follow Mr. Nelson, I'm not alone, but a memeber of a healthy and growing environment that will not ostracise me but embrace my own Bill Nelson addiction and allow me to satisfy it via the ability to trade with like minded individuals. I didn't need that incentive, however other individuals may want something to drag them in as their tme is at a premium and they may feel that they want more for their buck than just an opportunity to chat. A trading area is a good thing for fans and for those on the "fringe" of being dedicated fans, as it allows a little insight into the position within which Mr, Nelson's works are regarded by others and the opportunity to purchase items no longer availble yet no longer needed by long time fans who purchased said items when they were plentiful.

I personally will probably never place anything up for trade. I bought it because I want it. End of story. However as I don't posses all of Mr. Nelson's output, I will definetely watch this forum with interest to see if I can fill in the gaps within my own collection. :)

As always I'll be looking forward, wherever I am, to the next release/event whilst enjoying what I already have, thanks Mr. Nelson for the excellent music. Perfect in it's own way! - Sincerely Analog :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 pm 
Bar Manager

Analog wrote:
This forum is a great idea, however as a Mr. Nelson fan and collector of his music I think that the notification of it's existance should be a sticky and it should include some mention of the fact that it is only viewable if you are logged in. The link to it (In the announcement, it is the forum's title/name - Fair Exchange ) was not obvious to click on, so this should be highlighted in some way (Some colour needed here, as it is not obviously a link untill it is clicked on.).

This site has a fair number of lurkers and visitors that probably have not registered, yet a forum of this nature may induce some of these visitors to register (And post.) as they would by and large only be here due to their interest in Mr. Nelson's past and current output, at least if they are frequently returning visitors. It's existance needs to be permanent, prominent and fully defined as a "registered members only" accessible portion of the overall Dreamsville experience. Give people a reason to belong to something that they cannot have UNLESS they belong creates a desire that those same people will want to satisfy by becoming registered.

The ability to view the forum unless logged on was purely an oversight on my part, it was fully intended to be 'viewable' by all - the issue has now been fixed so casual lurkers can have a nosey if their interest is pricked!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Thank you. It's a worthy and welcome addition.

In my opinion anything to do with selling BN related stuff that isn't via Dreamsville/SOS or Cherry Red or Bandcamp (i.e. private eBay sales) should be moved out of William's World and into the Dreamsville Exchange.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 pm 
The Citizen

MG wrote:
In my opinion anything to do with selling BN related stuff that isn't via Dreamsville/SOS or Cherry Red or Bandcamp (i.e. private eBay sales) should be moved out of William's World and into the Dreamsville Exchange.....

The idea behind this new 'department' is to provide an opportunity for fans to swap and exchange my albums without having to resort to ebay's exorbitant prices. I hope that everyone will deal with it in the spirit with which it is intended. Ie: Fair and respectable trade, no greedy profiteering, and a civilised attitude towards your fellow fans. Thanks... :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:17 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Bill Nelson wrote:
MG wrote:

The idea behind this new 'department' is to provide an opportunity for fans to swap and exchange my albums without having to resort to ebay's exorbitant prices. I hope that everyone will deal with it in the spirit with which it is intended. Ie: Fair and respectable trade, no greedy profiteering, and a civilised attitude towards your fellow fans. Thanks... :D

As far as I'm concerned not profiteering is the civilised attitude towards other Nelsonians/Dreamsville citizens.

In other words let's not turn it into a sub-forum for the exposition of greed.............. over to you maestro.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 pm 
Regular

Right then.....I have Noise Candy at the bargain price of £2500 with the case in pieces coupled with Romance of Sustain heavily scratched and with no cover for £350......no?.......maybe 'Unfair Exchange' then...... :roll: :wink: :wink:

ps...they're both mint and would be rescued in a fire,together with the cat, after the family....perhaps before....but I don't want to sound like a bastard :shock:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next